Of Dogs And Deer

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who gives a f**k, there's coppers, antis, tree huggers, whale savers etc all over the Internet.... But as long as you speak in the secret hunting code everything thing will be just fine....   Right

Haha wouldn't be THL without the annual "is artic a copper?" thread.   He was in a boy band though. LOL.

Policeman, postman, plasterer or any profession starting with P lol if you have the passion for what we do and post interesting topics on the forum, that is good enough for me!

Posted Images

Dogs and Deer is IMO Darcy's best book, out of the ones I've read. I'd like to read "Now That's what I Call Lurcher Work" 1, 2, and 3 but can't spare the money to buy them ATM. Thought "Scooby" was good and "Running Dog Addiction" too but found the "Passion for Coursing" ones a bit boring to be honest. I guess that just reflects on me rather than the books.

Wouldn't mind a look at the big "Coursing" coffee table book though!!!

This old book MF? had it about 25 years seen them go for up to £150 on ebay.

9780950214894-uk_zpsvsfdxinc.jpg

No, not that one though I enjoyed it when I read it years ago. The one I meant was Darcy's one here http://www.ebay.ie/itm/The-hare-and-the-swift-hound-Jonathan-darcy-working-lurcher-book-/282129386762?hash=item41b038cd0a:g:AwYAAOSw-itXqi-3 "The Hare and the Swift Hound".

I'd like a copy of Dutch Salmons one too.I think it has a similar title to the one in your picture.

Here we are http://www.high-lonesomebooks.com/pages/books/15589/dutch-salmon/gazehounds-coursing

Edited by Maximus Ferret

Dogs and Deer is IMO Darcy's best book, out of the ones I've read. I'd like to read "Now That's what I Call Lurcher Work" 1, 2, and 3 but can't spare the money to buy them ATM. Thought "Scooby" was good and "Running Dog Addiction" too but found the "Passion for Coursing" ones a bit boring to be honest. I guess that just reflects on me rather than the books.

No, not that one though I enjoyed it when I read it years ago. The one I meant was Darcy's one here http://www.ebay.ie/itm/The-hare-and-the-swift-hound-Jonathan-darcy-working-lurcher-book-/282129386762?hash=item41b038cd0a:g:AwYAAOSw-itXqi-3 "The Hare and the Swift Hound".

I'd like a copy of Dutch Salmons one too.I think it has a similar title to the one in your picture.

Here we are http://www.high-lonesomebooks.com/pages/books/15589/dutch-salmon/gazehounds-coursing

enjoyed the dutch salmon book a good read.

• Like 3

Wonder if Whin likes it.

• Like 2

Wonder if Whin likes it.

You bet he does :laugh:

Remember they being a copy of that in Rotherham public library when it first come out carnt remember the chaps name who wrote the chapter on lurchers in the book.

Remember they being a copy of that in Rotherham public library when it first come out carnt remember the chaps name who wrote the chapter on lurchers in the book.

I read it in a public library too :thumbs: . Can't remember where though. It was a long time ago now.

John Pattinson :thumbs:

• Like 3

John Pattinson :thumbs:

That's him mate.

• Like 1

Ive just read this after reading some good reviews, cracking book for short stories of how ut was late 18th century

IT is a good book,,there's a documentary on DVDs about his life,,,done by a woman who lived in one of his houses,,,

Just to be pedantic ,,,it's the late 19 th century mate,,,

Is Of Dogs and Deer still in print? Wouldn't mind picking it up but don't want to pay silly money for it

There's the odd copy on eBay from time to time. It's not listed on his website any more.

I just read this and remembered,i have 50 copies of the book in storage in a unit,i had totally forgotten about them.