• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with poaching Africa's endangered wildlife,,,is not with the poor black fella doing the killing,,,,it's the wealthy Asian market,,,rhino horn ,,and elephant tusk ect,,,how can you blame so

I don't agree max,,,no difrent to you poaching a hare or deer here,,in fact if you think about it,,,it's worse...   You do it for sport, ,same as me,,,ok we might then eat it,,, but them poor fecker

You have to remember max that these people are years behind us in every way, they just can't nip to the chemist for the birth control or are you suggesting forced sterilisation? And if it's all about

The problem with poaching Africa's endangered wildlife,,,is not with the poor black fella doing the killing,,,,it's the wealthy Asian market,,,rhino horn ,,and elephant tusk ect,,,how can you blame some poor fella who hasn't got a pot to piss in trying to feed his family,,,when so much money is offered ...

• Like 15

The problem with poaching Africa's endangered wildlife,,,is not with the poor black fella doing the killing,,,,it's the wealthy Asian market,,,rhino horn ,,and elephant tusk ect,,,how can you blame some poor fella who hasn't got a pot to piss in trying to feed his family,,,when so much money is offered ...

Good post

The Chinese and Vietnamese etc medicine markets are not the only cause of poaching in Africa. With no outside influence at all the Africans would still flatten everything with no thought of sustainability simply to feed their appetite for bush meat and expansion. Were we any better 1000 years ago?

It's one of the Earth's really special ecosystems from it's shear magnitude and concentration of megafauna. Hopefully one day we find a sensible way to conserve it......

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 3

The Chinese and Vietnamese etc medicine markets are not the only cause of poaching in Africa. With no outside influence at all the Africans would still flatten everything with no thought of sustainability simply to feed their appetite for bush meat and expansion. Were we any better 1000 years ago?

It's one of the Earth's really special ecosystems from it's shear magnitude and concentration of megafauna. Hopefully one day we find a sensible way to conserve it......

lol,

Tranqulaise all the rhinos and elephants

Surgically remove the tusks and horn if this is possible

So that it is pointless shooting them ?

Or maybe that's unrealistic and these Majestic Creatures need that Horn or Tusk as a tool ?

I know one thing it's a fooking discrace that they are getting slaughtered because some fooking idiot believes it will give them super human powers or a boner King Kong would be proud of.

Those poaching them should also be fair game for a Bullet thru the head.

They often are fair game, game rangers are often locals trained in military ways out with AK47's on anti poacher patrol!

I don't agree max,,,no difrent to you poaching a hare or deer here,,in fact if you think about it,,,it's worse...

You do it for sport, ,same as me,,,ok we might then eat it,,, but them poor feckers are doing for money,,,because there so poor,,,,the problem lies out east,,as I've already said,,,no good shooting some poor fecker because he wants to feed himself or his family,,,,

• Like 12

I don't agree max,,,no difrent to you poaching a hare or deer here,,in fact if you think about it,,,it's worse...

You do it for sport, ,same as me,,,ok we might then eat it,,, but them poor feckers are doing for money,,,because there so poor,,,,the problem lies out east,,as I've already said,,,no good shooting some poor fecker because he wants to feed himself or his family,,,,

True TOMO and imho especialy poaching rabbits in this country its the trespassing that pisses landowners off more than the takeing of rabbits.

Out of likes mate,but thats spot on,if all i had to my name was a filthy pair of shorts,flip-flops with paper thin soles and 5 kids in my mud hut that needed fed clothed and educated and aome guy gave me an old belgian FN or an ak and said he would give me a couple of hundred dollars for every rhino horn i brought him then i would be off tracking theough the bush,its basic human survival,and its not just the far east that like rhino horn,look a little closer to home,yemeni dagger handles,its a fashion item.
  • Like 1

The small time poaching /taking of rhinos and elephants and other game has probably been going on for hundreds of years,however i read an article where over 200 elephants had been killed for their ivory over a couple of weeks period.

Now the little guy who lives in a mud hut has a big problem now how is he going to move tones of ivory and find a buyer to sell it to,all this without attracting attention of anti poaching teams who would kill you if they caught you or get jailed for a very long time.

Anyway it turns out the fingers were pointed at the government they were the only ones able to sell and ship out of the country such a large amount of ivory worth millions undetected,

Exactly runem,,there's obviously corruption from the top,,,the trouble is the bottom rung of the ladder is the poor sap that does the killing,,,above him will be a middle man giving him a weapon and amo,,,,,if the poor sap gets levelled ,,well there's plenty more where he came from...

• Like 2