The Brown Rat

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Loathed by most,loved by a few,an unworthy opponent to some terrier men, yet a more than worthy opponent by others.Some like to kill the odd few now and then, others like myself hunt them on a weekly

Most of mine too.

foxbolter i'm not going to get pulled in to a debate over how strong a rat is or is not,ive bin working terriers for over 35 years and over twenty on other quarry, so i'll have my opinion and you have

Posted Images

Seems a few are knocking your dogs Keith (not me) but I know one thing they can never knock your pics outstanding mate

To be honest bud i couldn't care less what folk on here think of my dogs,they don't no me nor have they seen my dogs work.But folk are entitled to there opinions ,granted most talk from there backsides ,however there are some that know there stuff and it comes across in there post's.I always try and give an honest account of what i do with my dogs ,and some folk may think that's bigging them up ,again that's there opinion.Myself however have a passion for all working dogs whether it be terriers ,lurchers,collies ect,and don't find the need to slag another man's dogs or chosen sport.I'll keep doing what i enjoy doing and i'll continue sharing for the folk that enjoy my days and nights out,so every now and then i'll stick some pics up.FD sometimes i don't know which way to take you lol,but i'll take that last post as a positive :thumbs: .atb keith j.

• Like 9

Seems a few are knocking your dogs Keith (not me) but I know one thing they can never knock your pics outstanding mate

To be honest bud i couldn't care less what folk on here think of my dogs,they don't no me nor have they seen my dogs work.But folk are entitled to there opinions ,granted most talk from there backsides ,however there are some that know there stuff and it comes across in there post's.I always try and give an honest account of what i do with my dogs ,and some folk may think that's bigging them up ,again that's there opinion.Myself however have a passion for all working dogs whether it be terriers ,lurchers,collies ect,and don't find the need to slag another man's dogs or chosen sport.I'll keep doing what i enjoy doing and i'll continue sharing for the folk that enjoy my days and nights out,so every now and then i'll stick some pics up.FD sometimes i don't know which way to take you lol,but i'll take that last post as a positive :thumbs: .atb keith j.
Crack on mate!great thread this, happy hunting?
  • Like 1

One day Rats could be our only quarry , And Kieth " well " He will carry on as usual an enjoy his sport. .To knock someone and judge them for their choice of quarry.......quite sad in itself. .But to then demean them further an class them beneath ourselves. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .The times ahead of us will probably be a struggle. .There is only one type of terrier. A WORKING TERRIER. Regardless of type or "QUARRY". . We are all in this together, Constant sniping of another mans choice , Putting up divisions , Twisting words. .At a time when all dog men should stand together under one Banner. .As for Plummers I've never worked one , so have no Right to judge them. ATB. Tree hands.

• Like 15

Wish there were more people in the terrier world with your outlook Treehands,unfortunately there's not and i'm afraid there making a rod for there own backs and every body else's for that matter.I'm no novice to terrier work as ive owned and worked them longer than i can remember,JRT for twenty five years and they all went to ground .But even then i preferred ratting ,i love bushing lamping rabbits,took many a fox on the lamp before the ban. I've worked Plummers now for twelve year and they excel at what they do,far more switched on than my terriers before them.I don't work my dogs to ground and probably never will,but i do hunt rat ,bush rabbits ,flush for the falcons ,ferret' lamp rabbits with the collie's ,my point being i'm out there in the field working my dogs not spouting a load of shite.But after all said this is only the internet and take from it what you will.All the same thanks for the positive feedback and sharing pics,happy hunting all atb keith j.

Edited by keith j
  • Like 2