• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a good honest scrap that was it was a shame he missed the count as he now has a stoppage on his record as opposed to a decision loss but it was a very entertaining fight fought in great spirit be

I think winning Olympic gold was always gonna put him in the lime light mate, no avoiding it I'm afraid

Look at Audley Harrison mate...   I've a feeling there's a bit more about Joshua though, some people are decrying his performance against Whyte, but I thought that was exactly the sort of fight he

Stone me is it comic relief day again already !

Do you know Tom Baker gnash ? he was going to buy a terrier off me before Xmas and we spoke a few times at length on the phone,he came across as a real nice kid and I hope he does well,he was saying his brother runs a few lurchers, I tried to pm you this but it would not go, Plucky

so who did you have your eye on the other night gnash do you still sponsor boxers ? any future tips who i should put a few sheckles on lol don't you think aj is to much like bruno robotic i no you rate bruno but aj has to be better than that to win the world championship

I wouldnt say sponsor is the right word Peter....i know how hard it is to be a young pro people tend to think its a glamourous life where you train,fight then have an interview before driving home in a flash car but the reality is the life of a young fighter is a terribly lonely existence full of worry and doubt.....most pros still have to do a day job as they simply dont earn enough when they first come into the pro game but still have all the expenses of travel/diet/time off work etc....can any young fighter really dedicate themself in the right way when he,s doing 8 - 5 in a sausage factory !......dont get me wrong im not Mother Theresa theres a small percentage of a fighters career earnings coming back so it works for everyone and keeps me interested....its not just me plenty of people invest in fighters ....any tips....yes dont bet :D

Frank was a completely different type of fighter to Joshua the fact they are both good physical specimens is where the comparison ends.....Joshua can be a nasty street kid he has that spite in his locker whereas duking it out in a slugfest never came natural to Frank he was predictable in his movements and kept things simple......simple but very effective.....and he had a great desire and determination to succeed............Joshua is a powerful young man who hits hard and correctly......beyond that who knows at this stage.

gnasher i have a pint with an old sparring mate of yours sometimes paul lister he describes the sport just like you do not all show and glamour it is different when you have been there from what we see on tv i hope aj becomes world champion i just don't think he will yet

Do you know Tom Baker gnash ? he was going to buy a terrier off me before Xmas and we spoke a few times at length on the phone,he came across as a real nice kid and I hope he does well,he was saying his brother runs a few lurchers, I tried to pm you this but it would not go, Plucky

I wouldnt say i know him particularly well he,s only a kid 21/22 i knew his brother Mark well from years back he just missed out on a British title...or uncle/cousin was it i forget now they are a big travelling family he,s a good boxer though Tom and he,s in good hands so as you say hopefully he,ll do well.....he made the same cardinal sin i made as an amateur by going from West Ham to Repton it was a hanging offence years ago but they seem to get away with it now.

gnasher i have a pint with an old sparring mate of yours sometimes paul lister he describes the sport just like you do not all show and glamour it is different when you have been there from what we see on tv i hope aj becomes world champion i just don't think he will yet

He was a good fighter Paul and will have the same education of the game i had....its the same as anything folk whos education comes from books and telly will know every fighter in the top 20 from everywhere in the world but ask them to do 1 round on the heavy bag or jumping rope and they,ll be blowing out their arse......i read the West Ham program from cover to cover every saturday but i wouldnt claim to know anything about football tactics :D as regards Joshua....id like to see him become champion as well.....but then id like all British fighters to become champions....as raw inexperienced pros its impossible to tell.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

Eddie Hearn has just said that if Martin wants it on the 9th of April he can have it...Charles Martins people said last week they would be willing to fight Joshua over here for the IBF belt...so could well be on...if no one prices themselves out...straight for the title is a bold move for Joshua...but at least this would be pay per view worth...cant blame em...Martin looked poor when he won the title...BUT...he is a southpaw...and Joshua looked bad against southpaws in the amateurs and was put on his arse with a left hander from Whyte...and wobbled from the same in the British title fight...so its a gamble...hope it comes off