Old School Lamps

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not being fully satisfied, with the commercially produced , imported spotlights on offer,...I once thought it a great idea to design my own prefered type of hunting light,...I found a local company an

All old school lamps I had was all hand made, wish I still had mine but. Had some bloody good nights with It, Consisted of a Morris minor head light with a motor bike handle some how stuck to it with

Fancy that happening,,

Posted Images

All old school lamps I had was all hand made, wish I still had mine but. Had some bloody good nights with It, Consisted of a Morris minor head light with a motor bike handle some how stuck to it with, a bloody heavy car battery the other end.

Cloths and jackets didn't last that long with acid swilling around my mum used to go mad about it lol

• Like 8

Night blaster with a kitchen light switch on the handle to bypass the clunk click button on top and crocodile clips for the terminals on the motorbike battery... It was like carrying a frying pan and at the end of the night you could have chewed my leg as it felt half cooked from acid lol :-(

Il try find it

• Like 2

Still have several of my older lamps, the Coleman on the left and i also have the smaller 400,000cp Coleman and to the right the BEST lamp EVER!! The Super Cibie Oscar,when i say i caught alot of gear with that lamp i mean alot into tens of thousands of critters..will go to my grave with me will that baby haha..

20151119_125811_zpscivccr2m.jpg

• Like 8

Super Cibie .. that was a lens mate. My old mate's still got mine in the cupboard..with the Barber jacket full of rotten holes down the back from the bike batteries. Doorbell button for the on/off switch.

1st one was one of them square ones with the coiled springy leads for car inspection lamps from Halfords.. . Now that had some spread...heheee

Edited by vin

Super Cibie .. that was a lens mate. My old mate's still got mine in the cupboard..with the Barber jacket full of rotten holes down the back from the bike batteries. Doorbell button for the on/off switch.

1st one was one of them square ones with the coiled springy leads for car inspection lamps from Halfords.. . Now that had some spread...heheee

Them square lamps were shite haha but we all had em haha..these young uns have never lived mate lol..."when we were lads" lmao

• Like 3

I did a hell of alot of lamping with those square lamps....they must have been about 50,000 cp at the best! A fiver i think they were but to a boy who had no money, a fiver was alot of money! :D

I tried several car spotlights but none were as good as the old Lucas....

• Like 1

I use to use the Lucas LR9, i still use the BlueEye, and the Coleman 400,000, i have a brand new still boxed 1 million candle power lamp with the handle what turns into a tripod, the ones in the 80,s what you could buy from Argos, big lamp like a Blitz, to be honest i prefer the old school type lamps there more robust, and made better than alot of lamps made today. regards collie john.

• Like 3