Lidle Find

You'd think the folk trying to prove their existence woukd get some decent HD cameras and do their thing.

A halfway decent trail-cam nowadays will give you 1080 and 12mp,thats damned good quality,doesnt deteriorate to a blurry screen at night.
then maybe you should get it out the box stop quoting what it says on the label and flood us with your fantastic footage, if I wanted a fox case would be closed cheers
See you've suddenly mastered the art of getting pics on the computer lol.

Have to say mate ,the more you write the more it's going down hill .Should of quit with the suspense of the unknown .This is where we differ mate ,knowing how to play your audience lol.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I just met up with greyman and seen the footage he has and here is my verdict .......   As far as I'm concerned I was looking at a video of a young mountain lion type big cat ... the video is o

Not just big cats we have roaming the countryside in the UK, we've got some big primates also. Managed to capture this image of a mountain gorilla in a secret location in the Scottish highlands just a

Id like to thank socks, had a lovely drive up saw my first hare of the year and also a red kite on the way back, met a decent like minded bloke that has certainly had many years experience and knows h

Posted Images

You'd think the folk trying to prove their existence woukd get some decent HD cameras and do their thing.

A halfway decent trail-cam nowadays will give you 1080 and 12mp,thats damned good quality,doesnt deteriorate to a blurry screen at night.
then maybe you should get it out the box stop quoting what it says on the label and flood us with your fantastic footage, if I wanted a fox case would be closed cheers

Have to say mate ,the more you write the more it's going down hill .Should of quit with the suspense of the unknown .This is where we differ mate ,knowing how to play your audience lol.

He would have to get up early in the morning to cod you. You miss nothing. ?

It seems odd to me that folk who are not professional photographers with pukka cameras can get fantastic quality pictures of tiny little birds from great distances yet nobody in this " big cat spotter " fraternity can get a clear picture of an animal 50 times the size of a bird......for something that totally relies on equipment for evidence why use such shit gear !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

I bought the "Cat Country" book off the back of this discussion and read through it yesterday. Obviously dated, but given that it focuses on the 70s into early 80s, I'd say a lot of the sightings could be genuine as that would have been the period some cats would have been turfed out following the legislative changes. Not very relevant nearly 40 years later though.

Having said that, some of the locations near Inverness are known to me and a good friend lives in Cannich where the puma was cage trapped. Not much in the way of genuine sightings up that was now by all accounts.

The book is a nice throw back to a genuinely interesting era if anyone is looking for a read (ignoring the rubbish about the possibility of a native race of cats living undetected in the UK).

Novice

• Like 1

He would have to get up early in the morning to cod you. You miss nothing.

No flys on him, he's sussed it's Johnny Bluck sneaking round in a leopard suit.....haha

• Like 1

Fairly sure quite a few people had them, pretty much a free for all for those who had the money or inclination to have one. Given the idiots who have some bull breeds these days, imagine if they got their hands on exotic cats!

By way of example, I know of a retired vet local to me that still owns a bsa .22rf that he used to dispatch a lioness in a garden near where I live. It was kept in an enclosure as a pet but had injured the homeowner's child when some boisterous play got out of hand and the vet was called to dispatch it. The rimmy did the job at very close range! He used the same rifle to dispatch a bullock that had escaped from the local mart. Maybe he could teach a few arv officers on bullet placement given recent reports on police attempts to dispatch escaped livestock.

Novice

Anyone who had the money to buy an exotic animal could have one back in the good old days. Harrods used to sell lions and alligators.

I remember seeing footage of women/men walking round london in the swinging sixties with lion & leopard cubs on leads!

• Like 1