The Brown Rat

Obviously a dog brought up as a rat hunter should run rings around a earth dog, I'm hoping that's what you meant?

Read the post properly bud,what exactly do you mean?run rings round what .A dog brought up as a rat hunter is exactly that.

I'm talking about you stating that Earth dogs don't make the best ratters, obviously a dog brought up solely as a ratter is going to perform better than an earth dog.

Where did i say that?what i said was my dogs turned a good pair of digging dogs owned by my pal inside out when ratting,and that's fact ,so once again will folk read the posts properly before posting.atb keith

What exactly do you mean by turned inside out?

Do i have to spell it out to you bud ,sure you know exactly what i mean...so good night.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Loathed by most,loved by a few,an unworthy opponent to some terrier men, yet a more than worthy opponent by others.Some like to kill the odd few now and then, others like myself hunt them on a weekly

Most of mine too.

foxbolter i'm not going to get pulled in to a debate over how strong a rat is or is not,ive bin working terriers for over 35 years and over twenty on other quarry, so i'll have my opinion and you have

Posted Images

post-76374-0-17021200-1447420765_thumb.jpgpost-76374-0-79877200-1447420954_thumb.jpgpost-76374-0-65571400-1447421019_thumb.jpgpost-76374-0-40464900-1447421061_thumb.jpgpost-76374-0-66677800-1447421415.jpgCouple more pics for the lads who enjoy them,the other;s well who cares any ways .Fox bolter hope you had a good nights sleep,and it's PLUMMER by the way,unless you know of another type?Fireman as always your honest in your posts,no ego..DOG FOX 123 i'm away for few days hunting with my inferior week pack to hunt rattus norvegicus and flush a few bunny for the falcons :victory: .thanks for the feed back from all, happy hunting now atb keith j.

• Like 7

Plumber terriers have good noses because of the beagle in them and stamina and their hard jaws to be able to kill big brown rats. I wonder if we had a infest of them giant rats what terriers would then be used especially if they have burrows that terrier and rat can fit down I don't think it would be many plumber terriers that could do it because they say their frightens of the dark and could they handle being bitten till dug too but there again they can kill hundred rats so they might do it or but there again have they been bred to go to ground I think I would use a different breed easier for giant rats

Try chipping your joint or shortening your lines a bit bud, the drugs are f***ing with your mind. :shok:

• Like 6

Foxbolter. You seem to be out just to cause an argument. You got nothing better to do.

Im not a fan of Plummers in general. But it's more the people that own them that are dreamers.

But to say all plummers are afraid of the dark is a stupid thing to say.

If your genuinely interested in being proved wrong them send me a PM and I'll show you a plummer that you can dig to day in day out.

But Iv got a feeling your not at all interested.

So how about you leave the plummer folk to enjoy there terriers and chosen sport.

• Like 7

No I am not very interested and I don't dig with strangers especially off here and if I'm truthful I have seen one plummer work . I just hate people talking rubbish of how u need a special terrier to kill rats and they have a hard bite and all the shut and that's all he's trying to do in his own little way is big the plummer terrier up for something it really isn't in my opinion the plummer terrier is in a very bad state in my opinion

• Like 1

The trouble with this internet lark is your preaching to the experienced ,the new starters ,the wannabees ,the wankers and the antis all at the same time .Anybody who hasn't seen more than 200 a day will be understandably bemused by talk of gameness when ratting as will a ratter be unable to comprehend a decent dig to a decent dog .Ratting to me is definitely a lesser challenge for a dog but no lesser a sport .It grates a bit when some think the plummer is the be all and end all when ratting as virtually any terrier will make the grade the difference is getting them out doing it which the plummer lads are good at .When a terrier gets to know a farm or ground it is virtually unbeatable on that patch as it knows the runs ,the likely escapes and only a fool matches a dog in such a place .Its a shame more plummers arnt tested proper but that's just my view .

• Like 15

For once 5 feet down I agree with you.Foxy 123 get a grip, comments like,well he did mention earth dogs?for fecks sake get down off your pedestals,grow a pair. Personally I couldn't give a shit what you do with your dog's or how deep you dig your holes,crack on. You and Foxy bolter want to team up think you'll make a cracking pair. And as for bigging plummers up haven't done that in this thread.As it stands there would be no other breed of terriers in my kennels, my choice, like to write a bit more but I'm out ratting ,yes lads killing fecking rats and I love it,so happy surfing guys atb Keith j

• Like 1

For once 5 feet down I agree with you.Foxy 123 get a grip, comments like,well he did mention earth dogs?for fecks sake get down off your pedestals,grow a pair. Personally I couldn't give a shit what you do with your dog's or how deep you dig your holes,crack on. You and Foxy bolter want to team up think you'll make a cracking pair. And as for bigging plummers up haven't done that in this thread.As it stands there would be no other breed of terriers in my kennels, my choice, like to write a bit more but I'm out ratting ,yes lads killing fecking rats and I love it,so happy surfing guys atb Keith j

I suppose a Plummer Terrier is all you'll ever need killing rats, enjoy your sport Rat Hunting Man....

• Like 1

Keith mate ,you need to re read the thread as you've done nothing but big up the plummer ,mainly yours granted and it seems you feel you are on another level to many when it comes to killing rats .I get the passion and I get the need to tell others but that's gone for me ,over and done with .Keep up the posts mate but maybe if you just keep to the sport youll not invite controversy .

• Like 4