10 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Couldn't give a shit about the masons exactly because of all the conspiracy shit and you should know how I feel about conspiracy theories by now! :laugh:

I was referring to other organisations that cover up crimes within their own ranks because they're in their own ranks. Several churches, the police, and the MOD, to name just three. Where you have sworn loyalty you'll have those that will take it literally. I'll agree that you need the evidence but there are a lot on here that won't let the truth ruin a good story!

Personally I don't think any one would risk themselves covering something up simply because others were in the same organisation. You would cover something up because you yourself were implicated or because you shared the same standards, or lack of as the accused.  Or like the Catholic Church, who covered things up to protect the institution rather that to protect individuals. I don't believe an oath would really make people cover things up. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just witnessed this bloke give a funny hand shake and get off with a parking ticket  

I think masonry went through a phase in the 70's-80's where it was massive. But as it grew it evolved into something it hadn't been for 500 plus years. They bought big masonic halls, had committees an

.....she's still doing her hair ffs!   The masons is really just a grown mans dining club. They do massive amounts for charity. My lodge meets once a month and we raise a lump sum each time we do me

Posted Images

4 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Personally I don't think any one would risk themselves covering something up simply because others were in the same organisation. You would cover something up because you yourself were implicated or because you shared the same standards, or lack of as the accused.  Or like the Catholic Church, who covered things up to protect the institution rather that to protect individuals. I don't believe an oath would really make people cover things up. 

You and I don't look at it that way agreed and while I do believe we're in the majority there are well-documented cases of retaliation against whistleblowers that go through all levels of society. That retaliation seems to go stronger in organisations that have those oaths to the point where they've had to pass laws. LAPD is notorious for closing ranks and protecting bad eggs and have had some high profile scandals where officers won't speak up for common decency for fear of reprisals/ostracization.

• 6 years later...
5 minutes ago, mackem said:

Saw this in the entrance to a gentleman’s club today,anyone know if it’s Masonic?

81FFB46A-EE6C-4B71-B97E-8F3A66D0317F.jpeg

W C or better known as a toilet and the I is for information Lol

Just now, paulus said:

W C or better known as a toilet and the I is for information Lol

I think DIDO frequents such clubs (not toilets cos that’s cottaging).

1 minute ago, DIDO.1 said:

Not something I recognise 

Not Masonic then?Its tucked away in a very affluent area,heavy door with cameras,that’s the only signage,last time I rang they said “Are you a member sir” I answered in the negative and the conversation ended there,I asked a couple of blokes local they said they think it’s the masons or “something”.

Just now, mackem said:

Not Masonic then?Its tucked away in a very affluent area,heavy door with cameras,that’s the only signage,last time I rang they said “Are you a member sir” I answered in the negative and the conversation ended there,I asked a couple of blokes local they said they think it’s the masons or “something”.

What ever the club is they like Irish whiskey......

• Like 1
Just now, DIDO.1 said:

What ever the club is they like Irish whiskey......

I was actually told it’s an exclusive gents sort of place,I rang the bell not because I am an exclusive gent but because I am nosy,thanks for clearing up the mystery old chap.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, mackem said:

I think DIDO frequents such clubs (not toilets cos that’s cottaging).

I dunno mack , he has been drinking an awful lot of proseco just lately 🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Got it!

Irish craft whisky 🤣

Screenshot_20240116-191211.png

The craft is another name for masonry, can see a few masonic(ish) emblems in that design, pillars, an eye, a compass. Hidden in plain sight?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I do a couple of charity events for the Mason's, they are fishing events for disadvantaged children.

A nice day for the kids, but there's a lot of ego massaging going on "for charity mate"