It's surprising how fecking thick half the eejits are that use terriers names to sell pups. There was a guy selling pups on Facebook advertised as nick Stevens blood. Me being the wind up I am messages him asking asking about them...he said nicks roxy was the grandmother of the pups. Imagine how long ago it was that bitch was alive...she was the start of it all. yet she's the grandmother to the pups just to sell. The man's a fecking eejit. He was judging the lurchers at Caerphilly show Monday. DB. Funny how so many of 'nick stevens' terriers names have come about since the book hit the market. The peddlers couldn't name half the terriers nick had before the book...thinking about it, neither could I ?

I don't no what the attraction is with the stevens dogs! (unless in service) Only ever seen a handful of goodun's and they were dogs, and bitches not worth mentioning! Iv seen a few from most of the ns enthusiasts kennels, perhaps Iv just been unlucky in what Iv seen but more then most were shocking!..
What about the famous Roxette? I hear she was a fair animal. Also heard bad about her, but that's the terrier world for you.
can only comment on what Iv seen, also heard good things about her! She was obviously one of the better bitches from that line, she ever produced any bitches as good as her self when put back to the same stuff?

I couldn't tell you to be honest. I can't be 100%, but I'm almost positive the whole Roxette litter worked to a high standard, especially 1 of her brothers. There's a thread on here somewhere that explains a bit of that...

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't she like fudge but just harder

There's fellas in the game 20/30years who no everything about nothing. A lad with the right attitude no matter how many years he's at it is worth ten of them no it all ignorant fellas.

The fifth dig to a Treacle pup this season, another Roxett grandson

Posted Images

It's surprising how fecking thick half the eejits are that use terriers names to sell pups. There was a guy selling pups on Facebook advertised as nick Stevens blood. Me being the wind up I am messages him asking asking about them...he said nicks roxy was the grandmother of the pups. Imagine how long ago it was that bitch was alive...she was the start of it all. yet she's the grandmother to the pups just to sell. The man's a fecking eejit. He was judging the lurchers at Caerphilly show Monday. DB. Funny how so many of 'nick stevens' terriers names have come about since the book hit the market. The peddlers couldn't name half the terriers nick had before the book...thinking about it, neither could I ?

I don't no what the attraction is with the stevens dogs! (unless in service) Only ever seen a handful of goodun's and they were dogs, and bitches not worth mentioning! Iv seen a few from most of the ns enthusiasts kennels, perhaps Iv just been unlucky in what Iv seen but more then most were shocking!..
What about the famous Roxette? I hear she was a fair animal. Also heard bad about her, but that's the terrier world for you.
can only comment on what Iv seen, also heard good things about her! She was obviously one of the better bitches from that line, she ever produced any bitches as good as her self when put back to the same stuff?
I couldn't tell you to be honest. I can't be 100%, but I'm almost positive the whole Roxette litter worked to a high standard, especially 1 of her brothers. There's a thread on here somewhere that explains a bit of that...
was a great litter! Dogs yea but it's the bitches I'm querying..

Yes mate needy is how I'd describe the few bitches I've kept on.The bitch I have now is extremely needy of attention, right from a pup and her pup is the same .Better that than a standoff type though everyday .Can't say I've seen many of the type that wouldn't work fox though but have seen quite a few I'd not keep for being a bit too steady instead of up and at them .The coats are usually good, dense ,and waterproof and seem to gell well with other lines .My daughters boyfriend has a bitch that is NS background, same age as my pup but she is huge ,big strong bitch built like a dog .If she works out she will be joining the line for sure as I like the type , my own pup is tiny in comparison .We are out for a walk later so I'll get some pics .

URL=http://s586.photobucket.com/user/timmy243photos/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3867.jpg.html]IMG_3867.jpg[/url]

IMG_3866.jpg

• Like 8

I've got bitches here I'd work in anyone's company, I've got steady and bay mix, right through to absolutely bonkers.

I keep saying it, NS terriers won't suit the bulk of terrier men, they're very intelligent, some are slow to mature, unless you're willing to put the effort in to get a good bond you'll do no good.

i don't doubt you have DD heard nothing but good about your self & terriers, but how many ns enthusiasts can say that.. Edited by Tallywacker
  • Like 1

Out of curiosity Tallywacker, have you seen a better lines of terriers?

iv seen by far better bitches from various lines over the years, it seems ns has achieved what he set out to do and that's breed great hunt bitches..

Would those bitches have seen the graft as NS bitches though.

One or 2 digs a fortnight and some look great.

Try them 5 + times in the day......... a few times a week ! :whistling:

NS dug for a living. Only good terriers stayed with him.

Same with DF , :yes: . Some folk would not believe a percentage of the stuff that NS/DF dug if you told them. :no:

• Like 3

Roxetts last grandson, out of Treacle at twelve years old, his sire is producing plenty of digging dogs and has a line on both his paternal side and maternal side going back to the beginning of NS stuff.

Treacle has done well with him.hes looking in fine condition.nice and shiny like a new car.

• Like 1

I've got bitches here I'd work in anyone's company, I've got steady and bay mix, right through to absolutely bonkers.

I keep saying it, NS terriers won't suit the bulk of terrier men, they're very intelligent, some are slow to mature, unless you're willing to put the effort in to get a good bond you'll do no good.

i don't doubt you have DD heard nothing good about your self & terriers, but how many ns enthusiasts can say that..

I've heard of dozens of young terriers full of promise that got pts because of ego's and people in a rush to get to the finish line. One thing I've learned over the years is that there is no finish line.

I've had and have still got flyers, but the vast majority of these start early but don't seem to put it all together until they're at the end of their second season. The trouble is everyone's heard about the "special" line of terriers, and they think everyone of them should be the next great thing. They won't all make it, I'd be a liar to say anything else, but it pains me to have seen so many good prospects over the years destroyed through owners not giving them a chance to mature and learn on the job.

• Like 12

iv seen by far better bitches from various lines over the years, it seems ns has achieved what he set out to do and that's breed great hunt bitches..

Same with DF , :yes: . Some folk would not believe a percentage of the stuff that NS/DF dug if you told them. :no:

i would believe and do believe the amount they've done! But terriers are there bread and butter there not mine!! And I don't go hunting so they'd be little use to me..
  • Like 1

Can't speak for DF but Stevens was selective where he put a dog ,allowing others to step up in his place with their digs.No doubt about it he put some gear away but only on his terms .Stevens also had a yard full so the same dog wouldn't be getting those 5 digs .

• Like 1