Say wat you like about ns if it wasn't for him some lads wouldnt have wat they got now..

That could be said about a lot of (names)

stevens had to start somewhere so you could say without Gould/Stacy stuff he would not have bred what he did

• Like 2

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't she like fudge but just harder

There's fellas in the game 20/30years who no everything about nothing. A lad with the right attitude no matter how many years he's at it is worth ten of them no it all ignorant fellas.

The fifth dig to a Treacle pup this season, another Roxett grandson

Posted Images

Say wat you like about ns if it wasn't for him some lads wouldnt have wat they got now..

stevens had to start somewhere so you could say without Gould/Stacy stuff he would not have bred what he did

But that applies to everybody whos ever bred a dog surely .If an animal has been added to ,combined with something else and now breeds true, is fit for purpose then the breeder deserves recognition .

• Like 2

I personally can't see why they would be called'stevens'-he's had no imput for a long time-been other more than capable men grafting and choosing what goes over what progressing what he started, for the better imo-most men don't want one trick ponies so to speak.if he was as special as people say and had something about him he still be in the game surly? .he did his bit granted,but there's others who deserve the recognition in my eyes-men that thankfully didn't give up when the ban came in and jack when the going wasn't to their liking.atb dc

• Like 2

I personally can't see why they would be called'stevens'-he's had no imput for a long time-been other more than capable men grafting and choosing what goes over what progressing what he started, for the better imo-most men don't want one trick ponies so to speak.if he was as special as people say and had something about him he still be in the game surly? .he did his bit granted,but there's others who deserve the recognition in my eyes-men that thankfully didn't give up when the ban came in and jack when the going wasn't to their liking.atb dc

I think its just a convenient way of saying what some folk have, same as Nuttall, Gould, Wheeler etc

But that applies to everybody whos ever bred a dog surely .If an animal has been added to ,combined with something else and now breeds true, is fit for purpose then the breeder deserves recognition .

Yes i suppose it does apply. In fairness He chose well when using a nuttall and brightmore outcross.

• Like 1

You wouldn't get as much for the pups ;)

• Like 7

Yes i suppose it does apply. In fairness He chose well when using a nuttall and brightmore outcross.
out of all the outcrosses did he ever produce any bitches good as rags? Heard skip was meant to be a good bitch!

out of all the outcrosses did he ever produce any bitches good as rags? Heard skip was meant to be a good bitch!
Every bitch he kept was good at what they bred for or NS didn't entertain it mate .Comparisons are only ever one mans view repeated until it becomes a legend .
  • Like 1

I suppose he had a job do to and knew what tools he needed to do it....obviously he's gonna try and achieve what suited him...which he did from what I gather?

how many of the ns enthusiasts need what that man did?? A handful I'd say! the rest just jumping on the bandwagon..

I suppose he had a job do to and knew what tools he needed to do it....obviously he's gonna try and achieve what suited him...which he did from what I gather?

how many of the ns enthusiasts need what that man did?? A handful I'd say! the rest just jumping on the bandwagon..
who would you class as his enthusiasts ?