we seem to park our cars in the same garage as they say.

That sounds very gay ..........

i didnt like to say incase brookie jumped in

doesnt bother me pal in the slightest ..joshuas being very carefully managed ,so much so hes won a commonwealth title for example if you get my drift .in the whyte fight his limitations were there for all to see .the problem his backers have now is getting their investment back before hes down the David Price road im afraid .i remember all the hullaballoo on here concerning price and every one shouting from the rafters he was the next coming and i said all along hes going no-where and getting loads of stick all the time well im saying it here again ,as soon as joshuas stepped up its game over ..

maybe so, but at the moment apart from haye there no other heavyweights that will stop him, and if they hold him back for 2 years , maybe then he might beat haye . AJ will be heavyweight champ of the world in 3 years time anyway . :yes:

• Like 2

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a good honest scrap that was it was a shame he missed the count as he now has a stoppage on his record as opposed to a decision loss but it was a very entertaining fight fought in great spirit be

I think winning Olympic gold was always gonna put him in the lime light mate, no avoiding it I'm afraid

Look at Audley Harrison mate...   I've a feeling there's a bit more about Joshua though, some people are decrying his performance against Whyte, but I thought that was exactly the sort of fight he

I'm a fan of (watching) boxing, but know little to nothing about the technical side of it, so here's a genuine question.

Why is Joshua "not ready" for the big time yet? Why does he need another couple of years to mature? He's 26, so hardly a kid.

I understand you need to progress little by little, but I'm pretty sure a lot of fighters were fighting for titles long before that age.

Is this different for different fighters? Or is it the "new" way of doing things?

oi its a well used saying round here......anyway i keep getting told i need to work on my feminine side but im finding it a fine line between gentle and camp......i suppose i could always have a nice pretty Cheryl Cole tattoo on my hand that will do the trick :whistling:

• Like 1

oi its a well used saying round here......anyway i keep getting told i need to work on my feminine side but im finding it a fine line between gentle and camp......i suppose i could always have a nice pretty Cheryl Cole tattoo on my hand that will do the trick :whistling:
There's a well used saying around here aswell.can I rim you.i think in your neck of the woods its.

We seem to park our cars in the same garage.

• Like 1

There's a well used saying around here aswell.can I rim you.i think in your neck of the woods its.

You must mix in some very strange circles :hmm:

• Like 1

You must mix in some very strange circles :hmm:
I heard it on the grapevine fella.

Martin v Hibbert fight was quality fight. Great respect shown from 2 fighters :thumbs:

What a good honest scrap that was it was a shame he missed the count as he now has a stoppage on his record as opposed to a decision loss but it was a very entertaining fight fought in great spirit between friends which itself is not an easy thing to do.......real good night of boxing all the local lads had good displays it will be a great boxing venue over the coming years.

Walshie he has only had 15 fights and fought at domestic level.

Yeah, I understand that bit. My question is why?

Age is irrelevant its experience that counts.......like any new pro it takes a while to get rid of the amateur traits.......new pros dont do hard sparring anymore they get their main experience in competetive paid fights whereas years ago you had sparring partners who would earn their living by testing the big name fighters of the day....today those paid sparring partners are called journeyman pros and are used by the big names to pad out unbeaten records......its all about money in that way the big name,the journeyman and the promoter all get paid for something that years ago took place in a gym !........living the life of a pro fighter 24/7 can be a major adjustment and takes time for some lads as it can be a difficult transition.......you look at the fresh faces of some of these young lads today and you can see they have never been in a tough fight in their life....amateurs dont really sit down on their punches as its about scoring points so because gym wars are a thing of the past now the first hard punch a fresh young pro takes will often be the first hard punch they have ever taken so they need such careful guidance.......i dont think its right but its the times we live in.

• Like 5

Lol touché .......

• Like 2

Martin v Hibbert fight was quality fight. Great respect shown from 2 fighters :thumbs:

What a good honest scrap that was it was a shame he missed the count as he now has a stoppage on his record as opposed to a decision loss but it was a very entertaining fight fought in great spirit between friends which itself is not an easy thing to do.......real good night of boxing all the local lads had good displays it will be a great boxing venue over the coming years.

Walshie he has only had 15 fights and fought at domestic level.

Yeah, I understand that bit. My question is why?

Age is irrelevant its experience that counts.......like any new pro it takes a while to get rid of the amateur traits.......new pros dont do hard sparring anymore they get their main experience in competetive paid fights whereas years ago you had sparring partners who would earn their living by testing the big name fighters of the day....today those paid sparring partners are called journeyman pros and are used by the big names to pad out unbeaten records......its all about money in that way the big name,the journeyman and the promoter all get paid for something that years ago took place in a gym !........living the life of a pro fighter 24/7 can be a major adjustment and takes time for some lads as it can be a difficult transition.......you look at the fresh faces of some of these young lads today and you can see they have never been in a tough fight in their life....amateurs dont really sit down on their punches as its about scoring points so because gym wars are a thing of the past now the first hard punch a fresh young pro takes will often be the first hard punch they have ever taken so they need such careful guidance.......i dont think its right but its the times we live in.

Thanks. :thumbs:

gnasher i remember you saying a lad named jon ryder will be a good boxer so switched on to watch him last night and noticed a shady looking character sitting in the audience in a black hat with kevin mitchell lol ryder looks good that was a tough guy he faught.why do you argue with guys on here gnash i know you like to talk lol but don't you get fed up arguing

gnasher i remember you saying a lad named jon ryder will be a good boxer so switched on to watch him last night and noticed a shady looking character sitting in the audience in a black hat with kevin mitchell lol ryder looks good that was a tough guy he faught.why do you argue with guys on here gnash i know you like to talk lol but don't you get fed up arguing

please don't tell me he wears a trilby :big_boss:

please don't tell me he wears a trilby :big_boss:

Black leather studded cap.
  • Like 1