Football And Poppies.......

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Load of ol bollocks if you ask me why sport particularly football has got to constantly be the guiding light for all societies problems and protests is beyond me......no of course its not a political

If any players have any balls about them they would walk out wearing a poppy and give a big fcuk you to FIFA....

Apparently the Germans won 5 ..4 on pens

Wouldn't worry about it.....its all part of the in thing of not wanting

To offend certain people

Which people???
People who get offended at the sight of a poppy or a British army uniform

They must exist as why would people be told not to wear them incase it offends

Its a matter of freedom of choice, one of the reasons you have that freedom of choice is the sacrifice all those who lost their lives made, so exercise that choice if you want to , and do not be dictated to by a bunch of corrupt money grabbing officials hiding behind a corrupt organisation, FIFA.

• Like 2

Wouldn't worry about it.....its all part of the in thing of not wanting

To offend certain people

Which people???
Germans !
We won two world wars.., we'll offend them if we like

Starting a war is the only way they can get any visitors !

People slated James McClean for not wearing a poppy . . Well I admired his stance , I just hope the English players have the same stance & recognise there fore-fathers for the sacrifices they made , which is what the poppy is all about , those from all sides who lost there lives , I think football is a great way to show respect .

As for FIFA we all know what there about !!

• Like 1

Mrs just showed me something on fools book about pound land sacking a young girl for wearing a poppy? Be f****d if I can put a link up lol.atb dc

its a regular occurrence in recent years some major retailer or company will try and stop its staff incase of offence

Last year Morrison's near me asked for the poppy seller not to stand at the main door

Mrs just showed me something on fools book about pound land sacking a young girl for wearing a poppy? Be f****d if I can put a link up lol.atb dc

its a regular occurrence in recent years some major retailer or company will try and stop its staff incase of offence

Last year Morrison's near me asked for the poppy seller not to stand at the main door

I bought mine at the weekend off a big stall actually inside Tesco..., and there was a bit of a queue. No-one's going to take the poppy away.

My biggest concern is that it's becoming hijacked by zealots and plastic patriots who seek to dictate to others what it is to be British.., or by a type of sickening, terrified to offend anyone liberalists that seem to be everywhere and with too much to say.

I think FIFA are right not to cave. If they did then maybe the Germans will ask for swastikas on their shirts to remember their dead next.., maybe African nations will want badges to commemorate their slave ancestors.., where does it all end.

I bought mine at the weekend off a big stall actually inside Tesco..., and there was a bit of a queue. No-one's going to take the poppy away.

My biggest concern is that it's becoming hijacked by zealots and plastic patriots who seek to dictate to others what it is to be British.., or by a type of sickening, terrified to offend anyone liberalists that seem to be everywhere and with too much to say.

I think FIFA are right not to cave. If they did then maybe the Germans will ask for swastikas on their shirts to remember their dead next.., maybe African nations will want badges to commemorate their slave ancestors.., where does it all end.

the poppy has been worn for years by those in the commonwealth......Fifa have backed down in the past over the poppy's so im sure they will again