Male Pup Name Ideas

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't believe this has gone 4 pages on what to call a dog... you couldn't make it up

What

Haggis

Fagin: good choice. That's one on the short list for my next pup.

Re human names for dogs: my brother and I were chatting once about how some human names fit dogs and others don't and we tried to think of the least dog-like human names...as a result my last lurcher (Moss) ended up with the nickname Trevor and my kelpie pup (Rusty) ended up as Terry (because he was chocolate and orange!).

Re human names for dogs: my brother and I were chatting once about how some human names fit dogs and others don't and we tried to think of the least dog-like human names...as a result my last lurcher (Moss) ended up with the nickname Trevor and my kelpie pup (Rusty) ended up as Terry (because he was chocolate and orange!).

All my dogs got human names really , I've a reggie,Ronnie, duke , hector, Lexy and jess lol

Whatever you pick, test it out in different scenarios first. When I lived in Cumbria I knew somebody who had a first cross Border Collie x Samoyed called Woo...that was embarrassing every time he went missing, walking the fells shouting, "Woo!" Come to think of it, it was fairly embarrassing whispering it too.

saxon,,is always a good one for deerhound types...or viking

any of them old warriors from the olden days,,,old kings ect,,,,,,watch all them films bound to be a good name,,Achilles...Hector,,,,from troy,,,,or Leonidas,,from 300....you get the idea

I always fancied naming a dog Argos after Odysseus,s faithful hound that waited for his return ,but the shop sort of fkd that idea up,well in Tomo ,you obviously know who chased who around the walls of where .

All my dogs got human names really , I've a reggie,Ronnie, duke , hector, Lexy and jess lol

What normal human bein is called duke? ?

• Like 1