Anyone In The U.s Using Terriers

I don't think anyone said we have better terriers than what you guys have there. That would be a foolish statement as all our terriers came from over there, and some good blood has made its way over here as well. I'm not one to talk or assume things I've never done nor seen, I base mine on facts and the fact is if you guys think coon are junk for your black dogs you are talking about things you obviously don't know about. A coon is a good animal every bit as good as our fox and better imo. I said our fox as I'm not going to say about yours as I've never been there to hunt.

I wasn't saying you thought your dogs were better I thought it was the other way around with people over here saying coon wasn't as good as fox

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would have thought by now at least 1 of the 4 serious terriermen from the USA , who posted on this thread would have called me by now!!!!!!!, offer still stands!!!!!!,I let my dogs to the talking !!

I've had the pleasure of a good few weeks out there hunting coon in barns and stick piles. I'm not getting involved in the pissing competition about terriers, the only thing I will say is there is no

Starts January 1st ends December 31st

Posted Images

General Lee sounds like a man with good thoughts and ideas, i can provide my address 2 any terrierman that can ship me a couple Terriers under 15 pounds and spanable, that way I won't have to breed these two curs together to replenish some of my stock

I'm not saying your dogs are no good but people over here seem to think coon is not as hard for a terrier as our fox and your dogs can't be as good as ours if some were shipped over then we would all know for sure I personally haven't got a clue I've never hunted raccoons

General Lee sounds like a man with good thoughts and ideas, i can provide my address 2 any terrierman that can ship me a couple Terriers under 15 pounds and spanable, that way I won't have to breed these two curs together to replenish some of my stock

I'm not saying your dogs are no good but people over here seem to think coon is not as hard for a terrier as our fox and your dogs can't be as good as ours if some were shipped over then we would all know for sure I personally haven't got a clue I've never hunted raccoons

I know coons use there teeth and claws to damage dogs, there is red fox in the states that people hunt as the native grey fox uses trees more than dens

We do have plenty of fox here but the problem is they move out of areas once the coyotes come in and run them out so they are a bit harder to find because of things like that. We have coons and groundhog the way yous have fox there, so coon and chucks are a more common find than foxes are.

• Like 1

I might be wrong but don't they have raccoons in parts of Europe that have escaped from zoos or pet homes? If so maybe the European hunters could give a more educated option on which is the harder quarry.

I think germany has a raccoon problem in certain areas,sure i read that before?

Wasnt there a guy from the north-east who used to be on here,moved over to ontario to work with a hunt,used terriers on wierd and wonderful beasts?

• Like 1

General lee my post wasn't directed at you it was for foxdropper. My point was people do a lot of talking about things they haven't experienced , so how do they come up with these assumptions about things?

You assume too much mate ,you don't know me from Adam .Like you I'm not known for hearsay and base my opinions on fact .Your coon is no meaner than a feral house cat mate and places here have them aplenty .Your patriotism is admirable but your facts are misplaced .

So foxdropper you are telling me you personally worked coon with your dogs? To say a coon is no better than a feral cat is way off base. So you say you're opinion is based off fact is what you are saying? Well go on and educate me , I'd love to hear your experience with coons and your dogs.

I don't think anyone said we have better terriers than what you guys have there. That would be a foolish statement as all our terriers came from over there, and some good blood has made its way over here as well. I'm not one to talk or assume things I've never done nor seen, I base mine on facts and the fact is if you guys think coon are junk for your black dogs you are talking about things you obviously don't know about. A coon is a good animal every bit as good as our fox and better imo. I said our fox as I'm not going to say about yours as I've never been there to hunt.

Why shouldn't you's have better terriers than what's in Britain ?

I'm not saying you's do but why shouldn't you's strive to improve the strains ?

We here in Ireland made them better and we started to get the black families of terriers about the same time you Americans did.

IMO it's not about the blood yous have or the quarry nor is it it about the freedom you's have to hunt (but in reality you don't have the freedom ye'd have us believe.) but it's the fact ye haven't got a terrier tradition going back generations. You's do tend to have that opinion that terrierwork is a fighting sport (just look back through this thread with all the cock measuring and photos) but it's a type of hunting or vermin control in reality.

I'm 16 or 17 years on line and made many American friends on line and IMO those who had the right attitude were those who listened and learned about terrierwork from this side of the world and some of them over the years came over and seen with their own eyes what they intended to bring back with them.

Tim Jent, Henry Johnson Jnr and Greg O Donnell all wrote for Earth Dog / Running Dog over the years and their articles were all about digging to their dogs. Mind you, Henry used to write about his Bear hunts using his Airedale terriers which were good. Henry got terriers from Ireland to dig to.

Unfortunately, you's seem to believe the bullshitters from over this side so you's need to do more home work and sort out the curs from the good ones and this can only be done by learning what the true working terriers is really all about, and that's not a fighting dog.

By the way, LOL, is TTI terriers (Tough Terriers International) ran by Tony Riviotta still in business ?

You only had to look at him to symbolize ALL that was wrong in the American terrier game.

• Like 7