Bull X In 2016

What do you all think about bullx n this day and age.attachicon.gifIMG_0858.PNG

Rubbish,top heavey,no feet,and don't come with this "jaw power,who wants "edible game" smashed up if he can catch "solo".
I have seen plenty retrieve Iive back to hand and catch all manner of gear single handed but like any cross you can and do get them crunching game and bad feet but good bull blood does add good things to the lurcher Edited by blackmaggie
  • Like 3

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like a bit of bull in my lurchers ?

I love a decent bull bred lurcher.Its 90% of the backward picks that own them I can't be around.

I think every lurcher sould have a bit bull in them

Posted Images

IMG_1237_zpsouhyseic.jpg

I like a bit of bull in my lurchers

thats a smart looking dog but how much bull is in it.?

IMG_1237_zpsouhyseic.jpg

I like a bit of bull in my lurchers

looks nice,how much bull is in it.?

Cheers mate, Sire was a half cross dam saluki whippet greyhound

Seen some outstanding bull xs that I could only wish I owned, seen some that I wouldn't feed.

Seen the same in most xs.

I wouldn't say I'm a huge bull xs fan as in only bull and greyhound in a dog but I do like a good bull x over a good lamping bitch seems to throw handy pups for all game

• Like 2

Not my cup of tea, I've not kept lurchers for over a decade. I've seen good and bad in all types of working dogs, the same as the majority of lads that do enough to know the difference. I know there is some good decent lines lads do keep but it's like everything else. Most bull x's I've seen, some bred from the best, they are game but stupid and most can't despatch a fox single handed the way it should be done. Choking a fox to death by "necking" it will only get you so far until the dog gets the right one that won't let the dog have its way and then you see the sword fencer within. Or catching a fox by the backend or wherever and not having the sense to move gradually into a better position to dispatch it, but will try and kill it by the waist for 5 minutes while the fox is chewing the dogs nose off, ain't game. That's stupidity. Wheaten x is far more to the point and no messing about, even collie x's that can turn it over and throw a fox about is what does the damage more. The worlds went bull mad and the majority of them make it look like hard work, noisy b*****ds as well. There was a dog we used to call Helicopter, every fox he lifted, beaten out of cover, he threw it in the air and shook it like a helicopter above his head put it down, few tastes and lay down beside it. Fox was stone dead in a matter of seconds. Now everyone has a video player on there mobile phones. Absolute disgrace, some of the videos posted online and lads thinking they've got a good thing bull crosses taking 14mins to kill a fox! Enough to add fuel to the fire for anti's to use against us. Never mind anti's, I've kept and know terriers that would dispatch a fox quicker on top of ground than most of them bull x tubes. I'm as serious as a heart attack when I'm saying that. Comedy Central wouldn't have a look in. What was the question again ? ?

Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 3

I’m not saying they are a running dog, but even in their purest of form, I beg to differ about their agility. Kept and bred them over 35 years seen plenty of handy x breds take all game, some people speak a lot of dribble without any real experience.

I can't fault mine, she's been easy from day one. More than capable at doing good bags of rabbits regularly (just over 380 since September) but also happy to work well on every other quarry tried on upto now. I can't deny I've seen plenty of bull x's that wouldn't be kennelled by me. But I've also seen half a dozen from this line that I would happily pay good money for. Horses for courses at the end of the day, but I would struggle to agree that there is no place for bull in any modern day lurcher.

post-94033-0-41341700-1480238954_thumb.jpg

post-94033-0-69177800-1480238969_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

post-74664-0-48838600-1480245871_thumb.png

This is the first straight bull greyhound I've had I've had a bullgreyhound x whippet and a bullgreyhound Wheaton greyhound and this dog has far exceeded them both in speed agility and brains he's no world beater and he is abit full on I've had to pull him out of ditches with his quarry on top of him but he hasn't let go yet he has a long way to go and a injured leg isn't helping again smashing into ditches but I do like this dog and I have high hopes for his future

• Like 4

I think the bull x truly is the marmite dog!!! They have undoubted qualities and well bred ones can be handy animals but personally not for me unless it was watered down a bit. The dog at the top of post looks too heavy for me, more bull than anything else If you were breeding a litter like that I would be culling those ones and going for the greyhound like ones. Just my opinion.

I can't fault mine, she's been easy from day one. More than capable at doing good bags of rabbits regularly (just over 380 since September) but also happy to work well on every other quarry tried on upto now. I can't deny I've seen plenty of bull x's that wouldn't be kennelled by me. But I've also seen half a dozen from this line that I would happily pay good money for. Horses for courses at the end of the day, but I would struggle to agree that there is no place for bull in any modern day lurcher.

saw this bitch run and could turn on a sixpence,made rabbits look easy,

And they where all live when brought back

• Like 1

image.png

This is the first straight bull greyhound I've had I've had a bullgreyhound x whippet and a bullgreyhound Wheaton greyhound and this dog has far exceeded them both in speed agility and brains he's no world beater and he is abit full on I've had to pull him out of ditches with his quarry on top of him but he hasn't let go yet he has a long way to go and a injured leg isn't helping again smashing into ditches but I do like this dog and I have high hopes for his future

hes a nice dog how's he bred