Farmers Shooting Dogs.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a sad reflection on the majority of lurcher owners that they do not have a clue on basic countryside knowledge and the laws of the land.Any dog out of control amidst stock should be shot and the o

Bastarts even photo bomd my pictures lol

Spot on that.   We had one last year come screaming over in his pickup, got out balling and shouting and sticking his chest out. It was just scare tactics. Once he saw I was calm and trying to be r

Posted Images

All this farmers and gamekeepers pointing Guns at you is bollox ... do you think the man is going to murder you and go inside for a very long time just for catching a bit of game ... I don't think so .....

are you saying you dont belive those of us that say this happened to,,,cos i can asure you this happened to me,,

or are you saying ,,,there never going to really shoot you??? i would agree with that in the vast majority of cases,,although theres at least one yorkshire pudding on hear that has genuinly been shot

:hmm: I think that, all things being equal,..there is scant likelyhood of many lurchermen getting themselves whacked,...dogs sometimes cop it, yes,...but not usually their owners.

However,..I know for a fact, that some folk have had bullets fired over their heads,...hardly a war zone,.but scary nonetheless. :yes:

Been threatened and battered countless times,...,.What I do believe, is that when you put someone in a corner,...they can become dangerous, and do some crazy shit...

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 7

All this farmers and gamekeepers pointing Guns at you is bollox ... do you think the man is going to murder you and go inside for a very long time just for catching a bit of game ... I don't think so .....

are you saying you dont belive those of us that say this happened to,,,cos i can asure you this happened to me,,

or are you saying ,,,there never going to really shoot you??? i would agree with that in the vast majority of cases,,although theres at least one yorkshire pudding on hear that has genuinly been shot

I'm saying that no farmer or gamekeeper is going to shoot you in cold blood in the middle of a field so a waving a gun at you is pointless .... I would be more worried if he had a pic axe handle in his hand ......

• Like 1

Socks get a grip there's nut jobs in all walks a life and it only takes a moment in truth at least forty five percent licence holders fa guns in truth are not mentally stable enough ta have them such his life but true atb bunnys.

I don't think I need " to get a grip " tell me when was the last time you heard of a farmer or gamekeeper killing a poacher seeing as 45% of gun holders are mentally not stable lol ......

There's a difference between cold blood and a severe accident when it goes off after being brandished about and pointed towards dogs and someone holding one, cause if you say that don't happen your talking pish

I think yas do need ta get a grip we are from different environments so I believe my opinion his good ,atb bunnys?

Do you live in Afghanistan lol ... so tell me how many poachers have been murdered by gamekeepers or farmers ......

Socks get a grip there's nut jobs in all walks a life and it only takes a moment in truth at least forty five percent licence holders fa guns in truth are not mentally stable enough ta have them such his life but true atb bunnys.

I don't think I need " to get a grip " tell me when was the last time you heard of a farmer or gamekeeper killing a poacher seeing as 45% of gun holders are mentally not stable lol ......

Maybe an isolated incident Socks, 4 years ago just outside Scarborough in a little place called heslerton, some local lads drove into a field in a Subaru, BOOM! the rear window was shot out 1 lad hit by about 6 or so pellets around the neck and shoulders 1 dog also hit as they left the field, faster than they came into it another shot rang out striking the car...............they never went back again...............you can only push people so far before they snap

• Like 2

Can anyone recall the name of the lad from a traveller background who was competing in the paralympics earlier in the year, paralysed from the waist down? He was shot in the spine by a keeper who shot through the rear of the vehicle he was in.

Novice

• Like 1

Mentally unstable must apply to 95% of running dog lads in todays environment how ever thats another matter. Dogs getting shot rarely gets publicised unless its accompanied by the sheep worrying tag. Plenty of tales coming off the big land about vigilanty farmers trying to force lads off the road ocaissionally a farmer or a keeper gets a slap and its headlines. All sides need to take a step back. Example the Air Ambulance is regularly called out by the Police to locate hare coursers is this what this resource is for or the donations given for? Its not unusual for 4 p0lice vans and 5/6 police cars to be despatched to chase hare coursers yet muggers burglars thieves are ignored nowadays. No wonder some folk feel paranoid or persecuted, 4 lads caught and fined for coursing 3 grand fine, the expenditure to catch and prosecute them £25/30,000 do the sums. Some Gamies and Farmers now have someone literally riding shotgun which in itself is an accident waiting to happen.. As long as a piece of junk legislation like the Hunting Act is being upheld poaching will continue and so will the possibility of serious accidents happening this also encourages the landdrivers as they drive the land for a quick exit should it come on top. 4 lads came close to losing their lives a few weeks ago in a police chase they hit atree and a innocent passing motorists car troubled times are in the countryside one thinks.

Edited by desertbred

Shot at once (probably over my head as i was running away full pelt at the time) and had a shotgun let off right next to me to kill my ferret and shit us up (which i did!). Came off a field at night to find a very serious landowner(?) pointing a shotgun at us and telling us to clear off.