Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

Spence is the truth and just exposed the truth on mikey, Garcia is a good technical fighter but an even better cherry picker of opponents, I believe Garcia took the fight as a retirement fight as it offered more money than getting demolished by loma which was his other option, ? 

• Like 2

Yeah Garcia has messed about a lot when it comes to opponents 

there was no way he was gonna get inside on spence last night,spence is a very skilled & hard fighter & some body puncher?Rated him since I first seen him,would like spence-Crawford now

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Yeah Garcia has messed about a lot when it comes to opponents 

there was no way he was gonna get inside on spence last night,spence is a very skilled & hard fighter & some body puncher?Rated him since I first seen him,would like spence-Crawford now

Spence Crawford is the one everyone wants mate, was surprised to see manny step in the ring after and spence saying he wants to fight him next, find it a bit sad when the greats don’t no when to stop but I guess we all like to think we still have one roll of the dice left  in us ?✌️

• Like 2

agree with you there mate,I've always said a true fighting man needs saving from himself,needs good people round him to say enoughs enough now,you've had your day you've got nothing to prove.cos a true fighter will always believe he can do the job,even when he's past it,it's just how their bred & programmed

yeah spence-Crawford would be unreal?

• Thanks 1

Sorry to disagree lads but its Thurman they all want,hes been holding them belts to ransom (only 1 belt now) since Spence came on the scene and Crawford is also looking for him but he has no intentions of fighting either imo. Fair play to Garcia he jumped up two divisions to fight Spence, and you could clearly see size the difference. Both Spence and Crawford have the size to move through more divisions so it will be interesting to see what paths they take .

Edited by MickC
23 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

That’s part reason Iv never took nowt do with boxing, never wanted to seem as tho I was pushing him into it, that an I know fcuk all about boxing? like Iv said tho an I’m only half joking. He gets beat again an j think I train him meself or go find the mr miaggi of boxing to train him, Cos he keen as fcuk so deserves the best a chances imo,

Its the worst thing he could do mate,all gyms have pecking orders and all the lads using that gym know what that pecking order is he would be seen as either getting above himself or bottling it by leaving on the back of a few losses.....part of a kids learning about the sport is the relationships you make and the gym camaraderie that go,s with self improvement,by watching other kids and being around other fighters he is picking up valuable experience.....the technical ability will come with time.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Anything ye can recommend I do for him, like Iv said the lad is mad keen an actually pretty good according to his coaches an them in the know, jist feel a bit helpless tbh an there ain’t nowt I wouldn’t do for him if I thought it would help?

Did he lose to a lad his age or was the opponent older again like his first fight ? Id be trying to match him as close as possible to his own age group,a couple of years difference is a lot as a junior, especially for a lad just starting out . jmo

Edited by MickC
13 hours ago, MickC said:

Sorry to disagree lads but its Thurman they all want,hes been holding them belts to ransom (only 1 belt now) since Spence came on the scene and Crawford is also looking for him but he has no intentions of fighting either imo. Fair play to Garcia he jumped up two divisions to fight Spence, and you could clearly see size the difference. Both Spence and Crawford have the size to move through more divisions so it will be interesting to see what paths they take .

Thurmans big problem is he would rather tell everyone he,s the best than prove it and the sands of time wait for no man, he needs to put up or shut up, but agree I,d love to see him in with spence or crawford

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MickC said:

Did he lose to a lad his age or was the opponent older again like his first fight ? Id be trying to match him as close as possible to his own age group,a couple of years difference is a lot as a junior, especially for a lad just starting out . jmo

Yeah I'd second that, matched as close as possible, weight,size,fights, fair play to the wee lad don.

6 hours ago, Francie said:

No mention of our Katie Taylor winning her third belt at weekend by stopping her opponent, she is great fighter, an beautiful too?

Next fight unification.

Shame conlan let the side down with his intro music