What's For New Year Dinner?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The wifes making home made steak pie just now , just time to walk the mutts them tea time

my mrs sister was a manergeress at a KFC a few years back she told me that if the chicken started to stink they would wash it in vinegar...I haven't had one since enjoy cushty

Well, I`m having Partridge ;-)

Posted Images

Ironman steak, sweet potatoe fries with a courgette and onion mixnot forgetting the garlic and parsley butter.

whats an ironman steak?

It's a cut similar in texture and taste to sirloin but half the price. I think it comes of the shoulder probably have to check that for sure. Depending where it cut off the joint it may be a bit stringy but not very often.

It has replaced rump and sirloin for me. 3-4 mins each side on a griddle does it nicely.

Won't top a decent t bone/sirloin though lol.

• Like 1

Ironman steak, sweet potatoe fries with a courgette and onion mixnot forgetting the garlic and parsley butter.

whats an ironman steak?

It's a cut similar in texture and taste to sirloin but half the price. I think it comes of the shoulder probably have to check that for sure. Depending where it cut off the joint it may be a bit stringy but not very often.

It has replaced rump and sirloin for me. 3-4 mins each side on a griddle does it nicely.

cheers brewman il have to inquire with my butcher , could be really helpfull for me since i have steak 3-4 times a week

Edited by chris87

Don't know what I'm having yet! The wife's bad in bed and I'm looking after the kids so the mother in law has made us a dinner,bless her and the father in law is bringing it round so soon know...

whats an ironman steak?

cheers brewman il have to inquire with my butcher , could be really helpfull for me since i have steak 3-4 times a week

I don't k ow if my butcher just calls it that but I'll be seeing g him tomorrow so I'll ask to be sure.

whats an ironman steak?

I don't k ow if my butcher just calls it that but I'll be seeing g him tomorrow so I'll ask to be sure.

cheers brewman

Beef Wellington , from aldi , very nice after a gallon in the local . I even bumped into local hunt on way down to pub and had all the riding girlies in and out of pub using the piss house lol . as my mate in the pub said "only here (UK) can a woman in full hunting attire call in pub to use toilet and nobody look twice lol"

Edited by yorkshire
  • Like 1