Of Dogs And Deer

This is the first time I've had a chance to read this since I purchased it back in 2011.

Although I disagree with some of what Jonathan Darcy has written, this was a pleasure to read with some great photos.

post-16220-0-69459500-1472376408_thumb.jpeg

Edited by artic
  • Like 2

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who gives a f**k, there's coppers, antis, tree huggers, whale savers etc all over the Internet.... But as long as you speak in the secret hunting code everything thing will be just fine....   Right

Haha wouldn't be THL without the annual "is artic a copper?" thread.   He was in a boy band though. LOL.

Policeman, postman, plasterer or any profession starting with P lol if you have the passion for what we do and post interesting topics on the forum, that is good enough for me!

Posted Images

I've read it twice. Really enjoyed this. One of my favourite reads and if I could only keep 2 books this would be one of them. The other would be Penny Taylor's running dog maintenance. Not a read as such but very useful and informative.

• Like 1

Got the limited edition of this unread any idea what it's worth

There's one on eBay for £80. Not sure if it's signed or not.

Got one here boxed and signed. Can't remember what I paid but wouldn't ever sell it. My daughter can have it in years to come if she wants it...

BB606419-7437-440E-831A-361122DFAF8A_zps

• Like 2

Dogs and Deer is IMO Darcy's best book, out of the ones I've read. I'd like to read "Now That's what I Call Lurcher Work" 1, 2, and 3 but can't spare the money to buy them ATM. Thought "Scooby" was good and "Running Dog Addiction" too but found the "Passion for Coursing" ones a bit boring to be honest. I guess that just reflects on me rather than the books.

Wouldn't mind a look at the big "Coursing" coffee table book though!!!

Dogs and Deer is IMO Darcy's best book, out of the ones I've read. I'd like to read "Now That's what I Call Lurcher Work" 1, 2, and 3 but can't spare the money to buy them ATM. Thought "Scooby" was good and "Running Dog Addiction" too but found the "Passion for Coursing" ones a bit boring to be honest. I guess that just reflects on me rather than the books.

Wouldn't mind a look at the big "Coursing" coffee table book though!!!

This old book MF? had it about 25 years seen them go for up to £150 on ebay.

9780950214894-uk_zpsvsfdxinc.jpg

• Like 1