The Good Life....living The Dream?

Better to go for a look now while you have no major commitments, like wife and kids.

Boils down to lying on your deathbed and saying, well I fcuked that part of my life up,or, fcuk I wish I had done that.

I read an article years ago that said most people are born, live and die in an eight mile radius, now that is truly scary and to me would be regrettable.

400 f***ing years that I know of my family has been living within that 8 mile radius, never mind just myself! LOL

• Like 1

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

were i live mackem for the last 13/14 years is a sorta living the dream,,if there is a such a thing....if you know what I mean..going away in the van here or abroad.me and me best mate the missus..met

I had big dreams once, I believed that if I continued to work myself in to the ground for just a few more years I could end up with my dream house in the countryside. The last oil crash gave me a mass

im living it right now, never enters my head to be elsewhere, I will be 73 this Thursday, and want fer nowt, apart from a touch of arhritus in my left hand, im in good health, got myself a decent pup,

Posted Images

Don't get me wrong boys, I love the landscape of the UK and the people are top class, it's getting f****d in the arse at every turn by the system I couldn't deal with and didn't feel I had the right to condem my kids too either.......I find it truly disgusting.

The land is lovely but for me it's no way to live.

But that is just me.

I think we,ve had a similar conversation before Wilf so i dont want to antagonize you but would you say you are ashamed of being English ?

I had all these " is the grass greener " type of questions and it took me all of about 5 minutes to realise that yes it is.....but that still doesnt change who i am and where im from im a big rough kid off the estate im not ashamed of that who am i to turn my back on where im from.

What Chris said is right if you dont like the situation then make changes and that for me is another part of the whole " living the dream " thing in that all be it small changes,they can be made within our own communities.......what is it they say running away just wears your shoes out.

Mate, absolutely not.......I couldn't be more proud to be English.

I regularly bore the pants off my kids about how England has contributed more to the world than anyone else and about what a great people we once were.

I don't think there has ever been or ever will be a country that has punched so far above its weight.

.........but imho that great land and its people and attitude got hijacked along the way.........now they are just mopping up the stragglers.......that's the likes of me and you and a good few other lads.

Lads like us don't have any place in this new order and we ain't wanted........jmho

So what's a bloke supposed to do?........I could hang round getting more and more bitter about it till I die or I can get on the toby...........as I think I said to you before mate, MY England is long gone.

I dint look at it like running away, but some may.......I looked at it like this, why should I contribute one more penny of my money or one more second of my time to a place that wants to destroy me.......it don't want me and I didn't want my kids being made to contribute to their cultures destruction either.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 3

So all you guys with blood and roots in the soil etc, Howe bad would it have to be to leave, drought, failed crops, disease

For me I have found unaffordable housing, tax and over whelmed services are enough for me to bugger off.

If I owned my own home could afford private healthcare, nurseries etc then I would probably find some roots, depends on your personal situation imho, Atb Joe

For me it'd have to be pretty bad,but I'm not materialistic,I'd happily live in a caravan if that's all I could afford.

If my town turned into Bradford overnight I don't think I'd subject my family to that,but if I was single I'd stay.

I think I'd always have a desire to move back eventually if I was forced to move on.

• Like 1

So all you guys with blood and roots in the soil etc, Howe bad would it have to be to leave, drought, failed crops, disease

For me I have found unaffordable housing, tax and over whelmed services are enough for me to bugger off.

If I owned my own home could afford private healthcare, nurseries etc then I would probably find some roots, depends on your personal situation imho, Atb Joe

For me it'd have to be pretty bad,but I'm not materialistic,I'd happily live in a caravan if that's all I could afford.

If my town turned into Bradford overnight I don't think I'd subject my family to that,but if I was single I'd stay.

I think I'd always have a desire to move back eventually if I was forced to move on.

Fair play to you Neems, and how nice that there are still a few people left who think that way.

As I said there was a time I couldn't ever imagine myself leaving England......not in a million years.

But then I started to feel like that lone protester standing in front of the tank.........it don't matter if you are right or wrong, after a while the drivers going to get the bollock ache and just run you over !! Lol

I bought and sold things for a living nearly my whole life and the most important part was knowing when to walk away. ;)

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2

My country id going through a similar dilemma wilf, and its not coming from any foreign element.It coming from a shower of hatefull political party hell bent on causing divisions between our neighbours nd its own countrymen.

but im sure we prevail and see them off in time :)

• Like 2

My country id going through a similar dilemma wilf, and its not coming from any foreign element.It coming from a shower of hatefull political party hell bent on causing divisions between our neighbours nd its own countrymen.

I hope so mate, the thing you have in your side is that the Scots like the Welsh and Irish are seen as quaint.......however every c**t in the world and his dog f***ing detests the English ! Lol

Anyway, hers my boys (9) favourite song which can get a bit awkward driving around Ireland with it blasting in the landrover ! Lol

• Like 1

Fair play to you Neems, and how nice that there are still a few people left who think that way.

