• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't she like fudge but just harder

There's fellas in the game 20/30years who no everything about nothing. A lad with the right attitude no matter how many years he's at it is worth ten of them no it all ignorant fellas.

The fifth dig to a Treacle pup this season, another Roxett grandson

Posted Images

Why should good terriermen spend their lives (literally) building a good solid line of terriers just to hand out their pedigrees to the public for the money men to make a quick buck?

I can imagine it sickens them to the stomach, I heard through the grapevine that was ultimately why NS packed the job in , more's the pity.

• Like 4

Because they dont want the supposed breeder to find out hes used their name mate .Little trick mate ...................When you first meet a terrier lad and hes keen to part with a terrier ask him firstly how its bred ,just a verbal and remember it .As you are leaving ask that very same question and see what changes are made in regards to where the conversation inbetween went lol.Amazing how peds are sometimes tweeked to include those dogs a liitle bit known,not fully, by the buyer ,new owner .I was in a lads kitchen once ,a lad off here lol ,he was selling a rough black dog to a lad i knew and i was just there to check out its health .The origin took 3 turns by the time we had finished our tea lol. Terrier was bought and went on to make a decent dog but on questioning the owner by phone the lad was told to bring it back as it was a bit special and shouldnt have been sold lol.

Dogs now retired but he never heard owt more about that "special"breeding and it never produced anything decent when put over a few mediocre bitches .

• Like 2

Why should good terriermen spend their lives (literally) building a good solid line of terriers just to hand out their pedigrees to the public for the money men to make a quick buck?

I can imagine it sickens them to the stomach, I heard through the grapevine that was ultimately why NS packed the job in , more's the pity.

without knowing the ped how are you supposed to keep the line going strong? And it would be ashame for someone to put there life into making a good solid line then one day die and have your line die with you because know one had the ped to keep it going. You die and so does the legacy of the line. And if you keep your dogs in a tight circle then there shouldnt be a problem with giving them the ped. And why do so many folks think that all the dogs should be gifted? Is someone pays for his dogs why does he owe anyone something for nothing? Why should a man put his money out and not someone else? Gift them to folks in your circle yes but to sell one or two so you can put it back into the dogs i see no wrong with that. And if your worried about someone getting your ped then maybe you shouldnt of dealt with them To begin with.
  • Like 2

I half get what you're saying but as an outsider it reads as thus;

This breeder gave out false info so others wouldnt tarnish his name by using his dogs to breed from. Surely his dogs ought to be good enough to breed from without tarnishing his name?