Boxing At The Weekend...

6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

My issue is in sports that have governing bodies to stop shit like this,its still happening......what are governing bodies there for if not to protect the sport from exploitation !!

Theyre there for the same as politicians are, in name only, once the job is secured all the bribery and envelopes under the table takes over, until next time for election, gone are the days of the people rule, its tge money that rules

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Theyre there for the same as politicians are, in name only, once the job is secured all the bribery and envelopes under the table takes over, until next time for election, gone are the days of the people rule, its tge money that rules

It always did that was never any different......but the sport always protected itself.....i like to think the BBBoC is still one of the sports best governing bodies and cant imagine Robert Smith putting a green tick to any of this shit......it would only need one of these kids off the internet to lose his life in the ring and we're probably looking at an end to the sport as we know it.

• Like 3
  • 5 weeks later...

Liam Williams vs Eubank Jnr should be a cracker. Thought Williams looked very fit and strong at the public workout with a powerful right hand and he was moving very well both foot wise & laterally - He does have the boxing skills to beat CEJ who always struggles with anyone who has got boxing ability,but despite all this I feel Jnrs fitness and his workrate will become telling in the mid to late rounds & he may well get the better of Williams who has all the tools to win imo

Keith thurman is having a comeback fight and the yanks have stuck it up on PPV for 75bar?‍♂️?

Julius indongo fighting aswell this weekend

As for Brook-Khan I fancy Brook tbh,Khans feet aren't there anymore,despite him still having v fast handspeed,I think whatever happens Brook will stop him in the end. 

1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

Way in the future but Dillian Whyte is 5/1 against Fury. To me that's worth a punt. For me he's much more dangerous than Wilder.

wilder hits harder and is much much faster throwing it 

5 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Way in the future but Dillian Whyte is 5/1 against Fury. To me that's worth a punt. For me he's much more dangerous than Wilder.

I wont believe Fury Vs Whyte is happening until they are in there throwing shots at one another 

Whyte has made absolutely no mention of the fight since its been made,ok could just be knuckling down,but its very out of his character and he is usually happy to tell all and sundry how game he is,Hes f****d about so much with his talk of what dough he wants where up down left or right this is the biggest payday for Whyte,ive liked Whyte in the past,he is a fun fighter but recently hes been going on a bit silly imo and this lack of enthusiam for what is a massive fight for him is strange,I cant see it comin off

If it does come off I think comfortable win for Fury on points 

31 minutes ago, Billy b said:

I wont believe Fury Vs Whyte is happening until they are in there throwing shots at one another 

Whyte has made absolutely no mention of the fight since its been made,ok could just be knuckling down,but its very out of his character and he is usually happy to tell all and sundry how game he is,Hes f****d about so much with his talk of what dough he wants where up down left or right this is the biggest payday for Whyte,ive liked Whyte in the past,he is a fun fighter but recently hes been going on a bit silly imo and this lack of enthusiam for what is a massive fight for him is strange,I cant see it comin off

If it does come off I think comfortable win for Fury on points 

You are probably right. But Whyte will come to fight and, as always with heavyweights, it only takes one shot to end a fight. 5/1  seems a decent price for Whyte. I'm gonna have a punt on him. Fury is 1/7. I don't see the fight as uneven as that.

1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

You are probably right. But Whyte will come to fight and, as always with heavyweights, it only takes one shot to end a fight. 5/1  seems a decent price for Whyte. I'm gonna have a punt on him. Fury is 1/7. I don't see the fight as uneven as that.

Hopefully if we get the on form Whyte he will bring a fight and it will be very entertaining.Dont blame you mate 100%worth a punt but I dont see him being able to put Tyson down and keep him there imo 

Wilder is the one hit quit man in that division and he couldlnt do it,what one man does to a man doesnt nessecarily mean itll be the same deal for another man though but i just feel whatever people think of tysons shape,style,whether hes boring or not,1 things for sure youve got to nail tyson to the floor to keep him there,the mans got unreal recovery skills & i cant see Whyte being the man to nail fury to the canvas

But only takes 1 shot like you say and thats what makes heavies exciting 

Eubank/Williams is a fight im looking forward to Eubank is one of the most natural fighting men ive ever seen he's just been so badly managed he'll probably never reach his full potential i just cant see Williams being able to put a dent in him Eubank decision for me.

Khan/Brook i couldnt care less to be honest....meaningless fight.

Fury/Whyte if it happens is another easy one for Fury....Whyte has some tools to trouble him but his slow feet make it predictable....for me Furys career has been quite pathetic 13 years a pro and only 1 meaningful fight against a 39 year old the sooner he retires the better and get some proper competitors in there.

I,ll be ringside for my man John Ryder next week its a tough ask going up against someone of Daniel Jacobs quality and he'll be the betting underdog but he's pulled it out the bag before in fights he's been expected to lose and pandemic aside he's been in good form over the last 3 years so hoping for a win,the lad deserves a bit of luck !

• Like 2