Boxing At The Weekend...

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

If ANY man still thinks that Dosser Fury can honestly box, after last nights performance....your as deluded as that whole family of Fury's....been found out again ,the mans a clown and them f***ing idiots that have promoted him from the start... Us Brits are the laughing stock of the boxing world 😔

I've been saying this for the last few years, mate.  👍

• Like 3

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

If ANY man still thinks that Dosser Fury can honestly box, after last nights performance....your as deluded as that whole family of Fury's....been found out again ,the mans a clown and them f***ing idiots that have promoted him from the start... Us Brits are the laughing stock of the boxing world 😔

it's not the Fury team who are the clowns and idiots,it's the people who pay to view are the clowns/idiots,idiots don't make that sort of money

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, YOKEL said:

Worth a listen....

Yokel 

lol froch bellew all eddie hearn arse muffers ffs lol they ain’t unbiased 

people looking into it to much it was an exhibition the start of camp for usyk fury didn’t even look like he had trained he was done after 6 slow rounds when he can do 12 with ease 

nagganou sat back to much didn’t do alot some rounds he threw 5 punches 

descent under card though 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Haha 1

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt !

And we're supposed to believe that a fighter who looks lost when an opponent refuses to bite on his feints,when an opponent is too strong for him to rely on his safety blanket of bullying in the clinch safely leaning and claiming to wear them out is one of the most skilled heavyweights of all time 😂...behave your f****n selves !

Inconsistent jab,slapping left hook,wild right uppercuts,cannot put a steady threatening offense together if he has to go forward....to think that man has got where he has on anything other than sheer size is naive at best his fundamentals are lousy and fights like a clumsy ogre......id have backed Wardley on the undercard to iron him out on that display.

• Like 13
15 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

You got that saved for your bank?

It’s getting like where’s wally, should be a prize each time we spot him shame he can’t change his MO as he did make some good posts and was a bit of a laugh at times 

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt !

And we're supposed to believe that a fighter who looks lost when an opponent refuses to bite on his feints,when an opponent is too strong for him to rely on his safety blanket of bullying in the clinch safely leaning and claiming to wear them out is one of the most skilled heavyweights of all time 😂...behave your f****n selves !

Inconsistent jab,slapping left hook,wild right uppercuts,cannot put a steady threatening offense together if he has to go forward....to think that man has got where he has on anything other than sheer size is naive at best his fundamentals are lousy and fights like a clumsy ogre......id have backed Wardley on the undercard to iron him out on that display.

I dont think any serious mma fan believes that an mma can beat a boxer in a boxing match same as a boxer wont stand a chance in an mma cage.Of course you'll get dellusional idiots on both sides.I find it quite funny just how many people have been suckered into paying money for this whole fiasco.I was at a party the other night where everyone was gunna watch the fury/Ngannau nonsense once it started.As soon as everyone started getting ready I took that as my cue to f**k off home and get my head down.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, downsouth said:

I dont think any serious mma fan believes that an mma can beat a boxer in a boxing match same as a boxer wont stand a chance in an mma cage.Of course you'll get dellusional idiots on both sides.I find it quite funny just how many people have been suckered into paying money for this whole fiasco.I was at a party the other night where everyone was gunna watch the fury/Ngannau nonsense once it started.As soon as everyone started getting ready I took that as my cue to f**k off home and get my head down.

Its a shame as the undercard fight between Wardley and Adeleye was a good domestic fight id of been interested to watch live....as it was i didnt bother paying for it until i woke up Sunday morning and heard all the controversy.....anyone who paid to watch a bunch of celebrities sitting round a boxing ring in anticipation of a world heavyweight champion taking on a bloke who not only has never had a fight in a boxing ring but not even had a fight in his own sport for 2 years....needs to ask themself what they actually wanted out of the whole circus of an event.

Regards mma v boxers etc......Fury got it right in the build up its like the best table tennis player taking on Djokovic......dropped a bollock there didnt he but he's right !.......my issue is why boxing has to be the sport thats made to look foolish,let some of these " cross over " events take place in a game of darts or a running race why is it boxing that has to be dragged through the mud the bbboc and other such organisations should be protecting the sport from this exploitation,instead they are sanctioning them !!

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 5
10 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Its a shame as the undercard fight between Wardley and Adeleye was a good domestic fight id of been interested to watch live....as it was i didnt bother paying for it until i woke up Sunday morning and heard all the controversy.....anyone who paid to watch a bunch of celebrities sitting round a boxing ring in anticipation of a world heavyweight champion taking on a bloke who not only has never had a fight in a boxing ring but not even had a fight in his own sport for 2 years....needs to ask themself what they actually wanted out of the whole circus of an event.

Regards mma v boxers etc......Fury got it right in the build up its like the best table tennis player taking on Djokovic......dropped a bollock there didnt he but he's right !.......my issue is why boxing has to be the sport thats made to look foolish,let some of these " cross over " events take place in a game of darts or a running race why is it boxing that has to be dragged through the mud the bbboc and other such organisations should be protecting the sport from this exploitation,instead they are sanctioning them !!

Forgive me butting as I have absolutely no boxing knowledge at all beyond I used to watch when I thought it was good, but it sounds like top level Boxing is going the way of a lot of top level sport and alienating its grass roots ?

Would you get more enjoyment going and watching a few lower level fighters at say York Hall, not the “premier league” but just good honest fighters plying their trade ?

Like non league, but boxing or does it not work like that ?

Edited by WILF
1 minute ago, WILF said:

Forgive me butting as I have absolutely no boxing knowledge at all beyond I used to watch when I thought it was good, but it sounds like top level Boxing is going the way of a lot of top level sport and alienating its grass roots ?

Would you get more enjoyment going and watching a few lower level fighters at say York Hall, not the “premier league” but just good honest fighters plying their trade ?

I think thats what a lot of genuine boxing fans are doing, HW boxing has been turned into a fckn circus

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Exactly that mate.I had people telling me the other night"Yeah but Ngannau is a top fighter and can really throw a punch"My answer was "Mo Farrah is a really good runner but I dont want to sit and watch him race Usain Bolt let alone waste 20quid on it.And you're correct that Fury couldnt get away with his usual lean and wear down tactic with an 18st bloke whos game is is partly made up of clinching and grappling

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Absolutely.....i said only the other day on here id gone to the York Hall to watch the son of a friend of mine in what turned out to be a good,exciting fight and it brought back a lot of feelings i have for the game that i thought id lost for the reasons you touch on......ive said many times i lose interest in local lads if/when they reach world level because the sport is not the same.....the trouble is im not a big fan of amateur boxing so for me the main interest is domestic level fighters on the up before they reach world level.

What i would say is different with the ruination of elite level boxing compared to say elite level football is that this kind of event the other night is not about money,money has always corrupted boxing......this is about politics and " sportswashing " as they're calling it......which for me is even worse than good old fashioned money corruption.....but thats another argument.

• Like 3