Best Dry Food

The thing is these days Iv only the one, so I can easy feed them out the shops for a £5 a weeks, tinned fish, meat, offal,fresh fish and eggs glug of cooking oil job done then there's its catch I find it very easy these's day, I do add little carbs when working hard. For years I made it hard over thinking ect, now I just go with the flow in every aspect and I'm 100% more happy

• Like 4

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To my mind I’d say it would depend on how much of the diet is going to be complete, if 100% then use a decent one based on trial and error as to what suits the dog. If feeding it along with meat, bone

There is no best dry food it's all shit .......

Sunday mornings crack of dawn, climb over butchers back gate we a couple of bin bags, bins full of whole chickens, sausages. burgers,fish. meat n bones, job done, , costs me nowt to feed dog n stinke

I've always said the best food is the one that your dog eats ,enjoys and does well on.

Be that dry raw or a mix .....

As long as they do well and enjoy their grub ,be happy .

Mine is a fussy fecker I feed a good raw diet ,he looks OK if a little light.

If I could find a complete that he would eat and do well on,I'd be ordering it now

You tried gain Roy?
No mate I've bought bags of various but ended up giving away ....literally spent and a wasted 100s. I get beef from grays hill in Scotland now ,almost like steak ,

And eats just enough to keep him alive.

He looks well has a nice coat has plenty of energy ,muscled up on his legs and shoulders but his back and hips are terrible .

Drop a bit of your food and it hits him on the back of the head lol

• Like 1

The thing is these days Iv only the one, so I can easy feed them out the shops for a £5 a weeks, tinned fish, meat, offal,fresh fish and eggs glug of cooking oil job done then there's its catch I find it very easy these's day, I do add little carbs when working hard. For years I made it hard over thinking ect, now I just go with the flow in every aspect and I'm 100% more happy

That's deffo the way to go. If I'm ever in the situation where I've just got the one dog it will be supermarket stuff all the way for me. Packs of chicken legs and wings, packs of liver and kidney, odd pack of minced beef, eggs and tinned fish. Jobs a goodun.

• Like 4

Mines on raw beef mince and tripe as a staple also chicken wings hearts anything i can get hold of.Only recently have i been leaving dry food down as well more something to nibble on than anything Gain 28 i have been using have been looking at field and trial lately,any lads using it?

I'll always feed raw though as a main feed the dogs wolf it down and you can tell they love it.

i feed red mills engage which they like especially salmon and do well on it but i'm a slaughterman so mine also feast on fresh beef,lamb,tripe,paunches,sheep heads,red,fallow,roe,alpaca,water buffalo,goat,rabbit pheasant,hare and all there offals.just got hold of 10 kg of duck carcass yesterday and they never touched it.thats the only thing they have ever turned down.

i feed red mills engage which they like especially salmon and do well on it but i'm a slaughterman so mine also feast on fresh beef,lamb,tripe,paunches,sheep heads,red,fallow,roe,alpaca,water buffalo,goat,rabbit pheasant,hare and all there offals.just got hold of 10 kg of duck carcass yesterday and they never touched it.thats the only thing they have ever turned down.

With the amount and variety of raw at your disposal, do you really feel the need to use any dry/complete? Sounds like you and your dogs are onto a good thing :thumbs:

• Like 1

With the amount and variety of raw at your disposal, do you really feel the need to use any dry/complete? Sounds like you and your dogs are onto a good thing :thumbs:

Just what I was thinking.

Just what I was thinking.

Me to

just so i know that there getting everything like carbs and things.wouldn't know how to provide a complete and balanced diet from just raw.