Cola cubes, pineapple chunks, lemon sherberts, strawberry sherberts, those little chewy mints - can't remember what they were called, Pk chewing gum, beech nut chewing gum, bazooka bubblegum, treets, toffos.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sherbert lemons,sherbert strawberrys,cider apples,sweet peanuts,rhubarb and custard,wine gums,midget gems,jelly beans,cherry lips,chocolate limes,toffee rolls,american hard gums,blackcurrant liquorice

Well guys after lots of long days and hard work we opened yesterday at about 11.30 and have had our first full day today, to say we are pleased is an under statement, we knew we had to take £350 a day

Single fags

Posted Images

I used to like Fizzy Dizzys - little round boiled sweets covered in a sour sugar.

Aniseed balls and twists :thumbs:

A proper old fashioned set of weighing scales would be good - I remember buying buying a quarter of aniseed balls on the way to school for 20p. The old lady used to spin the little papar bag round by the top corners to close it :)

Good luck with the shop - I hope it does well :good:

Any thoughts on a name?

Yeah we've got some nice old fashioned scales on shop floor whilst their doing their pick and mix but we have to have digital trading standards passed ones for the final till pricing

We're calling it

The Box Of Delights

It sounds like the name will fit from what you said earlier :good:

Kids round here seem to be going mad for these things at the moment....... :o

post-102688-0-71395800-1467998772_thumb.jpg

post-102688-0-14370900-1467998789_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I used to like Fizzy Dizzys - little round boiled sweets covered in a sour sugar.

Aniseed balls and twists :thumbs:

A proper old fashioned set of weighing scales would be good - I remember buying buying a quarter of aniseed balls on the way to school for 20p. The old lady used to spin the little papar bag round by the top corners to close it :)

Good luck with the shop - I hope it does well :good:

Any thoughts on a name?

Yeah we've got some nice old fashioned scales on shop floor whilst their doing their pick and mix but we have to have digital trading standards passed ones for the final till pricing

We're calling it

The Box Of Delights

It sounds like the name will fit from what you said earlier :good:

Kids round here seem to be going mad for these things at the moment....... :o

Yeah we've got full range of jelly beans but jelly belly are American we're doing jelly bean factory which are British and gm free etc
  • Like 1

not exactly traditional but not seen them for years jolly ranchers.

they sell them in b&m bargains if you have one near you.they sell quite a lot of retro and american sweets in there

yea we have a b+m kids get the chewy ones from there in boxes and I pinch a few but they used to do hard ones in a packet.

our one sells the hard ones mate.my Mrs did some flavored vodka with them at Christmas.was lovely stuff!!

I'll be in there in the morning then double checking ? just hope they as good as I remember.

Thanks for all the replys guys it's given us a few ideas, we've had delivery now of our slushy and whippy ice cream machines also the blender for milkshakes

It's been a scary project for someone like me who usually shys away from DIY but I'm having to do all this myself, so here's a couple of pics to show my progress

After ripping out the carpet that was glued to every inch of the floor, my knees have never hurt so much it took 3 days

Then fixing the ceiling tiles

Sanding and painting all walls

Then fitting new commercial floor

Then fitting and bolting to wall all solid wood shelving

Then first delivery of stock yesterday

post-25990-0-48997200-1468009017.jpg

post-25990-0-63923700-1468009180_thumb.jpg

post-25990-0-62726200-1468009205_thumb.jpg

post-25990-0-57987600-1468009239_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Cobanas, nut brittle, spangles, cherry lips and them pair drops where a b@stard for swallowing whole. Sports mixtures brilliant for any up and coming fighterr, will end up with a jaw like desperate dan. Them sherbert flying sourcers where horrible. Pinapple chunks, sherbert lemond. Cough candy where sound if you had a sly drink to get rid of the booze smell.Bubble king chewys, golf balls.

jargonelle pear drops but the proper ones not the cheapy stupid flavours. I love them the wife bought some from a sweet shop in town and they cost like a quid for 6 :(

Need to be me birthday for that