Football And Poppies.......

The only forces charity I give to is the British Legion , HFH only give 39% of whats collected to help service personnel.... far to many of these charitys springing up & there basically businesses & give bugger all to good causes I am finished with them :censored:

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Load of ol bollocks if you ask me why sport particularly football has got to constantly be the guiding light for all societies problems and protests is beyond me......no of course its not a political

If any players have any balls about them they would walk out wearing a poppy and give a big fcuk you to FIFA....

Apparently the Germans won 5 ..4 on pens

This the same fifa which let the Irish wear the uprising shirt !

Did FIFA actually sanction it though? My understanding is the shirts were worn for two friendly games where I'm not sure FIFA have the same jurisdiction.

FIFA have just started disciplinary proceeding over this ..........

So FIFA didn't sanction the FAI's decision to go with the Easter rising badge. So then at least they're being consistent in not allowing the poppies. This isn't about FIFA not allowing the poppy, it's about not allowing anything. If they make a concession to one then they'll be under huge pressure to concede to others..., and maybe some things less straightforward or controversial than the poppy. I don't blame them.
  • Like 3

Id like to know roughly when this obsessively respectful culture came into play because it certainly wasnt around in the 50,s 60,s 70,s 80,s 90,s.....infact its only the last few years ive seen footballers wearing poppies.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

Id like to know roughly when this obsessively respectful culture came into play because it certainly wasnt around in the 50,s 60,s 70,s 80,s 90,s.....infact its only the last few years ive seen footballers wearing poppies.

Your right Gnash , but I believe its wrong they didn't wear them in the eras you mention not that they wear them now . . I agree with your opinion on football celebrating / respecting virtually everything these days & minutes applause ect but I believe the Poppy and everything it stands for should be honoured by our national game !!
ect but I believe the Poppy and everything it stands for should be honoured by our national game !!

Now when its put like that i guess you are probably right......im all for maintaining our values and traditions as a nation so yes ive probably got the whole " football having to be an example to society " thing wrong on this occasion......the game has always been massively important to the country so why shouldnt the game hold the countries values strong i can get that good man :thumbs:

• Like 1

Christmas day 1914, British and German troops laid down their weapons and played football together? :)

Christmas day 1914, British and German troops laid down their weapons and played football together? :)

Apparently the Germans won 5 ..4 on pens

• Like 4

Every shop counter used to have a box of poppy's on it....you bought one you wore it was no big deal people including footballers them

Its shitty modern Britain with its over the top PCness and SJW that cause the Problems

Everyone's afraid to upset this bunch or that...now not many places even sell them

• Like 1

Every shop counter used to have a box of poppy's on it....you bought one you wore it was no big deal people including footballers them

Its shitty modern Britain with its over the top PCness and SJW that cause the Problems

Everyone's afraid to upset this bunch or that...now not many places even sell them

was in town yesterday and not one poppy seller. .. none in the shops in went into either... only the local coop got a collection box in the village as well

Yea co op has them here kay. As you said haven't seen any in big stores.

Well as i said in an earlier post we were very much taught about the origins and importance of poppies in primary school.

we bought them in class and we all wore one.

been wearing one in Nov ever since.

• Like 3

It's FIFA that have said they can't go on the shirts as it breaks their rules.., it's got nothing to do with 'shitty Britain', PCness or anything else. The FA's are probably going to go ahead and break the ruling anyway, which incidently I don't have a problem with, I just think we don't actually need poppies sewn onto shirts to start with. You talk about social justice warriors.., well what is this if it's not a storm in a tea cup whipped up by the poppy fascists?

I bought my poppy last week off a big stall in Tesco. I bought fireworks yesterday in ASDA and they also had a stall in the shop. No-one seemed afraid of anything, and no-one was getting upset.

The only forces charity I give to is the British Legion , HFH only give 39% of whats collected to help service personnel.... far to many of these charitys springing up & there basically businesses & give bugger all to good causes I am finished with them :censored:

There's a thing on BBC Scotland this coming Tuesday 19.00 on military charities;

The Great Military Charity Scandal - BBC Scotland Investigates, 2016
Military charities are big business. Every year millions of pounds are given in donations, but how much actually reaches those who need it? Reporter Sam Poling goes undercover to investigate whether some in the industry are simply cashing in on the public's goodwill. She catches on camera the sales tactics being used by supposed former veterans to line their own pockets and secretly films racist merchandise being sold by one military charity to raise funds. And she challenges the charities' regulatory system which allows all of this to happen.
Think you can get it South of the border on Sky Channel 951 or Freesat 960