Boxing At The Weekend...

48 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Does being from an impoverished background necessarily equate with being a better fighter though ? 

is the aeons old tale of the “hungry fighter “ a myth ? 

surely a man with the same characteristics, training and diet who has the ability to rest properly , in the best conditions would see off a less prepared , equally capable opponent ? 

2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Sorry, yeah, you're right mate. I'd forgotten those two great world champions. Brilliant examples mate. They are not just gym rats with sculpted bodies. They are the real deal.

There's no association with poverty and boxing. I take it all back. There's lots òf boxers produced from public schools, the leafy shires and Hampstead. Its the same all over the world. The Mexicans, the Americans black and white, the Eastern bloc fighters, they were all brought up in mansions with rich mummies and daddies. How could I be so stupid? 

Yes South Yorkshire has produced great boxers...they were all rich too. Brendan Ingle ( who I recently said should have been knighted for services to boxing),  got all his talent from middle class housing estates.

Don't be irritating. Being broke is associated with success in the ring. People from slums have been kicked up the arse from day one and  have endured grinding deprivation It hardens them and makes them less likely to quit in the ring.  Status is important to people and if you are poor, the only way you can achieve it is through fighting, either on the street or in the ring. Historically, boxing was the only way out out of the slums and crime. Behave yourself.

The last but is exactly how I describe you mate to be honest! Was you the chap who got called out for that apparent fight you had in the toilets and it turned out to be a myth that’s gone on for generations 

• Like 1

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

On 25/10/2023 at 12:20, keepdiggin said:

The last but is exactly how I describe you mate to be honest! Was you the chap who got called out for that apparent fight you had in the toilets and it turned out to be a myth that’s gone on for generations 

Yes. Partially correct. Although if you had read my post carefully , you would understand that it was an event which I reflected on to amuse myself and others. Not to appear a tough guy.

I stated that I had been one -two'd because I was a 19 year old boy with mouth and attitude. It wasn't a fight. I also stated that I didn't want any 'afters' when I saw him again, because I knew I was way out of my level. I also wrote that, although I really enjoyed boxing as a boy and teenager, I had only "average ability" . I said I didn't have the 'grit or determination' to be a 'genuine boxer'. So an honest self - assessment, hardly an attempt to big myself up. Have you boxed? Have you ever had a fight? The  Internet doesn't count.Lol

Now tell us about your terriers past or present Keepdiggin,  because you don't seem to post in the terrier section. Could it be the only digging you do is at other members on here.? Also tell us about your nights in Dave Courtney's dominatrix brothel,  to which, according to Lurcherman,  you were a visitor. On second thoughts, don't bother.  Fantasy or real experience, I don't want to read it. Try not to post  negative posts or posts of a sordid nature in future. The atmosphere is always better when people are positive and constructive. Oh and google what Emanuel Stewart says about " Street toughness" swinging a fight

Edited by jukel123
  • Thanks 1
On 24/10/2023 at 10:25, gnasher16 said:

Totally agree with all of that,for me the heavyweight division is in the state its in because of the obvious......there are no size limits !!.....people are realising that above a certain size you can get away with not being very good.....Fury/Wilder/Joshua none of them would win an area title if they were middleweights but as heavyweights they just need to get themself in good shape and they're halfway there.

The whole Fury thing is just cringeworthy and embarrassing ok the big lad tries hard and has done well for himself and seems a nice enough chap so good luck to him.....but the desperate for attention father making a c**t of himself,the pretty boy one earning good dough fighting non fighters and the spotty one i forget his name does he even box anymore....all just makes a mockery of the sport to talented young lads coming into the game.

I said when that Mayweather v Mcgregor thing was first being talked about that if this comes off it will be the beginning of the end for professional boxing and i think thats being proved right........boxing is being prostituted out and abused from what was once a respectable competitive sport and its horrible to see.

Does Fury still have Andy Lee around him he seems a level headed man. I had a drink and a day out coursing with his old man year's ago. 

41 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Does Fury still have Andy Lee around him he seems a level headed man. I had a drink and a day out coursing with his old man year's ago. 

i think so mate i like lee good boxer no quit and could change the fight with one shot

• Like 1
6 hours ago, mC HULL said:

what’s your thoughts @shaaark of mike tyson saying fury is most likely the best fighter ever lol 

I'd say all that green has gone to his head 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
9 hours ago, mC HULL said:

what’s your thoughts @shaaark of mike tyson saying fury is most likely the best fighter ever lol 

Every time I see this thread bumped to the top I assume that someone is announcing a good upcoming fight so I have a quick gander only to find another. delusional rant from yourself blowing the man that is slowly killing heavyweight boxing and turning everything into a pantomime, if John fury was my father I’d distance myself as far away from him as I could not give him the limelight and follow his lead 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
29 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Every time I see this thread bumped to the top I assume that someone is announcing a good upcoming fight so I have a quick gander only to find another. delusional rant from yourself blowing the man that is slowly killing heavyweight boxing and turning everything into a pantomime, if John fury was my father I’d distance myself as far away from him as I could not give him the limelight and follow his lead 

his heads defo f****d but he most likely brings in more people that don’t watch boxing 

slowly killing it ? he’s the only one fighting everyone at heavyweight 

f***ing joshua pulled from wilder fight again 

There doesn't seem to be anybody interested in this fight certainly seems to be pup or even talking about it that I'm aware of even on some forums thats has alot of genuine boxing fans there just seems no interest so who is spending the cash obviously some people must be?

Il watch it on YouTube tomorrow, in the past I'd wait up all night n morning for fights but it's like a circus now isn't it?

Edited by dodger
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, dodger said:

There doesn't seem to be anybody interested in this fight certainly seems to be pup or even talking about it that I'm aware of even on some forums thats has alot of genuine boxing fans there just seems no interest so who is spending the cash obviously some people must be?

Il watch it on YouTube tomorrow, in the past I'd wait up all night n morning for fights but it's like a circus now isn't it?

Whole thing is a circus, beyond embarrassing

• Like 2
1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

What a day of sport !

Darts and snooker on the telly,

Wolves-Newcastle on the telly,

Rugby World Cup Final on the telly,

Then probably find the fight on a snide channel .

Cheers.

Get off your arse and get your dog walked.