• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not for me mate,,just a story to keep folk in line by rulers in older days...   My old gran who was a church goer,,,,,she would say the bible got it wrong,,,and God and the devil were just spelling

I've never believed in a God . My parents didn't either . I think that present day science rtf can prove that most of the bible didn't happen or would have been impossible. Moses parting the sea etc

Cain married his sister and thus God created......Norfolk !

Posted Images

Taking it back to a level I can nearly understand !!.........same as lots of people can't get their head round God (for want of a better title) I find it hard to accept that such good design happens purely by accident.

When you look at living things and see how they function I just can't accept chance did it......like those sycamore seeds that have little helicopter leaves to steady them to the ground, or a seed the size of a pin head that's got all the information in it to grow a bloody great oak tree, elbows and knees.......I mean it's a brilliant bit of design.

How the human body can heal itself from the most terrible injuries or illness......there's no logic to it, rightfully it should just die if we are talking cold and scientific.

I can't believe that's an accident and if you just give it enough time it will just happen that million of little cells know to do certain things at certain times in order to keep something that should be dead alive.

But hey, that's just me.

• Like 1

Did you miss this one pal? I'm genuinely interested in hearing your thoughts if you wouldn't mind :thumbs:

What I don't get is if dinosaurs and humans coexisted at some point why is there literally no record or evidence of it? No cave paintings, no written descriptions, no dinosaur bones found in human settlements, no evidence of them being hunted.

Oh but there is, you must haven't looked pal

Well share some of the evidence then, educate me pal :thumbs:

• Like 1

It's so obvious now why you believe that bollocks you do. You're a retard love! The big bang doesn't destroy or create, it contains and releases. :laugh: :laugh: FLMAO

Typical arrogant reply, can't explain so start throwing insults, that how you know you've lost mush, good day to you
If you had the capability the understand what I wrote you wouldn't ask, as the answer is there.

Just to throw a spanner in the works here but I thought the big crunch theory was out the window nowadays with scientists going for the big freeze theory... Space will continue to expand until the atoms themselves are pulled apart and decay leaving zero. :hmm:

Just been reading into this recently not sure I like it :laugh: From what I understand it goes against the Thermodynamics lawswhich kind of puts a spanner in a lot of working equations that well.... work :laugh: Granted we don't know all the laws of physics (Quantum, string etc etc) to think that all energy will become zero I can't spin my head around it yet.
My understanding is the universe will become so Huge with so much space between stuff it will stop star formation then temperatures will become absolute zero everywhere so cold that it stops quantum mechanisms atoms will no longer vibrate and just decay away ....somthing like that .

Ah now you put it like that it makes perfect sense.... :blink::D

Entropy is not the same as everything becoming nothing. It's more like the maximum that can be achieved at 0Kelvin (the coldest temp poss that we know of) which is the lowest entropy possible in any state. However that does not take in mass, gravity and possibly other forces that may or may not exist into account.

I'm way open minded when it comes to physics.. For example the theory of everything when discovered could come with the knowledge of a whole new branch of physics.

The collapse idea is still up there in the running

HELP!! Mods do something ffs!!

The forums over run with boffins and Steven Hawkins types.... Where's all the knuckle draggers gone!!

Lol

hes basically saying that anything is possible as we don't know everything, and with new discoveries comes new branches of science, like a tree, were at the bottom climbing up but won't know what's up there till we get to the top, but on our way to the top there's lots of other branches that go out sideways, diagonal , and up, every branch leads somewhere on the tree. Gods tree that is

That's the dream mate, wish I knew

I'll bet my bollocks it wasn't a deity though.

You do mean the expanse we call space right? :laugh:

He said in a high pitched tone whilst losing another bet. LOL
I've said it before if I'm wrong I'll still tell the cnut to fuuck off :laugh:

Could all be just some big experiment. Do the cultures grown in Petri dishes know that is what and where they are, or do they go about believing it's their world? Some of the very early ones tell a tale of this giant being who would look down from above all controlling like...or,maybe we're the product of our own imagination...it's all a dream maaaaan, a f***ing bad one at that!

Yokel

Taking it back to a level I can nearly understand !!.........same as lots of people can't get their head round God (for want of a better title) I find it hard to accept that such good design happens purely by accident.

When you look at living things and see how they function I just can't accept chance did it......like those sycamore seeds that have little helicopter leaves to steady them to the ground, or a seed the size of a pin head that's got all the information in it to grow a bloody great oak tree, elbows and knees.......I mean it's a brilliant bit of design.

How the human body can heal itself from the most terrible injuries or illness......there's no logic to it, rightfully it should just die if we are talking cold and scientific.

I can't believe that's an accident and if you just give it enough time it will just happen that million of little cells know to do certain things at certain times in order to keep something that should be dead alive.

But hey, that's just me.

thats What blows my mind we think of ourselves as a singular living animal but the truth is we are combination of billions of smaller critters all working together all with there own job to do but all combined together make a human or any other life form . ...truly amazing :thumbs: Edited by kanny
  • Like 1

Here's one to make your brain itch

At some point half of you was an egg in your Mothers womb. That egg existed in her body from the day she was born. And a long, long time ago, she too was an egg in her Mothers womb, who had that egg ready for use from the moment she squirmed out of your Great Grandmas nethers. The point being, technically speaking, theres no break in the chain of existence, no time when you are not a life form of at least the most rudimentary sort. Your family, at least on your Mothers side, could theoretically be considered an immortal, constantly-regenerating organism. Of course that would make men, whose sperm has to be created years after the moment of birth, just disposable donors here to fuel the everlasting fire of womanhood. You go girls!

