Sign in to follow this  
Jekyll

Digging Kit

What do you lads carry with you..

I don't mean the obvious spade, fork, locator, torch, chain, nets etc.... just all the other tools that have been handy and got you out the shit, folding saw things like these..

Thanks Jek

Bit of kit I take with is a forked stick with pice of string tied across the two prongs very useful for getting fox out of tube to despatch or scruff if it sat back a bit push stick up tube fox strikes at it then twist stick and string tightens round top muzzle then draw back to shoot or scruff also seen it done with a net on a stick a couple of times but forked stick been good to me a few times.

• Like 4

Bog roll

That's what trouser and shirt pockets are for, they're not a fashion statement, they're an essentiall piece of kit.

Try two pairs of socks, wipe your arse on one of them, tie them around a branch and let the weather clean them off for your next shit !

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 8

I take some bread crusts or something like that.

I throw them down the hole so the dog goes in. Won't go in otherwise, and then I put shovel behind him. He has to find another way out then and hopefully he will bump into a fox.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

Bog roll

That's what trouser and shirt pockets are for, they're not a fashion statement, they're an essentiall piece of kit.

Try two pairs of socks, wipe your arse on one of them, tie them around a branch and let the weather clean them off for your next shit !

i have been there with the trouser pocket option hahaha

Sports bottle of water, so the dog can get a drink straight after, and something sweet for the dog too, for after the hard work is done, bog roll, 1st aid kit,

• Like 1

A medical box for the dogs you never know when ya going to need it . Soft digging tools hard digging tools . Food water .

Used a trouser pocket once as a bandage when charlie bit my mate. Hell of a job catching him to put it on though, screaming and running about like a tit. Good laugh though!!

• Like 4

Bit of kit I take with is a forked stick with pice of string tied across the two prongs very useful for getting fox out of tube to despatch or scruff if it sat back a bit push stick up tube fox strikes at it then twist stick and string tightens round top muzzle then draw back to shoot or scruff also seen it done with a net on a stick a couple of times but forked stick been good to me a few times.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol::thumbs: always one aint there :yes: