Anyone In The U.s Using Terriers

Pinave good way of putting it. You are right about your location depends on what game you are digging mainly. It doesn't really matter what you are digging , I think the main thing is to be giving the dogs work. I'm not trying to get into no debate with anyone it just blows my mind when people assume you only get coon in barns and or say a coon is easy game that's the farthest thing from the truth. In the north you get plenty of coon in barns and in the ground as well. We've dug to plenty of coon during the winter time and also get plenty out of barns in the winter months too.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would have thought by now at least 1 of the 4 serious terriermen from the USA , who posted on this thread would have called me by now!!!!!!!, offer still stands!!!!!!,I let my dogs to the talking !!

I've had the pleasure of a good few weeks out there hunting coon in barns and stick piles. I'm not getting involved in the pissing competition about terriers, the only thing I will say is there is no

Starts January 1st ends December 31st

Posted Images

Im from the north. Im right on the wis border. And yes there are coons in the ground and i havent seen alot dug to.a coon is tough not saying there not.what makes a coon give a battle is because they use there front and back legs. There not much for wind and there bite isnt all that. Jmo..a ground hog on the other hand will back fill on your dog fast and when pushed will lay gashes in your dog not holes like a coon. And if you dont have a good dog to push threw the back fill he will never get it. It takes a differnt dog.my young dog just over a year just killed a coon that weighed around 28lbs. Didnt take him long at all. And hes a baby. Now if i were to put him to ground on a hog at his age hed be f****d up.there both good hunting but id rather go for the ground hog. I feel its a better test for the dog and i enjoy it. Unless your dog goes in and finds something like a possum. Sucks to have to dig to a possum.

Kyboy44 & rippem , my terriers do the hunting n I do the digging, if either one of u guys serious about gone out digg'n!!!!! I'm n s/c Pennsylvania & my partner is n n/w Ohio , pm me if your serious

Edited by richlee

Kyboy44 & rippem , my terriers do the hunting n I do the digging, if either one of u guys serious about gone out digg'n!!!!! I'm n s/c Pennsylvania & my partner is n n/w Ohio , if anyone is serious pm me .richlee

Edited by richlee
  • Like 1

I would have thought by now at least 1 of the 4 serious terriermen from the USA , who posted on this thread would have called me by now!!!!!!!, offer still stands!!!!!!,I let my dogs to the talking !!!!!!,at this time I would like to thank the breeders who breed dogs who stay till dug to !!!!!!!

Edited by richlee
  • Like 9

Hey Richlee , I didn't realize you were directing your post at me as far as going out for a day of hunting I have no problem hunting my dogs with anyone. I'll go ahead and extend the offer to you as well , so there you go anytime you want to hunt some of these coons you let me know. It seems you groundhog diggers are always trying to prove they are harder than coon lol... I'm very confident in my dogs so you are barking up the wrong tree. We will be out the whole winter getting coon just in case you have a tight schedule going for yourself. As I stated in my previous post in my opinion the coons are much better than groundhogs, not sure why that would ruffle your feathers. Pm me for details as I'm not posting my info nor my dogs on a public forum. Thanks

• Like 1

Shoebootie,I'm sorry a post about only wanting to deal with serious terriermen in the USA offends u, the post was ment to keep Internet hunters , thin skin , kennel blind guys who are not teachable at bay!!!!, when me or my dogs are not busted up ,we digg'n , brushpile,riverbank'n,barn hunt'n, so what ever u can teach me to help ME bring my DOG HOME , I'm all ears. Richlee

Edited by richlee

Rabbit hunter, most of my digs are about 1 foot of top soil then slate rock , i free cast my dogs ,they must b able to find there own game,brother it's like fish'n you don't no what's on the menu. groundhog , coon,redngray fox , possum , skunk , feral cats , n of course the game dogs worse nite mare porcupine. richlee

I'm by no means offended. I simply responded to your post about you are surprised that 1/4 serious terrier men didn't respond to you so seems you came across wrong. Anyhow rich I do work my dogs and I'm no internet hunter and also know you work yours as well. I only posted stating I felt coons were a good animal to hunt , I know hogs are a good animal to hunt also. As I stated earlier who cares as long as the dogs are hunting.

Man o kent, it depends on who is selling it. They can go from 500 to 1000$ to much money. And like i said most dont even hunt. If there lucky they might have done 1 barn hunt just for pics to say there dogs hunt. Lol. We probably have more older woman that hunt and they hunt with jacks then men. I wish i knew folks over here with serious hunting dogs that dont mind putting in the work. Its hard to find good solid workers over here. I had 4 at one time and let them get old never gave it a thought about breeding them.i thought good pats were every were. Not many had them then. Now folks are breeding them to there pits and made them to big to go to ground. Alot of ghetto guys with pits started that to get what they call a pocket pit. To big to go to ground and to small for the pit.a waste of dog. And now im starting over wich really sucks! If the dog dont work out im out a dog and time and money..Americans f**k up alot of breeds wich is sad. If it isnt broke leave it alone. And if you wanna bred and you find the right breeder with the dogs you like you stick with him.

If you are paying that sort of dollar for U.S. based pups why not put that dollar into a couple of imports from the UK.Many a dubious UK kennel as earnt an unscrupulous crust from stiffing their Yank cousins,so id do a bit of research and source something a tad more honest.Ill nearly guarantee any genuine terrier lad over here would be insulted to take your brass and would be honoured to get a decent terrier over the pond for you.

• Like 1