Types Of Guard Dogs For Ur Yard .ie. Kennells And House.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

won't be long before they start hitting the headlines.Great dogs if you are doing security/patrol work or using them for sport knvp shutzhund french ring etc but defiantly not what I'd call a yard or

Thats my yard dog kelpie x collie he's tough as old boots and has shifted a few unsavoury caracters from my yard at night on a more than a few occasions.   Also he cracks the whip work wise because

ive nothing worth stealing but living rural ive known plenty of folks targeted by thieves for what little they do have from heating oil to a pensioners savings... ragnar is here to protect my dad and

Posted Images

A lot of the pics of the dogs on here that are supposed to be tough don't look like it in any of the pics. And the dutchy is not big enough to stop a big man ready to throw down..how do you guys know how tough your dog is if you don't put heat on them? If you do then why not post pics of them biting a hiding sleeve do I get some type of man work?

I think a better question is what man would be willing to go in and find out for himself if a certain dog ain't tough enough.....
One that's high as a kite on meow meow and there plenty like that down my way

This.

I've tangled with my fair share of crackheads and when they're on whatever it is they take they're not scared of anything and neither pain or injury will stop them.

Edited by neems
  • Like 3

An uncle of mine has a highly trained belgian mallinois it would even herd cattle with ease as an extra but he spent so much time opening and shutting gates and doors to prevent the postman or a visitor getting accidentally attacked that he nipped into town for 10 minutes one day and when he came home his gun was stolen from house while dog was locked in yard. What are these dogs like if young kids open a wrong door or gate will they attack a small child thats not a family member they seem to be more hassle than the benifets you get from them apart from the fact that the dog might cost 10,000 to buy and get trained so he might protect 5,000 worth of tools. They are a smashing looking specimen and will im sure serve the owner well and drop on command to prevent an attack but it has to be stressful always looking over your shoulder in case something goes wrong accidents can happen.

I'm glade to see there is another trainer on here..

I'm not a trainer mate just a bloke who wants to find out what he's actually feeding.My pal is the trainer I just tell him what I want the dog to be doing and he helps me to get it there and between our little group we invent as many different nutty situations as possible.

I agree a 70-80lb could wreck a man. But a dog that hasn't been trained to bite and deal with the stress the man is gonna put on him you don't know how he will respond. Your dog may bite my forearm and I slam him into a door and start to throw knees into his rib cage he very well my cur away..a good trained dog learns to deal with it and keep pushing forward..I train ring sport dogs and protection dogs and I been told by a lot of folks how tuff there dogs are then just shake my clatter stick and they put there tails between there legs. And unless you have a good strong bully bred or a killer, and it bites my arm I'll kill it! I'll give my forearm up and take the bite..I carry a neck knife every were I go..the point I'm trying to make is if you don't train your dog in hidden sleeves or hidden suits or teasing with the flesh you don't know what you have..just because it barks or growls at the fence.. doesn't mean anything

This is the attitude i love with guard breed afficianado's.... You lot just dont get it, because some of us only need a little alerting bark from our dogs and we'll do the fecking rest... I wouldn't need a 'guard breed' to protect me and mine, i'd do that quite well myself.

Guard breed 'gloryfying' is a dangerous and cruel game to play with the masses. Too many bellends watching Youtube then want a man trained dog... Like the petbulls and bull crosses, the real enemy will come from within...

Ahh sleeve this and commands me arse!! Lol. I had a mate over this evening and after reading this I told him to pick up the shovel and make a run at the bitch tied in the corner, she has never had anyone run at her with a shovel but she swept it off him as soon as he raised it to her and the cute bitch left slack on the chain so she could gain a bit of ground as he came closer... Another foot and he was in trouble!! They either have a hatred for strangers or they don't. Same as any dog in there given field, you can't make a dog bred for foxes actually kill a fox, they either hate them bad enough to do it or they are too cowardly to, if the minerals are there it will come out, I can safely say mine wouldn't give a shit whether she caught a lads arm or his hole, the first place she could get her teeth into that's where they would be going! She is normally in a pen in front of all my other pens and if a lads wants to get into the pens they go through hers first and she will not let that happen if your not supposed to be there!! My definition of a proper guard dog!! Guard dogs aren't my thing and don't interest me in the slightest, but every dog in the yard has a job to do and earn there crust and she does her job fine.

I'm not upset rippem , I just found your comment on taking on a dog and killing it

a bit of blowing your own bollox .

But that is just my opinion

I expected the reply with the 45 being American.

so I'll shut the fluck up before you train one of your super attack dogs

to travel to Britain an do me in.

• Like 2

I'm not upset rippem , I just found your comment on taking on a dog and killing it

a bit of blowing your own bollox .

But that is just my opinion

I expected the reply with the 45 being American.

so I'll shut the fluck up before you train one of your super attack dogs

to travel to Britain an do me in.

i think there only me and you who would feel the pain from a dog bite ,lol they make me laugh on here , go round any farm or scrap yard where they got nasty old collie or a x bred alsatian type thing , no sleeve or thick padded suite , just in a tee shirt and jeans , let them feckers lock on to you , :hmm: lol

You guys are flipping this around..what I was saying was how do you guys know your dog will protect or guard if you never put it to the test? Sorry you dont. So You have a dog that barks or shows teeth and that makes him a guardian or protector? I don't think so..

You guys are flipping this around..what I was saying was how do you guys know your dog will protect or guard if you never put it to the test? Sorry you dont. So You have a dog that barks or shows teeth and that makes him a guardian or protector? I don't think so..

well this is my take on it, say 95% joe public would feel frightened , by a 80lb gsd or 60lb collie showing its teeth , on the dogs property . now unless its that 5% nut job = pill head etc who will take the dog on, most dogs wont (have to be tested ) will they . as been said if the dog barks and lets you know its done its job :yes: , i keep a rounders bat ( small pick axe handle) by my bed, if agro i will do the rest my self. my dogs dont guard they lick you to death lol, they are lurchers not guard dogs, if i wanted a guard dog i get a well bred old type alsatian =gsd a 80lb dog of that breeding would stop the above no prob . :thumbs::yes:

• Like 1

If your referring to me yes it does. And when I'm not home try coming in.and my dog rarely barks.when outside he dips behind my deck waiting for you to open the gate. And I know my dog will bite.and he won't take food. And if you try and. If you go up to him with food in your hand he will show you his teeth and if you don't back off he will bite..

well this is my take on it, say 95% joe public would feel frightened , by a 80lb gsd or 60lb collie showing its teeth , on the dogs property . now unless its that 5% nut job = pill head etc who will take the dog on, most dogs wont (have to be tested ) will they . as been said if the dog barks and lets you know its done its job :yes: , i keep a rounders bat ( small pick axe handle) by my bed, if agro i will do the rest my self. my dogs dont guard they lick you to death lol, they are lurchers not guard dogs, if i wanted a guard dog i get a well bred old type alsatian =gsd a 80lb dog of that breeding would stop the above no prob . :thumbs::yes:

You're right about any dog scaring off 95% of people,but think about the degenerates who make up the majority breaking into houses etc

I'd have one in the house to warn me if i had another,and if it had the right qualities to back me up then that's better,but I'd want to know one way or the other!

I wouldn't want a nasty surprise when it pissed itself and f****d off,leaving me in the pitch black,in the middle of my garden,in me dressing gown armed with a rounders bat trying to fight off 2 marauding bagheads :laugh:

imagine a 120 pound rotty in the corner of the garden,with it's tail between it's legs barking at us as I'm getting my head kicked in :D

Edited by neems
  • Like 1