English Bull And Their Crosses Thread.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

both of the above are litter brothers and have E/B in their blood..1/4 if i can recall corectly.     E/B x russell.was a very good dog for his work.     my 1st x E/B Benson.Worked hard and w

a good bitch in her day  

This one was a handy rabbiter alright lol

Posted Images

the 2 fellas that I know keep this type don't keep it for the names or romanticism of old breed, or to sit on the THL talking cyber. they keep it because they were offered pups for free to work and work hard and when they don't...they wont be there. No if ands or excuses.... saying remember he or her did this or its out of that.... some of these men also keep blacks,....and its the same thing....they only keep them because they get every fox accounted for shallow or deep....not because of pastence, names or money!

Imagine that eh!

the 2 fellas that I know keep this type don't keep it for the names or romanticism of old breed, or to sit on the THL talking cyber. they keep it because they were offered pups for free to work and work hard and when they don't...they wont be there. No if ands or excuses.... saying remember he or her did this or its out of that.... some of these men also keep blacks,....and its the same thing....they only keep them because they get every fox accounted for shallow or deep....not because of pastence, names or money!

Imagine that eh!

I can't... Too far fetched! ;)

BGD she was quiet the opposite,really laid back and placid,but show her a hole in the ground and fuk me she turned psychotic,very intense where her work was concerned,she became a firm favourite of my family when we had her,slept in front of the fire and was agreat pet too,but believe me we did give her a lot of work and she never flinched,always up for a bit of sport in the country

Sounds like one of those dogs that only comes along once in a lifetime.

Did she produce anything as good as herself?

terriersoflongago015.jpg

Pet-1.jpg

heres a bitch we worked and bred from,she was half english bull,and the 2 reasons we bred from her was she worked ,and worked hard and she was ONLY half english bull.She had pit and staff in her also which gave her the essential ingridient to make her what she was.I tried 6 other E/B's over a long period of time after her demise to see if I could get another close to her drive and determination,ALL of them were utter curs.I did ask about for a time to see if there were any slinking about in the background but never found any worthy of feeding.I wouldnt even contemplate using one these days,even if they worked,cause i reckon they'd be a one off,not enough working lines behind them to justify taking the gamble.

I rekon it was the ebt that fired up the other 2 in the cross lolololol. a good cross to start a line of ebts with

• Like 1

BGD she was quiet the opposite,really laid back and placid,but show her a hole in the ground and fuk me she turned psychotic,very intense where her work was concerned,she became a firm favourite of my family when we had her,slept in front of the fire and was agreat pet too,but believe me we did give her a lot of work and she never flinched,always up for a bit of sport in the country

unfortunately an opportunity wasted in time,i never bred her to any other bull type dog.we had 3 litters from her all to the same terrier.If I had sense and the hindsight to realise we could have created a few decent bull terriers from her I should have gone down that road,all that mattered at the time was digging dogs.

• Like 1

Not insulting anyone or their dogs.

How long has it been since there was new EBT blood put into that family of terrier Sounder ?

And there's nothing wrong with a terrier just being a sounder, nothing whatsoever.

Are all those Cork white dogs sounders ?

And do they all make the grade ?

neil ,i think your mind is made up on the ebt ,it wont be changed. I respect your opnion.

All im sayin is there was plenty of terriers down here and still are with that breed in them and they were and are good dogs.

when you say that family of terrier i dont know what you mean ? Theres not just one strain of white terrier in cork .

Are all those cork white dogs sounders? no.

And do they all make the grade? no they dont ,but do all paterdales make the grade?

Im not one for reading up on the science of breeding dogs neil but you asked me what can the bull add to a terrier?

In my opinion,fire, simple as that,puts a bit of fire in them,and a quater is enough. now, you never answered me why were they put into the wheaten and

why was the staff not used?

To answer the question why was EBT put into SOME wheatens ?

I don't know is my answer.

But IMO for EBT to be introduced nowadays to any line of terrier, strongdog or lurcher would be silly as there's much better solutions out there than to use a non working breed of curs.

And that's the last I'll say on that issue because there's folk starting to think I'm insulting certain dogs. I'm not.

Thats grand neil, ive a half bull pup here ,il send him up to ya in the mornin.

• Like 1

unfortunately an opportunity wasted in time,i never bred her to any other bull type dog.we had 3 litters from her all to the same terrier.If I had sense and the hindsight to realise we could have created a few decent bull terriers from her I should have gone down that road,all that mattered at the time was digging dogs.

