Metal Detecting

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lizzie the first 1560's

Found this today.....     A half penny. Nothing special but one of my first coin finds so I'm chuffed to bits. Using my new garrett ace 250 can't wait to get back out with it.

Eric Lawes,old guy who died last year,the legend goes he was going into town to get some golf clubs as he was on the very of retiring and wanted a hobby to keep himself occupied,he saw a mate of his w

Posted Images

Haha. Im out today with my deus torchey, well, as usual, im going moling but itll be with me. Great machine, hated it at first, but now love it, wouldnt swing anything else inland.

What setting do you use , ive jumped straight in on the deus fast dont use no box just go on sound........i was using a hawkeye with 11 inch coil upgrade and when ive tested them against each other there doesnt seem to be that much difference tbh..

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got the Garett ACE 350 just started about 6 months ago, its VERY addicitve, only found a few buts and pieces nothing exciting yet but would it pay me to upgrade to a Deus? Are they really that good and can someone explain what the advantages would be?

Thanks in advance

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Seen a guy with a big magnet on a rope throwing it in the river near me. Said he found a sword once.

ive seen people do that on youtube he was pulling ww2 stuff out of a pond somewhere

• Like 2

Found this today had half an hour with the detector.....

IMG-20170501-WA0002_zpsacu168as.jpg

IMG-20170501-WA0003_zpsqgznzshg.jpg

Probably nothing exiting but thaught I'd share it's dated 1954 and one of my first few coin finds.

Threepenny bit I remember them well lol. When you unearth a coin whether gold, silver or anything predecimal or current! Still gives me one hell of a buzz! ATB
  • Like 2

Found this today had half an hour with the detector.....IMG-20170501-WA0002_zpsacu168as.jpgIMG-20170501-WA0003_zpsqgznzshg.jpg

Probably nothing exiting but thaught I'd share it's dated 1954 and one of my first few coin finds.

feck me that was my wages as a kid, I used to sweep the sawdust up in the coop butchers after school every evening, then run straight in the main coop and buy a massive family galaxy bar with that when I was payed oh happy days
  • Like 2

Threepenny bit I remember them well lol. When you unearth a coin whether gold, silver or anything predecimal or current! Still gives me one hell of a buzz! ATB
Its all new to me but it's exiting! Found a few coins but I couldent see what they where as they where a bit too far gone apart from a really good condition half penny. Tried to clean them off gently in the past but the markings come off. I took my dad he wasn't very enthusiastic but when he tried it he loved it! We where like 2 kids bug hunting lol.
  • Like 3

Its all new to me but it's exiting! Found a few coins but I couldent see what they where as they where a bit too far gone apart from a really good condition half penny. Tried to clean them off gently in the past but the markings come off. I took my dad he wasn't very enthusiastic but when he tried it he loved it! We where like 2 kids bug hunting lol.
It can certainly become addictive as well as exciting! Wait until you see that first piece of gold or silver in your hand after you remove it from a clod of earth!!!!!
  • Like 1