Anyone In The U.s Using Terriers

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would have thought by now at least 1 of the 4 serious terriermen from the USA , who posted on this thread would have called me by now!!!!!!!, offer still stands!!!!!!,I let my dogs to the talking !!

I've had the pleasure of a good few weeks out there hunting coon in barns and stick piles. I'm not getting involved in the pissing competition about terriers, the only thing I will say is there is no

Starts January 1st ends December 31st

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Dead game kennels i belive doesnt hunt anymore. Hasnt in some time. And onlyworkmattters, your right but then again your wrong. There are some yanks here that have been with the terriers probably just as long as you if not maybe longer. But,90% of them dont hunt they say they do but dont. Like i said before on here its hard to find a good solid working line over here. Dead game i was talking to him before and he said he had a dog for sale when i asked for a pic of the young dog i swear it had dachshund mixed in. It was super long and short. Ugliest dog ive seen. Def not a pat. Then you have mason pats whos supposed to have good pats, back in the day he might of and now he has like a 5 year waiting list. And he doesnt hunt. Then theres mqh another supposedly good kennel. They dont hunt they show there dogs and they look like smalll pits. The heads couldnt get into a ground hog hole. Then you have folks here who claim to hunt boar and coyote with theres. And theres no way in hell they could do that. Coyote rin in packs and will pick that little dog up and run off with it. And for a small dog to hunt boar, well good f***ing luck, you need a dog with anchor size. Like a pit ,bulldog, bulldog crosses..even when you look at some of the kennels that claim they hunt theres not a mark on there dogs. My young dog just got his first coon and he was big one, and he has marks from it. If one says they hunt and there dogs have no scars i dont believe them. 90% of americans dont hunt the ground. There either bird hunting or deer hunting..and i think thats why it will never be a problem like over by you guys..

• Like 1

Dead game kennels i belive doesnt hunt anymore. Hasnt in some time. And onlyworkmattters, your right but then again your wrong. There are some yanks here that have been with the terriers probably just as long as you if not maybe longer. But,90% of them dont hunt they say they do but dont. Like i said before on here its hard to find a good solid working line over here. Dead game i was talking to him before and he said he had a dog for sale when i asked for a pic of the young dog i swear it had dachshund mixed in. It was super long and short. Ugliest dog ive seen. Def not a pat. Then you have mason pats whos supposed to have good pats, back in the day he might of and now he has like a 5 year waiting list. And he doesnt hunt. Then theres mqh another supposedly good kennel. They dont hunt they show there dogs and they look like smalll pits. The heads couldnt get into a ground hog hole. Then you have folks here who claim to hunt boar and coyote with theres. And theres no way in hell they could do that. Coyote rin in packs and will pick that little dog up and run off with it. And for a small dog to hunt boar, well good f***ing luck, you need a dog with anchor size. Like a pit ,bulldog, bulldog crosses..even when you look at some of the kennels that claim they hunt theres not a mark on there dogs. My young dog just got his first coon and he was big one, and he has marks from it. If one says they hunt and there dogs have no scars i dont believe them. 90% of americans dont hunt the ground. There either bird hunting or deer hunting..and i think thats why it will never be a problem like over by you guys..

Mosby of here has some good blood about him of tried and tested parents over this end.

• Like 1

Man o kent, it depends on who is selling it. They can go from 500 to 1000$ to much money. And like i said most dont even hunt. If there lucky they might have done 1 barn hunt just for pics to say there dogs hunt. Lol. We probably have more older woman that hunt and they hunt with jacks then men. I wish i knew folks over here with serious hunting dogs that dont mind putting in the work. Its hard to find good solid workers over here. I had 4 at one time and let them get old never gave it a thought about breeding them.i thought good pats were every were. Not many had them then. Now folks are breeding them to there pits and made them to big to go to ground. Alot of ghetto guys with pits started that to get what they call a pocket pit. To big to go to ground and to small for the pit.a waste of dog. And now im starting over wich really sucks! If the dog dont work out im out a dog and time and money..Americans f**k up alot of breeds wich is sad. If it isnt broke leave it alone. And if you wanna bred and you find the right breeder with the dogs you like you stick with him.

• Like 1

We have some good guys giving the dogs real work here in the states, we also have some more that do nothing with them. I personally know a few good terrier men here that don't run around trying to be in the spotlight of things. I think in the last couple years some strong blood has been sent over and are going well. We all hunt different game here depending on where you are from. I'm from an area that has lots of coon , groundhog , I personally prefer hunting coon with mine. As far as groundhog dogs they require them to be very small which is not enough dog for coons.

I never hear of any good Russell's here and that's a sad day for our country to say we have more women digging than men. What type of work are they doing with the Russell's? I'm just curious to hear. I seen a couple decent Russell's work around 2010 that came from a old farmer but had no idea of how they were bred.