Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

Id like Degale to win simply because he,s trained by Jimmy Mcdonnell but i cant help but think it would be a tragedy if the kid Eubank doesnt reach the highest level of the sport i dont think ive ever seen a fighter more naturally blessed to be a fighter he is a fantastic physical specimen,has the old mans strength and i wouldnt mind betting he,s game to the last......but his father has totally ruined him from the off in my opinion and if the fathers ego ends up costing the son a good career it will be a terrible shame for a lad who im told is a decent kid.

3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Id like Degale to win simply because he,s trained by Jimmy Mcdonnell but i cant help but think it would be a tragedy if the kid Eubank doesnt reach the highest level of the sport i dont think ive ever seen a fighter more naturally blessed to be a fighter he is a fantastic physical specimen,has the old mans strength and i wouldnt mind betting he,s game to the last......but his father has totally ruined him from the off in my opinion and if the fathers ego ends up costing the son a good career it will be a terrible shame for a lad who im told is a decent kid.

He’s crap, groves showed him that he can’t box, just a puncher he’s defo not a replica of his old man. Even his old man says he does not listen and is too arrogant and that’s coming from da Eubank fs

11 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

He’s crap, groves showed him that he can’t box, just a puncher he’s defo not a replica of his old man. Even his old man says he does not listen and is too arrogant and that’s coming from da Eubank fs

" crap "....he is rated in the top 5 in the world......he has the fathers strength,guts and tenacity......hopefully he doesnt have the fathers ego.

7 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

" crap "....he is rated in the top 5 in the world......he has the fathers strength,guts and tenacity......hopefully he doesnt have the fathers ego.

Did you watch him fighting groves? Looked far out classed to me and even in defeat was still an arrogant dick head and I’m no groves fan either. He won’t achieve his full potential because he knows best

What jnr lacks in boxing skills & technical side of it he makes up for with sheer work rate & the fact that he is relentless,he is extremely fit & in great condition 

Jnr definitely falls into the "fighter" category,chunky has been great in his time & is clearly the better boxer of the two,but sometimes it's about working to your strengths & imposing your will,and at this stage of his career I don't think what DeGale has left is enough to impose himself on Jnr 

plus with DeGales habit of sitting on the ropes he could be in for a real hard time of it here,and I think he will get stopped late

Well documented that jnr refuses to listen to anyone and just does his own thing which is a shame as already pointed out he does have some natural attributes. Degale is not the fighter he once was so Im not sure if he gets the win tonight but it will be bloody and back and forth all fight with Degale on top then retreating to the ropes for a breather as normal. Both of them despise each other as well so defo has the makings of a good fight .

Edited by MickC

That Diaz fella apparently straight up told Jnr his footwork was s**t & his defence needs work 

he needs more of that ? His ol man hasn't done him any good at all 

and he's had a good trainer in Ronnie Davies round him & he's not took no heed of him...if this new chap is firing home some home truths to him then that's only a good thing 

yeah these two genuinely can't stick each other,always makes for a good ruck in theory....

2 minutes ago, Billy b said:

That Diaz fella apparently straight up told Jnr his footwork was s**t & his defence needs work 

he needs more of that ? His ol man hasn't done him any good at all 

and he's had a good trainer in Ronnie Davies round him & he's not took no heed of him...if this new chap is firing home some home truths to him then that's only a good thing 

yeah these two genuinely can't stick each other,always makes for a good ruck in theory....

Hopefully yas get your moneys worth. After the prize fighter comp I wouldn’t pay another penny to watch him

I hate to talk bad of any ex fighter but old man Eubank really is a repugnant geezer i used to know his brother Simon many years back who was also a fighter i remember him telling me that Chris used to talk like any other scrappy lad out of Peckham but when he went to America as a young boxer he would listen to posh yanks on the radio in his 10 dollar a night bedsit and decided to start talking like them and market this image of an upper class toff......what an absolute mug !

Just now, gnasher16 said:

I hate to talk bad of any ex fighter but old man Eubank really is a repugnant geezer i used to know his brother Simon many years back who was also a fighter i remember him telling me that Chris used to talk like any other scrappy lad out of Peckham but when he went to America as a young boxer he would listen to posh yanks on the radio in his 10 dollar a night bedsit and decided to start talking like them and market this image of an upper class toff......what an absolute mug !

It's a really bad do when a man isn't comfortable in his own skin & has to create a facade ?‍♂️

16 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Or did he box clever (excuse the pun) and sell himself as something different which gave him more air time and interviews and made himself that love or hate fighter that you would pay to watch win or get beaten ??? ....... 

24 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

What tickles me is either the kid is doing the same or the ol man walked round the house doing it as well ?

Even my wife said today when I was watching the itv face off earlier that you can see the old man has rubbed off on him the way he's talking & carrying himself,so I agree with you there ??