Old Terminology

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still talk about 'taping' things off TV on Sky+.

Not terminology I know but you just don't see this anymore. ...mam always tubbed us in the kitchen sink .

We still call going to the cinema "going to the pictures"

Posted Images

Often heard a lad fart and he'd say "better owt then me eye."

my oldman always says-did you hear them ducks?lol-if he drops his guts and it f****n stinks then it's "bigger breaths it will go quicker"he said it once in a lift full of store girls when I worked shopfitting with him-man has no shame lol.atb dc

Who's mum had a posh phone voice? Common as muck one minute then the phone rings and they become the queen :laugh: And why did they always say the number when they answered? ... wtf was all that about? :laugh:

Yes we all answered as kids with 3610, then they added another number now it's 6 numbers

My old man answered the door one day to 2 of my mates when I was a 13-14, one was a black kid the other had braces on his teeth.....

He shouts up the stairs "KEV,,.... Chris Akubusi and some kid with scaffold on his teeth are at the door for you!!"

Not sure you'd get away with it now lol

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1

"You'll have someone's eye out with that"

No matter what it was you were playing with, could be a tennis ball ffs, not sure how it would have your eye out!! Lol

Used to walk up the phone box to call your mates, 10p in, one of my mates dad had the worst stutter you've ever heard, by the time hed said hello to me my money was done..... That's the gods honest truth...

( "the gods honest truth" is one of my mums)

• Like 1