Lidle Find

I am sceptical, but also astute enough to know I do not know everything. These few questions are what I ask my self when it comes to the subject of big cats roaming the British countryside.

Is it possible? My answer is probably but highly unlikely.

Why are they not seen more by hunts etc? There is an easy answer to that, their survival mode is flight, a fox's survival mode is to hide, a fox will only take flight when really pushed. So when they hear hounds approaching a cat would be off, and a fox will try and hide be it in a wood or an earth.

I am sceptical about a government cover up, because as soon as a sighting is reported there are police everywhere, (not exactly low key is it?)

Do I believe the people who report sightings? To a point yes, I believe that they actually believe that they have seen a big cat like animal, apart that is from the people who had deliberately set out to deceive.

On the subject of this thread, do I believe Greyman? Yes I think he has what he believes to be a big cat on video, and until proven otherwise I think it would be wrong to call the man a liar. How he chooses to display the video is his choice, that said he is willing to show socks so we will just have to wait to see the result of the meeting.

TC

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I just met up with greyman and seen the footage he has and here is my verdict .......   As far as I'm concerned I was looking at a video of a young mountain lion type big cat ... the video is o

Not just big cats we have roaming the countryside in the UK, we've got some big primates also. Managed to capture this image of a mountain gorilla in a secret location in the Scottish highlands just a

Id like to thank socks, had a lovely drive up saw my first hare of the year and also a red kite on the way back, met a decent like minded bloke that has certainly had many years experience and knows h

Posted Images

I am sceptical, but also astute enough to know I do not know everything. These few questions are what I ask my self when it comes to the subject of big cats roaming the British countryside.

Why are they not seen more by hunts etc? There is an easy answer to that, their survival mode is flight, a fox's survival mode is to hide, a fox will only take flight when really pushed. So when they hear hounds approaching a cat would be off, and a fox will try and hide be it in a wood or an earth.

I am sceptical about a government cover up, because as soon as a sighting is reported there are police everywhere, (not exactly low key is it?)

Do I believe the people who report sightings? To a point yes, I believe that they actually believe that they have seen a big cat like animal, apart that is from the people who had deliberately set out to deceive.

On the subject of this thread, do I believe Greyman? Yes I think he has what he believes to be a big cat on video, and until proven otherwise I think it would be wrong to call the man a liar. How he chooses to display the video is his choice, that said he is willing to show socks so we will just have to wait to see the result of the meeting.

TC

If it was a Leopard and it got spooked it would be up a tree in no time.

Agreed mate .Whist trees are mentioned ,why is it British cats have supposedly reverted to eating on the ground whereas every other cat of similar size worldwide carries it's prey up a tree regardless of competitors.

• Like 1

Not being funny I am genuinely interested in this particular topic! Only one thing I really don't understand is the poor quality of the images of these big cats, I could name at least a dozen lads of whom Fuji is one that posts pics of outstanding clarity and quality! As I said it is a genuine question! I can compare these big cat pics to those on Crimewatch where you honestly think why on earth did the person install such a crap monitoring system when the intruders caught on screen could be anyone? I don't doubt you for a second Greyman but am I right in saying you are now saying the quality of your picture is a bit iffy? As I said this is a genuine question! ATB

• Like 1

TC

So why is it that the mountain lion is only tree'd when pushed hard by dogs after them following it for many miles?

TC

Agreed mate .Whist trees are mentioned ,why is it British cats have supposedly reverted to eating on the ground whereas every other cat of similar size worldwide carries it's prey up a tree regardless of competitors.

Mountain lions will eat on the ground and so do jaguars in South America .......

• Like 1

I've always been mildly sceptical about big cats, but if pushed I'd say I was slightly more inclined to believe than disbelieve. I think a lot of the genuine stuff is hidden amongst the thousands of bullshit stories.

What I don't get is all these "I was told to keep it quiet" stories. I've actually heard these first-hand too as well as read them. If I saw one, I'd shoot it. If I shot it, I'd be selling the story and pictures to the highest bidder. By the time "the authorities" got wind of this and told me to hush it up, it would be too late

and sadly mate even if you did people would just say it's an escapee no single photo will convince, that's why I am trying to say a photo is a very small part of the equation, there is a guy in Dorset by the name of Jonathan mcgowan he has been collecting evidence for around thirty years and has more conclusive evidence than you would need to win a court case, from DNA evidence, dental evidence and bags of cats scats one confirmed to contain a dog some of the most perfect leopard footprints I,ve ever seen and a few grainie trail cam pictures all of which would prove his case over and over if anyone wanted to listen to him he used to put it on t youtube but now he just does what the rest do and shares it with like minded people who between them should be able to bring a case that can't be ignored in the future, the photo that started all this is more than likely a large male black leopard it was photographed on the quantocks in Somerset by a woman on an iPhone most on here said it was the most convincing picture to date but over a few pages it became a pile of mud a pair of gundogs and a few other things and now it's forgotten already, so like I say a photo is just a little piece of a big picture and proves nothing on its own
  • Like 5

TC

So why is it that the mountain lion is only tree'd when pushed hard by dogs after them following it for many miles?

TC

Mountain Lion and Leopard are not the same cat.

Mountain lions will eat on the ground and so do jaguars in South America .......

and mountain lions bury prey for later like the deer in the St. Albans report

Not being funny I am genuinely interested in this particular topic! Only one thing I really don't understand is the poor quality of the images of these big cats, I could name at least a dozen lads of whom Fuji is one that posts pics of outstanding clarity and quality! As I said it is a genuine question! I can compare these big cat pics to those on Crimewatch where you honestly think why on earth did the person install such a crap monitoring system when the intruders caught on screen could be anyone? I don't doubt you for a second Greyman but am I right in saying you are now saying the quality of your picture is a bit iffy? As I said this is a genuine question! ATB

sadly mate the cats are nocturnal and trailcams loose quality during the dark when on infa red mode and only record in black and white, I think I said earlier about the man that makes the trail cams for animal planet and they cost five grand a pop plus the cost of a dslr camera, they work on four infa red sensors set in a square which triggers the cameras to start filming and lights up the area with ir light I,m afraid my gear is more lidle than Harrods hence the less than satisfactory footage sorry
  • Like 1

TC

TC

Thanks for the lesson, but even I knew that. Who said they are leopards? All we know is they are large cats of origin unknown.

TC

TC

TC

Thanks for the lesson, but even I knew that. Who said they are leopards? All we know is they are large cats of origin unknown.

TC

I said if it was a Leopard. All we know is that we don't know anything let's be honest here.

• Like 1

sadly mate the cats are nocturnal and trailcams loose quality during the dark when on infa red mode and only record in black and white, I think I said earlier about the man that makes the trail cams for animal planet and they cost five grand a pop plus the cost of a dslr camera, they work on four infa red sensors set in a square which triggers the cameras to start filming and lights up the area with ir light I,m afraid my gear is more lidle than Harrods hence the less than satisfactory footage sorry
No need for an apology Greyman I am grateful you found the time to reply to me! Yes I fully understand your explanation and wish you all the best in your future quests! Fascinating post thanks for sharing your experiences!