A real shame that sounds like she could of been useful in improving the EBT, sounds a real handy bitch. I assume the pups off the terrier mating were pretty special if you went back to it 3 times

Ebt crosses I think a lot of years ago, a few of the older boys especially in Ireland put them into there terriers (russels) maybe because of the colour but also because of a very good old dog with a name for him self over there... I been to Ireland an dug some of the older lads ebt x russels an yes they were out an out digging dogs but them dogs only had about 1/8 -16th ebt in them then, so they had already had the hard work done for them? Imo... the clever lads who have kept a good line of them an line bred the workers an done the right thing with the culls have still got somethig going an hopefully I will have a bitch off a breeding of this type early this year... Any one trying thesee days from a first x mating with a ebt x imo is daft an fantising an they will only get lucky an produce something good if there terriers past it over..... I took a ebt x greyhound on few seasons ago when I was low on dogs, the father the ebt x was I told worked with terriers an was a good dog , the dog I took on a first x I was told was a very good dog I sent it baxk after the first night out with it, obviously other lads standards are very different with the pures an half xs.... to me if it wernt done with good lads years back it not getting done now ! an it's done for looks an profit ✌️

• Like 2

How long has it been since there was new EBT blood put into that family of terrier Sounder ?

And there's nothing wrong with a terrier just being a sounder, nothing whatsoever.

neil ,i think your mind is made up on the ebt ,it wont be changed. I respect your opnion.

All im sayin is there was plenty of terriers down here and still are with that breed in them and they were and are good dogs.

when you say that family of terrier i dont know what you mean ? Theres not just one strain of white terrier in cork .

And do they all make the grade? no they dont ,but do all paterdales make the grade?

Im not one for reading up on the science of breeding dogs neil but you asked me what can the bull add to a terrier?

In my opinion,fire, simple as that,puts a bit of fire in them,and a quater is enough. now, you never answered me why were they put into the wheaten and

But IMO for EBT to be introduced nowadays to any line of terrier, strongdog or lurcher would be silly as there's much better solutions out there than to use a non working breed of curs.

And that's the last I'll say on that issue because there's folk starting to think I'm insulting certain dogs. I'm not.

he'll not appropriate that offer sounder ?? Hes disrespectful of the jean no point of going down that road chum

Ebt crosses I think a lot of years ago, a few of the older boys especially in Ireland put them into there terriers (russels) maybe because of the colour but also because of a very good old dog with a name for him self over there... I been to Ireland an dug some of the older lads ebt x russels an yes they were out an out digging dogs but them dogs only had about 1/8 -16th ebt in them then, so they had already had the hard work done for them? Imo... the clever lads who have kept a good line of them an line bred the workers an done the right thing with the culls have still got somethig going an hopefully I will have a bitch off a breeding of this type early this year... Any one trying thesee days from a first x mating with a ebt x imo is daft an fantising an they will only get lucky an produce something good if there terriers past it over..... I took a ebt x greyhound on few seasons ago when I was low on dogs, the father the ebt x was I told worked with terriers an was a good dog , the dog I took on a first x I was told was a very good dog I sent it baxk after the first night out with it, obviously other lads standards are very different with the pures an half xs.... to me if it wernt done with good lads years back it not getting done now ! an it's done for looks an profit ✌️

my point all along was that this breed has been put into good dogs, you say an 8th a 16 th, and what about it ? its stll english bull.

I know very well it wasnt a trial dog ,you still cant discredit its use in terriers. Your on about breeding dogs from scratch ?

How many working staffs are goin now that you would breed off ? Hind sight is a great thing isnt it? sure everyone is an expert now on THL .what about the men who put down the foundations for what we know now through actually giving things a chance and not reading books about james hinks , bert cripton ,or the trials?

They were the men who done it ,and they were the men who put english bull in theyre terriers . now f off the lot of yee

• Like 3

my point all along was that this breed has been put into good dogs, you say an 8th a 16 th, and what about it ? its stll english bull.

I know very well it wasnt a trial dog ,you still cant discredit its use in terriers. Your on about breeding dogs from scratch ?

How many working staffs are goin now that you would breed off ? Hind sight is a great thing isnt it? sure everyone is an expert now on THL .what about the men who put down the foundations for what we know now through actually giving things a chance and not reading books about james hinks , bert cripton ,or the trials?

They were the men who done it ,and they were the men who put english bull in theyre terriers . now f off the lot of yee

good post sounder, it would be a hard do but surely the expert could get a decent like going by using staff or terrier in the mix. I'm a fan of an under dog lol

Are an ebt and pit bull not around the same size.?

ive seen pits from 27lb upto 80lb every english bull i see look like they have swollowed a barrel

There is 2 in town both like you describe and the tri colour was very dog aggressive,even tried taking on the American bulldog wife used to have, in fact I only see the woman walking the White one now.