• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't she like fudge but just harder

There's fellas in the game 20/30years who no everything about nothing. A lad with the right attitude no matter how many years he's at it is worth ten of them no it all ignorant fellas.

The fifth dig to a Treacle pup this season, another Roxett grandson

Posted Images

How many generations did NS breed before it become 'his' breeding?

He never called it his 'line' as such. He had a job to do and needed tools for the job and made them himself.

And as the saying goes 'The rest is history !'

I personally think the man was way ahead of his times as far as breeding terriers went.

• Like 2

He never called it his 'line' as such. He had a job to do and needed tools for the job and made them himself.

And as the saying goes 'The rest is history !'

I personally think the man was way ahead of his times as far as breeding terriers went.

In what way?

I personally think he was a lucky b*****d to have the work for the terriers, decent lads around him and a good basic set of terriers to build from. He was a joy to watch working his terriers, he was a good man on the banjo, a genius at breeding terriers he wasn't. He did no more or less than anyone that's reading this post, he kept his dogs to the best of his ability, he bred what he'd got to the best available to him, no more, no less

• Like 12

and how many generations before it stops being his? after all the lads that have them now make all the decisions, who mates who, whats good enough to be kept, etc, and they,ll have different standard and aims?

• Like 3

I've got bitches here I'd work in anyone's company, I've got steady and bay mix, right through to absolutely bonkers.

I keep saying it, NS terriers won't suit the bulk of terrier men, they're very intelligent, some are slow to mature, unless you're willing to put the effort in to get a good bond you'll do no good.

i don't doubt you have DD heard nothing good about your self & terriers, but how many ns enthusiasts can say that..

I've heard of dozens of young terriers full of promise that got pts because of ego's and people in a rush to get to the finish line. One thing I've learned over the years is that there is no finish line.

I've had and have still got flyers, but the vast majority of these start early but don't seem to put it all together until they're at the end of their second season. The trouble is everyone's heard about the "special" line of terriers, and they think everyone of them should be the next great thing. They won't all make it, I'd be a liar to say anything else, but it pains me to have seen so many good prospects over the years destroyed through owners not giving them a chance to mature and learn on the job.

I have also seen the opposite, lads dragging 'pups' around at three and four looking for a hole end to get them going , refusing to believe they've got a dud from this line.

• Like 5

I've got bitches here I'd work in anyone's company, I've got steady and bay mix, right through to absolutely bonkers.

I keep saying it, NS terriers won't suit the bulk of terrier men, they're very intelligent, some are slow to mature, unless you're willing to put the effort in to get a good bond you'll do no good.

i don't doubt you have DD heard nothing good about your self & terriers, but how many ns enthusiasts can say that..
I've heard of dozens of young terriers full of promise that got pts because of ego's and people in a rush to get to the finish line. One thing I've learned over the years is that there is no finish line.

I've had and have still got flyers, but the vast majority of these start early but don't seem to put it all together until they're at the end of their second season. The trouble is everyone's heard about the "special" line of terriers, and they think everyone of them should be the next great thing. They won't all make it, I'd be a liar to say anything else, but it pains me to have seen so many good prospects over the years destroyed through owners not giving them a chance to mature and learn on the job.

I have also seen the opposite, lads dragging 'pups' around at three and four looking for a hole end to get them going , refusing to believe they've got a dud from this line.
or been sold something, saying it's out of his dogs and then doing what the do themselves

I have also seen the opposite, lads dragging 'pups' around at three and four looking for a hole end to get them going , refusing to believe they've got a dud from this line.[/quote

I'm still doing it

• Like 4

From what i gather NS was a damn good pigeon man too.............ie.knew how to breed winners in a very competitive world

all well and good but can he turn water into wine or part the red sea or make the blind see or even go for a wee walk on top of water,