Football And Poppies.......

If FIFA are really trying to rebuild their reputation, they're going the wrong way about it !

The oldest international fixture is being played on the very day that ended the war in which both countries lost so many men - wear the poppy and f*** 'em, I say !

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Load of ol bollocks if you ask me why sport particularly football has got to constantly be the guiding light for all societies problems and protests is beyond me......no of course its not a political

If any players have any balls about them they would walk out wearing a poppy and give a big fcuk you to FIFA....

Apparently the Germans won 5 ..4 on pens

Mrs just showed me something on fools book about pound land sacking a young girl for wearing a poppy? Be f****d if I can put a link up lol.atb dc

its a regular occurrence in recent years some major retailer or company will try and stop its staff incase of offence

Last year Morrison's near me asked for the poppy seller not to stand at the main door

I bought mine at the weekend off a big stall actually inside Tesco..., and there was a bit of a queue. No-one's going to take the poppy away.

My biggest concern is that it's becoming hijacked by zealots and plastic patriots who seek to dictate to others what it is to be British.., or by a type of sickening, terrified to offend anyone liberalists that seem to be everywhere and with too much to say.

I think FIFA are right not to cave. If they did then maybe the Germans will ask for swastikas on their shirts to remember their dead next.., maybe African nations will want badges to commemorate their slave ancestors.., where does it all end.

Seem to remember reading somewhere that a swastika is an old Buddhist symbol?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Mrs just showed me something on fools book about pound land sacking a young girl for wearing a poppy? Be f****d if I can put a link up lol.atb dc

its a regular occurrence in recent years some major retailer or company will try and stop its staff incase of offence

Last year Morrison's near me asked for the poppy seller not to stand at the main door

I bought mine at the weekend off a big stall actually inside Tesco..., and there was a bit of a queue. No-one's going to take the poppy away.

My biggest concern is that it's becoming hijacked by zealots and plastic patriots who seek to dictate to others what it is to be British.., or by a type of sickening, terrified to offend anyone liberalists that seem to be everywhere and with too much to say.

I think FIFA are right not to cave. If they did then maybe the Germans will ask for swastikas on their shirts to remember their dead next.., maybe African nations will want badges to commemorate their slave ancestors.., where does it all end.

Seem to remember reading somewhere that a swastika is an old Buddhist symbol?

Cheers, D.

yea it is mate. Indian symbol of good luck. The only difference its shown centrally. Where the nazi swastika is slightly @an angle. I have a solid silver one somewhere. From my daft days lol

• Like 1

This the same fifa which let the Irish wear the uprising shirt !

Personally I say wear the poppy and take whatever punishment comes, do same every year with a f**k off big poppy as the centre circle, or refuse to play on the weekend and organise a friendly fixture with one of the home nation teams or a commonwealth representative team.

Is it our current veterans who make the poppies?. I remember in primary school we were told it was blind and impaired veterans from the war who made them, but i imagine most will be dead now.

Our teacher used to bring a bag in and the tin. Were told it was a min of 3p to get a poppy as they cost 2 1/2p to make.

We were also told we would get the belt if caught stabbing each other with them lol

we still did it anyway

What scothunter said at the beginning ,,just wear them and f**k Fifa ....

However I also think gnasher is correct,,,do they really need a poppy on there shirts,,not really,,,

Befor the match there will be a 2 min silence,,,,most folk in the ground will be wearing a poppy,,and I bet the players them selfs turn up wearing the smart suits with a poppy pinned on....

The only reason I really want them to wear them on the strip ,,,is to put two fingers up to Fifa

Its nothing to do with disrespecting the significance of the poppy im just sick and tired of societies grievances getting dragged into sport the talking points leading up to sporting contests should be who,s going to win not whether one player is going to shake hands with the player whos bird he,s just f****d or whether one player is going to call another man a wog again sport shouldnt have to keep answering to society issues i dont remember players wearing poppies on their shirts when we was young where has this fad suddenly come from......what i find almost amusing about it is now that we live in an era where Britain is virtually giving the country away to anyone who wants it we make a huge deal about paying respect to the poor men who if truth be told would probably be turning in their grave if they knew what we was doing with the country they died for !

• Like 1

This the same fifa which let the Irish wear the uprising shirt !

Did FIFA actually sanction it though? My understanding is the shirts were worn for two friendly games where I'm not sure FIFA have the same jurisdiction.

FIFA have just started disciplinary proceeding over this ..........

I give to the poppy appeal ,I observe the silence ,I am grateful to the fallen and injured ,including family members but I will not be bullied into wearing a poppy by the poppy fascists ,they take all the meaning of armistice day away by forcing and shaming people into sporting a poppy ,at the match they can have collections ,say prayers ,observe the silence ,wear poppies on their tracksuits ,show the gratitude and respect a lot of ways ,I personally couldn't give a rats ass whether its on their shirts or not ,nobody has ever moaned about it before ,another case of the social media lynch mob ?

• Like 3

I give to the poppy appeal ,I observe the silence ,I am grateful to the fallen and injured ,including family members but I will not be bullied into wearing a poppy by the poppy fascists ,they take all the meaning of armistice day away by forcing and shaming people into sporting a poppy ,at the match they can have collections ,say prayers ,observe the silence ,wear poppies on their tracksuits ,show the gratitude and respect a lot of ways ,I personally couldn't give a rats ass whether its on their shirts or not ,nobody has ever moaned about it before ,another case of the social media lynch mob ?

No ones bullying them into wearing a poppy......they are being bullied into not wearing one

It happened in 2011 fifa sticking their noses in and just about every year theres some organisation or business try's to stop the staff wearing them