Metal Detecting

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lizzie the first 1560's

Found this today.....     A half penny. Nothing special but one of my first coin finds so I'm chuffed to bits. Using my new garrett ace 250 can't wait to get back out with it.

Eric Lawes,old guy who died last year,the legend goes he was going into town to get some golf clubs as he was on the very of retiring and wanted a hobby to keep himself occupied,he saw a mate of his w

Posted Images

I use a forum called detecting Scotland and they have big organised digs. Few guys do the research and get the permission then 40 or so members go along and pay maybe £7 or so for a days detecting.

I wanted to try that before annoying my farmers for permission in case I never stuck to it, but like I say, it`s addictive.

I`ll be hitting a long term permission next week.

is that toddys site Rake

thing is with detecting,,apart from the strange looks of people......lol.[my inferiority complex forces me to go out at night!!!..the thought of that find and feel of maybe the last person to have touched this,was maybe whatever years ago..poaching and detecting sorta go hand in hand..when permission is scarce of course........

If you could attach your coils to your feet you could say you were just testing out your new snow shoes..

Right that's me off to dragons den looking for 80 large for 10 %

Out again today and found an 1856 silver shilling. A "young Victoria" head coin. Bit worn but pretty nice.

This malarky is getting even more addictive.

Mate, ive been doing it for years. The major problem is that its too addictive. If im mole trapping i always have the detector in the van for when ive finished but too many times i start trapping then think sod it, Ill get my detector out for a bit and forget about the moles. Great for fun, not great for the bank account!!

• Like 1

Out again today and found an 1856 silver shilling. A "young Victoria" head coin. Bit worn but pretty nice.

This malarky is getting even more addictive.

Mate, ive been doing it for years. The major problem is that its too addictive. If im mole trapping i always have the detector in the van for when ive finished but too many times i start trapping then think sod it, Ill get my detector out for a bit and forget about the moles. Great for fun, not great for the bank account!!

Iv done exactly the same lol

• Like 1

Funny how things have changed , when i started in the 80s you where considerd an odd ball if you where seen out detecting and i rarely seen anyone else out detecting , no clubs around here and permissoin was easy to get

These days theres loads at it , clubs have the rights to large pieces of land sometimes at low tide its like the klondike gold rush

But ive enjoyed it over the years found some nice stuff ,and met some great people

• 4 weeks later...

I just find it easier with the pin pointer for those hard to find objects! If your on your knees you can only hold the detector on the shaft and although it is possible to locate whatever is in the hole it I personally find it heavy and the pinpointer makes light work of it. Each to their own whatever works for the individual lol

• Like 1