• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The good old days.  

recycling is only big coin because it gives them an excuse to stick your council tax up, twats here insist on everything going into separate bins then empty them all into the same sodding lorry, and n

Our Binmen are Great.They will take anything.One of them is a Member on here.I remember a couple of years ago an old gent up the road from me put his Lawnmower out the front one morning to cut the Gra

Posted Images

our bin men are good ive aquired a extra bin which they always empty with no fuss, if the bins are full i can leave black bags full of rubbish by the side of them and they take them as well. now the nieghbouring town the dust men are fecking unreal if the bin lid isnt shut properly then they leave the bins they will only empty bins and wont take any rubbish bags left by the side of your bin just fecking nuts. yet they all work from the same deppo

Bin men here are decent enough but we pay for our bins every time we get em emptied so we make damned sure we recycle as much as possible 10.50 for a black bin (household waste) 4.50 for recycling bin and 5euro a month for the pleasure of having a bin at all so we aim to only put bins out once every 6wks

We have pink sacks (26 provided free per year) for recyclable stuff (except glass, which goes in a blue box, and batteries which go in a small yellow bag). Landfill stuff goes in black bags, which are not provided. Textiles are no longer collected - obviously we all started wearing biodegradable clothes without realising it.

Garden waste goes in a green bin (as long as branches are no bigger than 1.5cm in diameter), along with food waste (the fecking rows I've had that there's rabbit skins in there because we EAT the rest of them - they are, therefore, "food waste", no ?).

There's no limit on bags (yet !) but they won't empty the bin unless the lid is fully closed, and leaving bags on top of the bin seems to be sufficient for the contractors to demand a public flogging. The contents are checked and a sticker left on the unemptied bin if you commit even a minor 'refuse crime', such as not wrapping food waste in newspaper.

Jars and bottles have to be clean, with no lids or labels left on - no broken glass or other type of glass objects are allowed, as this also constitutes a semi-criminal act. Pink sacks containing non-recycleable materials are wilfully abandoned outside the offenders house - they are semi-transparent to allow swift public humiliation of the perpetrators, who of course don't give a flying f*** and leave the bags there for weeks !

Then, when I've done most of their job for them, and our streets look like a Third World shanty town, they roll up and chuck it all, unsorted, into the back of their lorry, before driving away leaving a trail behind them - presumably so they can find their way back next week !

At least they have been banned from putting soft toys on the front of their lorry - not only did this look stupid, but it "could encourage small children to run into the road"......(true !)

Isn't progress marvellous ?

• Like 2

Bin men here are decent enough but we pay for our bins every time we get em emptied so we make damned sure we recycle as much as possible 10.50 for a black bin (household waste) 4.50 for recycling bin and 5euro a month for the pleasure of having a bin at all so we aim to only put bins out once every 6wks

Our green bin gets picked up twice a month for free and the black bin is 8 50 a lift and the odd time i leave a black bag beside it an they take it no prob

I wouldn't piss on mine if they were on fire .......one in particular rummages through the bin hoping to find an excuse not to take it but if stand on the door and watch him he bottles it and takes it ...even though the local council stated our binmen would not be told to examine them !!!

• Like 1