Another Plummer

Money in terriers is always going to be a point to argue over. Iv only ever paid money for 1 dog and that was a plummer. Because I wanted to try one and I didn't know anyone that had them.

But every other terrier iv had has been gifted. And belive it or not most of them by lads that I never met untill I went to pick the pup up.

Some probably asked around to see if I was legit and able to give the pup the work it deserved. Some I spoke to several times on the phone or over the net. But never was money mentioned.

Iv got a pup out in the Kennels now that was given to me by what most would call a big name. He has been in books etc. And his name is well known for keeping very good dogs. He could have sold that pup for a £1000 but he didn't.

Maybe we are wrong in the head, but what I will say is if any of those lads ever needed anything and I could help, I would. When I breed a litter they are the first on my list. And if in 20 years time they want a pup it's there's.

So keep your money, I'll stick to the way I do it. And long may it continue.

• Like 11

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Money in terriers is always going to be a point to argue over. Iv only ever paid money for 1 dog and that was a plummer. Because I wanted to try one and I didn't know anyone that had them. But ever

Im only winding you up pal luke you did with fireman I must say you bit a lot harder on an empty hook than fireman did pmsl and there's a saying were im from,if you can't take it don't give it atb wit

This hunting life is becoming an absolute shambles,bitching over the price of a terrier,if you don't like the price look else where.My pal has just paid over a grand for a French Bulldog for his missu

I dont see what the problem is with a lad thats willing to sell a well bred pup at a price iv bought enough over the years some workout some dont but its the chance ya take iv known lads pay what some would call silly money for dogs but they got workers the way they look at it is they would spend it over a weekend on the piss anyway.

• Like 1

Cargol......Spot on mate .

Keith .....you have admitted you never pts which to me speaks volumes about the way you and your clique regard the working abilities of your wards but only my opinion .Instead of throwing it all back ,blaming egos and whatever ,look at the bigger picture within your chosen breed and ask yourself if would better without the price tag .

Just for the record mate ,ive given plenty of pups to strangers who are now mates .

• Like 1

You buy a dog, fair and square, it's yours. You feed it, worm it, etc, house it, walk and persevere and then go through more, hunting and trying. Your not doing it for some else to make money on you, or boost their getting a name for themselves, selling dogs for big money

• Like 1

It's good that gifting a dog fd, and trying it and a pup back if stuck or needed a dog, but the a lot of people out there who say nothing and have a buyer lined up when it suits them after you getting it good or only half decent and then with no real concern on Decent digging to it the want it back for breeding soon, a average Fox dog, lot of fault. Plus if you lost it, etc, with one you never know the truth and people lying or not

• Like 1

Keith get in the bushing section we not talking about terriers that just shake rats

Funny,I thought it was about Plummers-you know,the ratting ones.....Remember what I quoted before-a wise man speaks because he has something to say,a fool speaks because he has to say something.

Can you tell the subtle difference in the quote?

• Like 2

I agree, the best dogs arent sold but gifted. From my experience, every pup ive had has been paid for and ive never had a dog that would work. But one thing i couldnt do is pass my failures on. Its hypocritical of you if you sell or gift away a failure but in the next breath complain about a lack of good dogs.

• Like 1

Most people that pay hundreds of pounds for dogs starting out can't be up to much because you would normally start off young go with someone local u r old man's mate anything you would do a bit with them and then the time would come you would want a pup so the first person to ask then would be the guy you have been digging with he would probably sort you out then with a pup then off either him or someone he knows well and then you got a start but if u r not up to much and untrustworthy with dogs they won't sort you out then so out comes the wallet buy a nice bitch and cause u r not up to much anyway in the first place from the start they start selling pups off then from unproven terriers and then you get terriers being bred from then for money and it then like a merry go round .as if you were tidy you would never be short of a dog and wouldn't be on the wrong road that's speaking from experience not just something I've heard

• Like 1

Foxbolter. Not everyone is born into the digging game. Some like myself came to it later in life for some reason or another.

I couldn't have terriers in my youth as I was in the army so couldn't keep them.

Don't be so quick to write everyone off.

• Like 3

Proud as punch fd and rich as an Arab sheikh. See, you guys are doing it all wrong-you can't beat taking a couple of grand off some youngster who hasn't read your post about going out with old guys and cadging a free pup. When the youngsters pup has it's first season you get him to breed from it and buy the litter back at 'working mens price' and punt them out for £2000!

Bunch of mugs you guys giving all that wonga away....