The Brown Rat

Nice one Keith as usual,no need for pm's now I can post as myself, is that Johnny's lad then, he looks a keen sort as it looks freezing there, dogs are looking driven in them pics, see where "Wilf" gets it from,no half measures LOL's, WM

• Like 1

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Loathed by most,loved by a few,an unworthy opponent to some terrier men, yet a more than worthy opponent by others.Some like to kill the odd few now and then, others like myself hunt them on a weekly

Most of mine too.

foxbolter i'm not going to get pulled in to a debate over how strong a rat is or is not,ive bin working terriers for over 35 years and over twenty on other quarry, so i'll have my opinion and you have

Posted Images

Nice one Keith as usual,no need for pm's now I can post as myself, is that Johnny's lad then, he looks a keen sort as it looks freezing there, dogs are looking driven in them pics, see where "Wilf" gets it from,no half measures LOL's, WM

You bin allowed back on board then lol.Yeah that's Jonny's young lad,if you look closely carries his dads lugs good for hitting rats with lol.He loves it,he's into all wild life has a good head on his shoulders,think he's claimed Jonny's dog now ,which is not a bad thing with Jonny being off shore a lot.Take him along with me as much as i can good kid know moaning about the cold or wet just cracks on.Yes bud dogs got some drive they never stop ,young Grace is big part the team now giving a good account of her self .How's young wilf coming on ?atb keith j.

• Like 2

I couldn't be happier with him mate and just waiting for either "Miley" or"Roxy" to come in season to put him over them, I've promised to put him over another couple of lads Plummers as well and a "Patt", so he will be a busy boy this year, if you ever want a pup just say the word,

he is a great size and always covered in sh*te,I'm still struggling keeping him out of holes at the moment,if my back is turned then off he goes, he kills his fair share of any bag and is a real character, my missus loves him, WM

• Like 5

He's looking good,top pic double of Jen. Thanks for the offer bud,but my hands are full at this present time.Hoping to pick up a bit more permission soon if i get it happy days,can never get enough rats lol,keep up the good work atb keith j.

• Like 1

Another good do there Keith. Great quality images too.

Good to see youngsters getting involved.

Atb

It is CM,without the youngsters were all fecked,the future of terrier work ''no matter the type or work they do''depends on young ones coming into the field and learning the trade,and most importantly about the quarry there going to hunt and to respect it.Most folk who hunt are passionate about wild life any ways and it's good to pass our knowledge on.To much bullshit going on with folk bitching on over shite[make sure i keep the youngin away from reading the terrier section,feck me what will he think is this what huntings all about lol]after all we all want to preserve and keep our chosen sport going and having a good future for all dog work atb keith j.

• Like 3

One day Rats could be our only quarry , And Kieth " well " He will carry on as usual an enjoy his sport. .To knock someone and judge them for their choice of quarry.......quite sad in itself. .But to then demean them further an class them beneath ourselves. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .The times ahead of us will probably be a struggle. .There is only one type of terrier. A WORKING TERRIER. Regardless of type or "QUARRY". . We are all in this together, Constant sniping of another mans choice , Putting up divisions , Twisting words. .At a time when all dog men should stand together under one Banner. .As for Plummers I've never worked one , so have no Right to judge them. ATB. Tree hands.

too true, keep this thread up its getting better it nice to see pictures

Good thread Keith .Did you ever get that stoat done ?

Never got round to getting it stuffed yet bud,still in freezer,managed to pick him a canny little musket up from a taxidermist shop got it chucked in cheap with two pheasants i bought in a case by an old taxidermist called ''William Hall,he'll be long dead now.They were on show for years in Ramsay House Wooler.Will get round to it though atb keith j.

ratting with terriers is a fine sport and the rat a worthy opponent, the excitement both man and dog get at seeing a rat bolt never ceases to amaze me,terriers that hunt rats are tough little dogs that take a good bit of punishment from the hard biting rat during a days ratting especially if there's rats in number these dogs certainly earn there keep,Keith keep up the good work with them plummer terriers true sporting terriers.

Edited by deck
  • Like 1