Ken Gould

I'm not a show person but when to one or two but what surprised me the most is how stupid people turning up with dogs that are smashed to bits some the dogs I wouldn't travel in car with never mind walk around a show

Usually the Welsh lads haha At
Yeeep lol I had to look twice at the one couldn't believe it was there
Taking 'well worked' dogs to a show wouldn't be everyones cup of tea.

For me, i'm very glad they do, and come to our show. Because its real workers I love to see!

I was at a well known terrier club show this year an the judges was not picking any dogs with signs of any work. And the lurcher judge said to a bull x owner out right im not picking any dogs with scars on!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's be honest lads "aye but you have to draw the line somewhere blah blah" where do you draw the line? I might draw the line a bit further down the bar than the next man and likewise the fella next

The terrier in the background was bought off Gouldy in the early eighties by a mate of mine, can't remember how she was supposed to be bred but he did'nt just sell black un's and Russell's. She actual

go on I'll tell the story as it was told to me lol . I hope I don't butcher it to bad .Anyway the bloke that told me storry goes up to Ken place with a mate of he's that was a big lump of a bloke. Tha

Posted Images

Ken pick a terrier that was half brother to mine over mine because it was marked up and the dog was a loon to ground.mine was a sensible dog and never got marked apart from one little scratch.he would of given me it instead of the other lad if mine was in the same state but some terriers are sensible some aren't so it goes to show you a man with his knowledge isn't always correct.but apart from that it was good crack and a nice man to.

Maybe he knew yours was a bayer and preferred the harder type .
He wasn't a bayer he did mix spot on as I seen it a few times when we broke through he had a good hold.just a sensible dog
I'm not slating the dog mate I myself would rather have that type of dog in my yard .
  • Like 1

I'm not a show person but when to one or two but what surprised me the most is how stupid people turning up with dogs that are smashed to bits some the dogs I wouldn't travel in car with never mind walk around a show

Usually the Welsh lads haha At
Yeeep lol I had to look twice at the one couldn't believe it was there
Taking 'well worked' dogs to a show wouldn't be everyones cup of tea.

For me, i'm very glad they do, and come to our show. Because its real workers I love to see!

I was at a well known terrier club show this year an the judges was not picking any dogs with signs of any work. And the lurcher judge said to a bull x owner out right im not picking any dogs with scars on!

f***ing pathetic

• Like 1

Ken pick a terrier that was half brother to mine over mine because it was marked up and the dog was a loon to ground.mine was a sensible dog and never got marked apart from one little scratch.he would of given me it instead of the other lad if mine was in the same state but some terriers are sensible some aren't so it goes to show you a man with his knowledge isn't always correct.but apart from that it was good crack and a nice man to.

He wasn't a bayer he did mix spot on as I seen it a few times when we broke through he had a good hold.just a sensible dog
go buy yourself a rosette if you think you deserve one.
  • Like 2

Even if your dog was hard and missing half it's chops he might have still preferred the other dog.
  • Like 1

Who cares if your dog wins or not. Its a show FFS. I honestly couldn't care if another man didn't think my dog was 'good looking', I'd happily show a dog and if it didn't win then who cares. That's not the reason we keep them.

Edited by Rabbit Hunter
  • Like 6

There was a time when we met up, went digging, had a bonanza and then went the show!! Judge of the day would have been there ! No doubting workers or jackers then. Hmmm! Happiness.

correct would often see a couple of lads arrive with dogs that still had the soil on their backs from the mornings outing.

I'm not slating the dog mate I myself would rather have that type of dog in my yard .

I didn't say you were mate I was just saying,I enjoyed watching him more than my borders as they were to hard so it was nice to have a dog like him.

go buy yourself a rosette if you think you deserve one.

Don't want anymore pal so pick ya pick ya dummy up if you didn't get picked.but there's always one isn't there.

Even if your dog was hard and missing half it's chops he might have still preferred the other dog.
he did as he says you don't mind me picking that one as its marked up,I said its up to you as your the judge but the lad he picked bred him.but like I said nice bloke

The subject of terriers being entered into the ring showing signs of recent work brings to mind the annual shows of DNWTC from years ago. The venue was Shotley Bridge club. A nature reserve next door. Badgers lived in the reserve. Before the British badger became the most protected life form on the planet, more protected even than the young of human beings. At the AGM one year the Chairman asked if members would try and desist from visiting the reserve with their terriers before the classes started as he was starting to receive complaints regarding this.

• Like 6