• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't she like fudge but just harder

There's fellas in the game 20/30years who no everything about nothing. A lad with the right attitude no matter how many years he's at it is worth ten of them no it all ignorant fellas.

The fifth dig to a Treacle pup this season, another Roxett grandson

Posted Images

I think people can expect far too much of a terrier . Who is to say what is the breaking limit of a dog and what will sicken it? It's all well and good being a hunt terrierman in the places where there is an abundance of digging but that is a very small percentage of terrier lads. Most are weekend warriors with full time jobs. If their dogs are dug to every time theyre out then that should be good enough IMO. How many good dogs and bitches have been put down by over zealous owners who heard that 'such and such' digs 10 a day with his dog so if this dog cant do it then its shite. Its a load of bollocks IMO.

• Like 9

I think people can expect far too much of a terrier . Who is to say what is the breaking limit of a dog and what will sicken it? It's all well and good being a hunt terrierman in the places where there is an abundance of digging but that is a very small percentage of terrier lads. Most are weekend warriors with full time jobs. If their dogs are dug to every time theyre out then that should be good enough IMO. How many good dogs and bitches have been put down by over zealous owners who heard that 'such and such' digs 10 a day with his dog so if this dog cant do it then its shite. Its a load of bollocks IMO.

Agreed RH .

In all honesty your pupndoes look like the usual Stevens stuff imo wether it is or not who cares like you said yourself mate if it does the job it doesn't matter if it was bred by Ronald McDonald good luck with your pup

• Like 4

keep what makes you happy and

dig the the amount you want to dig

they aren't machines they are animals just like us good and bad in all

to many people worry about what others have in their yards

and over look what they have or are doing

• Like 5

Iv dug two Stevens bred terriers brother and sister dog was two hard for his own good and the sister is some bitch still going very very good bitch think the lads breeding her this summer

• Like 2

Don't matter how good the blood is if the man holding the spade don't have a clue..seen enough so called well bred dogs/bitches fail because of the ego holding the lead. Some think because they off a certain breeding they won't fail...always the dogs fault not the owner.the amount of lads that can't even keep a terrier a full season make me laugh -chopping and changing chasing the buzz so to speak.that's why I give the shows a miss as most are full to the brim with such characters- don't see many with the same dogs season after season-speaks volumes to me...how many of these young dogs folks are showing off make the grade?some have pup after pup and you never hear no more of them.atb dc

• Like 10

Don't matter how good the blood is if the man holding the spade don't have a clue..seen enough so called well bred dogs/bitches fail because of the ego holding the lead. Some think because they off a certain breeding they won't fail...always the dogs fault not the owner.the amount of lads that can't even keep a terrier a full season make me laugh -chopping and changing chasing the buzz so to speak.that's why I give the shows a miss as most are full to the brim with such characters- don't see many with the same dogs season after season-speaks volumes to me...how many of these young dogs folks are showing off make the grade?some have pup after pup and you never hear no more of them.atb dc

I certainly don't, but I'm learning

Anyone who has seen me with my dogs can tell you the bond I build with them

Edited by Dead Eyes

Out of curiosity Tallywacker, have you seen a better lines of terriers?

iv seen by far better bitches from various lines over the years, it seems ns has achieved what he set out to do and that's breed great hunt bitches..

Would those bitches have seen the graft as NS bitches though.

One or 2 digs a fortnight and some look great.

Try them 5 + times in the day......... a few times a week ! :whistling:

NS dug for a living. Only good terriers stayed with him.

Same with DF , :yes: . Some folk would not believe a percentage of the stuff that NS/DF dug if you told them. :no:

i would believe and do believe the amount they've done! But terriers are there bread and butter there not mine!! And I don't go hunting so they'd be little use to me..

The majority of a terrierman's digging is done on the stopping days and not hunting days. :angel:

ALSO , I know terriers are not machines ! BUT , a lot of these great dogs are wrapped up in cotton wool and under worked. JMHO.

• Like 3