• Like 6

Here's one to make your brain itch

At some point half of you was an egg in your Mothers womb. That egg existed in her body from the day she was born. And a long, long time ago, she too was an egg in her Mothers womb, who had that egg ready for use from the moment she squirmed out of your Great Grandmas nethers. The point being, technically speaking, theres no break in the chain of existence, no time when you are not a life form of at least the most rudimentary sort. Your family, at least on your Mothers side, could theoretically be considered an immortal, constantly-regenerating organism. Of course that would make men, whose sperm has to be created years after the moment of birth, just disposable donors here to fuel the everlasting fire of womanhood. You go girls!

Fuuckin brilliant ???

• Like 1

And Just when you thought you were getting your head around the size of the universe :D:

The Crazy Part: The part where the Universe isn't just bigger than you can possibly comprehend, but according to recent evidence, billions of times larger than that.What It Says: That the universe is big. So big, that just that fact, just its mere bigness, is enough to blow your tiny ant mind. And it just keeps getting bigger. Lets examine the famous Hubble Ultra Deep Field image, the most massive photo ever taken:

hudf_zpslczso4bm.jpg

Right now, on your computer screen, are approximately 10,000 galaxies.

Each of those galaxies contains anywhere from ten million to one trillion stars.

The average star is roughly a million times the size of Earth.

And yet, with all that junk, the Universe is more than 90 percent empty space.

All of that, in this tiny photo. A photo that took 400 orbits and 800 exposures to take.

And the kicker? The photo covers one thirteen-millionth of the entire night sky.

So What Does This Do For Me? If youre like us, it leaves you alternately awash with spiritual wonder and horrified feelings of utter insignificance. Actually imagining just how infinitesimal you are in the scope of the universe is like autoerotic asphyxiation: its not as pleasant as youd think, and if you do it wrong you can end up a vegetable. And without getting too Douglas Adams on you, can you possibly imagine that much space and that many planets and stars and atoms smashing together without intelligent life forming? Now its just a matter of getting around that pesky general relativity and well be chilling with aliens in no time. Or, like, a million years.

Wait, It Gets Worse: So all that shit we just said about how big the universe is (at least 90 billion light years)? Forget it. Thats small beans. The Cosmological Horizon is here to make your day a whole lot more complicated. Since we can only observe stellar bodies that have had some effect on us (usually bombarding us with light), there is an outer limit to what we can see of the universe. Hence, the observable universe. What about the rest? The parts of the universe beyond our Starcraft-style fog of war? Well, according to some math we have no interest in going into, the size of the actual universe is so large that if the universe we just described (the impossibly, mind-bogglingly large one) were the size of a quarter, the actual universe would be the size of the Earth. Daaaaaaaamn.

I love this shit lol

• Like 3

Amazing stuff Kanny, and I have to say none of that conflicts with my beleife........I think faith, religion (not organised clubs), the bible is mans feeble attempt to give something more awesome a shape and a form and a name.......but the fact is, it's too awesome to do correctly.

Moving back a bit, and taking my example of the sycamore seed, now there are thousands of different trees......so why do different trees do different things?.......and oak don't dump it's seed the same as the sycamore or the pine.

Now a scientist will invent something, but he won't stop there......he will continue to tinker and improve until he moves on to his next thing.......otherwise we would all still use pointy sticks instead of a .243........

Now, are we really so arrogant as to think that we are the only creature ever in the history if everything to do this?.......why do we do it and where does it come from?

The simple logical "scientific" thing would be that once something does the job, leave it and move on........but we don't .

As the book says, made in the image of god.......he/she/it didn't stop at the oak or the pine.......I like to think about this type of stuff anyway ! Lol

Edited by WILF

Brilliant stuff kanny, this is the sort of thing makes me love life in all its minute insignificance and infinite grandeur. What a crazy thing life is where a tiny thing can ruin your day but the sky above us all goes forever and most people barely think about it.

• Like 3

Amazing stuff Kanny, and I have to say none of that conflicts with my beleife........I think faith, religion (not organised clubs), the bible is mans feeble attempt to give something more awesome a shape and a form and a name.......but the fact is, it's too awesome to do correctly.

Moving back a bit, and taking my example of the sycamore seed, now there are thousands of different trees......so why do different trees do different things?.......and oak don't dump it's seed the same as the sycamore or the pine.

Now a scientist will invent something, but he won't stop there......he will continue to tinker and improve until he moves on to his next thing.......otherwise we would all still use pointy sticks instead of a .243........

Now, are we really so arrogant as to think that we are the only creature ever in the history if everything to do this?.......why do we do it and where does it come from?

The simple logical "scientific" thing would be that once something does the job, leave it and move on........but we don't .

As the book says, made in the image of god.......he/she/it didn't stop at the oak or the pine.......I like to think about this type of stuff anyway ! Lol

I've said many time on here I believe in somthing but what it is I'm still not sure but I can tell you what it deffintly isn't and that's the mainstream God if I had to pigeonhole my beliefs its would be somewhere along the line of pantheists and panentheists but even aspects of these don't sit to well with me. I prefer a creator/architect rather than a God I just can't accept we are all being judged blah blah blah ...I like to think we are all part of the same thing and everything is connected just like all those critters that make up living things a few posts up ^ and that intelligent life is the product of universe working its self out .there just seems to be to much intelligent design around for it all to be coincidental I grant you that. :thumbs: Edited by kanny
  • Like 1