As I said there was a time I couldn't ever imagine myself leaving England......not in a million years.

But then I started to feel like that lone protester standing in front of the tank.........it don't matter if you are right or wrong, after a while the drivers going to get the bollock ache and just run you over !! Lol

I bought and sold things for a living nearly my whole life and the most important part was knowing when to walk away. ;)

There's a few left too stubborn for our own good.

I don't rate London much higher than Bradistan anyway,so probably wouldn't stick around there either.

Nowhere else feels right,even just sat out in the back garden like I am now,if I'm somewhere else in the back of my head I'm waiting to go back home.

It's a subconscious feeling similar to being in a doctors waiting room,but it never ends.

I can see the appeal of moving away but I don't intend to try again.

• Like 1

I hope so mate, the thing you have in your side is that the Scots like the Welsh and Irish are seen as quaint.......however every c**t in the world and his dog f***ing detests the English ! Lol

Anyway, hers my boys (9) favourite song which can get a bit awkward driving around Ireland with it blasting in the landrover ! Lol

wouldnt be as akward as the songs i listen to.Especially in the south of Ireland lol
  • Like 3

Me and my misses are both young Iv got my career she's working towards hers we are on the property market but not where we want to be when she gets her career in work we will be looking to go more rural not a million miles from

People house with bit of land for kennels and so on I'm

Easy pleased tbh so is she ! Aslong as I can get out with the dogs bit of lamping and digging I'm happy as pig in shit

• Like 2

You're in a nice part of the world mate not swamped with traffic and people yet, rains a bit mind.;) Atb Joe

Where I live I am right by town to many people for my liking

Don't get me wrong boys, I love the landscape of the UK and the people are top class, it's getting f****d in the arse at every turn by the system I couldn't deal with and didn't feel I had the right to condem my kids too either.......I find it truly disgusting.

But that is just me.

I think we,ve had a similar conversation before Wilf so i dont want to antagonize you but would you say you are ashamed of being English ?

I had all these " is the grass greener " type of questions and it took me all of about 5 minutes to realise that yes it is.....but that still doesnt change who i am and where im from im a big rough kid off the estate im not ashamed of that who am i to turn my back on where im from.

What Chris said is right if you dont like the situation then make changes and that for me is another part of the whole " living the dream " thing in that all be it small changes,they can be made within our own communities.......what is it they say running away just wears your shoes out.

I regularly bore the pants off my kids about how England has contributed more to the world than anyone else and about what a great people we once were.

I don't think there has ever been or ever will be a country that has punched so far above its weight.

.........but imho that great land and its people and attitude got hijacked along the way.........now they are just mopping up the stragglers.......that's the likes of me and you and a good few other lads.

Lads like us don't have any place in this new order and we ain't wanted........jmho

So what's a bloke supposed to do?........I could hang round getting more and more bitter about it till I die or I can get on the toby...........as I think I said to you before mate, MY England is long gone.

I dint look at it like running away, but some may.......I looked at it like this, why should I contribute one more penny of my money or one more second of my time to a place that wants to destroy me.......it don't want me and I didn't want my kids being made to contribute to their cultures destruction either.

That summarises how I feel, I know who I am and where I'm from and I know that our country is really ours. Government isn't permanent this country it's borders and people are, even with the mess they're trying to make of it.

I don't agree with blind loyalty or patriotism, in a way that's what lead to the destruction of Europe. Our country (any country) is something the we have inherited from our ancestors, they built it and we don't own it we are just custodians and it is our job to pass it on in better shape to the next generations....the day our disgusting government figures that out I will happily pay in blood and taxes or whatever it takes.

• Like 1

But that is just me.

I get what your saying Wilf and your right.....i apologise.... i asked you that with a bit of attitude if im honest :D

I still find it hard hearing folk bashing the gaff,even one of my own.....its probably a bit like when a fellow West Ham fan says " we,re a pile of shit aint we "......even though i agree i still want to rip his throat out !........i do think we sometimes play the victim a little bit without really nailing our loyalty down i truly believe that if the right people in the right areas took the bull by the horns communities would see big changes in relatively small amounts of time....i mean your out of Deptford it was never exactly Beverley Hills was it so wouldnt take that much to get it back to what it was.....same for me.

But on the whole you are right yes and im sorry for asking such a question i guess certain things are still hard to hear even though you know they are true :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

As always, I like to think we can be straight and now and again things make the hair on your neck stand up, but we can see it's just conversation and nothing more ;)

Thank you for the apology, it really wasn't required mate.....you know that.

• Like 1

After stating no coons, muzzies or foreigners are allowed in his pad old Wilfey boy hightailed it out of this country in no time. We couldn't rely on that yellow belly if a civil war broke out....... ??