Football And Poppies.......

I'm surprised FIFA didn't sanction it because it would give an excuse to market commemorative shirts, but I agree with Gnasher on this one.

Who's offended by poppies?

Who knows who they are????

No one forcing anyone to wear them.....but people are being forced not to wear them

They may be readily available for sale in some parts of the country like where pesky lives but in other parts its not the same

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Load of ol bollocks if you ask me why sport particularly football has got to constantly be the guiding light for all societies problems and protests is beyond me......no of course its not a political

If any players have any balls about them they would walk out wearing a poppy and give a big fcuk you to FIFA....

Apparently the Germans won 5 ..4 on pens

I find it very hard to believe that people are offended by poppies.

I'd also like to know which people are being forced not to wear them.

Over recent years theres been loads of national companies try stop its staff wearing poppy's....normally once a stink is kicked up they back down and claim it was some misunderstanding of an internal email or some other shite

Top of my head poundland was one company also BBC banned its national correspondent's wearing them.....theres been numerous other cases

The only forces charity I give to is the British Legion , HFH only give 39% of whats collected to help service personnel.... far to many of these charitys springing up & there basically businesses & give bugger all to good causes I am finished with them :censored:

There's a thing on BBC Scotland this coming Tuesday 19.00 on military charities;

The Great Military Charity Scandal - BBC Scotland Investigates, 2016

Military charities are big business. Every year millions of pounds are given in donations, but how much actually reaches those who need it? Reporter Sam Poling goes undercover to investigate whether some in the industry are simply cashing in on the public's goodwill. She catches on camera the sales tactics being used by supposed former veterans to line their own pockets and secretly films racist merchandise being sold by one military charity to raise funds. And she challenges the charities' regulatory system which allows all of this to happen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b081zyhs

Think you can get it South of the border on Sky Channel 951 or Freesat 960

I will see if I can get it on my kodi box thanks for that

Seen plenty of Jocks in London the last few days i kept turning round every 5 minutes thinking birds were giving me wolf whistles but alas......big hairy blokes with skirts on !.......good on them though sticking to their tradition and following their side they,ll have good support tonight by the look of it.