New Perm

I was introduced to a farmer last night who granted me permission to shoot his land, 250 acres of rape and soon to be drilled peas. The land also has a very large population of rabbits with corvid and pigeon activity. Here are a few photo's. The third photo is the top of a 50' deep valley which has not had a sole walk there for years, could be squirrels and along with some dead trees, ideal for sitty trees, just need a way to get down to the bottom as it is seriously overgrown but very interesting.

DSCF3170_zpsmtbg5ker.jpg

DSCF3173_zpsvgmbdtf2.jpg

DSCF3172_zpsf6cgic6j.jpg

DSCF3175_zps1gm078py.jpg

DSCF3177_zps47duwpa1.jpg

I popped up this morning for a reccie and took a rabbit on my walk around. With very undulating ground, it offers some interesting shooting, now need someone to take the rabbits because we don't like them.

20160512_075939_zpsfh2m1zcb.jpg

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 3

I had a couple of thousand acres many years ago when I lived in Sheffield but have not had a rough shoot like this since then as the clay shooting bug bit me hard and have not shot live quarry for a long time. I have shot on friends land as I have got back into air rifles but this land has me quite excited at what the potential is there. The pea drilling will be done at the end of the month so I may need to take the shotgun as well depending on how things pan out but with no cover whatsoever it will be tricky I am sure.

Phil

Edited by philpot

Nice permission, looks like it's going to hold a lot of interesting opportunities. The pea drilling sounds good, they don't do much of that round here but like Villaman says leave the shottie at home and try decoying with the airgun with maybe a sitty tree nearby.

• Like 3