Jobs - Love 'em? Hate 'em?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gobbling off........kind of bars are you working the door at?..?

I had a proper job years ago, hated it ! Then when I worked for myself you just had to work when the earner presented itself, this has involved cancelling holidays 2 days before you are due to fly, w

During the Autumn/Winter months,.into the early Spring,..I trap moles and honour a few contracts, to control rabbits/squirrels, etc... When the weather starts to warm up,..I go on the Wasps....   B

Posted Images

I work part-time to fund myself through Uni. My current job is so so. On one hand, it's very boring, and sometimes it feels like time is going backwards, The job is just staring at a screen all day, and the constant bureaucracy is very frustrating. Not to mention the pay is just a tad over minimum wage, and opportunities to advance aren't good. On the other hand, the hours are very flexible, they're a good bunch who work there, and there's very little pressure.

I got my HGV licence a while ago, and through working bits and bobs, I really enjoy it. I've decided to take on a driving job for the time-being, starting next week, as the money is much better than what I currently get, along with the feeling of relative freedom of being on the road. Some will criticise me for starting a driving job, but at the end of the day, I can try it, and if it doesn't work out, I just leave.

• Like 1

end up with a hump on yer back working.better off few quid here and there ime 650 a month plus rent paid before i get out of bed.people call it living of the state but if their giving handouts till refugees we might as well be at the front of the q.

Your a scum bag, trouble is you probably have kids which means you've passed your low life way of living to them. Which in turn means you've breed a family full of scroungers.
knock it off fellas, lets have one thread where it don't descend onto those political lines that get so neatly laid out for us to argue over! :laugh:

Been a good thread, on my phone so cant quote properly but it was interesting when the lads brought up the money vs enjoyment side of things. That's probably the reason I started this thread. :yes: Didn't know it at the time but I've been constantly asking myself that same question for a while now me and the wife have gone our separate ways. :thumbs:

Me & the mrs have probably sacrificed around a 1000 euros a month for our present way of living..............yes we could have that money, but it would compromise our lifestyle to the point of not being worth it.......

Quality of life can often be greater than your bank balance..............as we've found out ;-)

That's the best post on here by a long shot........Nans Pat is a close second ! Lol

I'm enjoying fencing at the moment. I've not been stuck on any sites lately, lots of small jobs for local councils. If the weather would just give us a break I'd be pretty happy.

Lucky you got it easy I see...
Easy is not a word I'd use for fencing....Scott..
Yeh but you wouldn't use the word 'hard' either......;-)

It's a very physical job. Digging, chapping.....harder than lots of jobs I'd say.

I'm enjoying fencing at the moment. I've not been stuck on any sites lately, lots of small jobs for local councils. If the weather would just give us a break I'd be pretty happy.

Lucky you got it easy I see...
Easy is not a word I'd use for fencing....Scott..
Yeh but you wouldn't use the word 'hard' either......;-)

It's a very physical job. Digging, chapping.....harder than lots of jobs I'd say.

Hardest job on sites these days by far had a brickie out working with us he underestimated big time. Good job if you don't mind putting the graft in

Put a nice fence up they other day. Used one of those drills for the soil don't know what it called? Made the job easier. But Hod carrier for me is the hardest job, I like to see the fencing lads load out 1000 6inch conks, no chance lol.

When I was 16/17 I used to think the only job as hard as fencing was the brickies labourer. Mixing all day and dishing it out. Forklift does it all now so fencing is the hardest...?

• Like 1