Organ Donation

had the card in the post today from the welsh government, don`t object to organ donation as such but it should be my decision, not theirs, don`t the twats take enough when were alive as it is without claiming ownership of our corpses after death

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can take what they want from me when ime gone if it helps some one else to live not a problem

I read up about this before. I can see where you're coming from but that many people don't go on the list not because they don't want to donate it's because they never bothered, forgot, on the list of

It is a good idea all ways wanted to do it but some how for some odd reason couldn't put pen to paper now I don't have too and the wife knows I am up for it. When you see little kids in hospital waiti

I read up about this before. I can see where you're coming from but that many people don't go on the list not because they don't want to donate it's because they never bothered, forgot, on the list of things to do but haven't got to it yet.

More lives will be saved by the opt out system which is a good thing. The family as far as I'm aware will still be spoken to though and possibly their permission will be needed but just makes the approach easier for the donation. If I remember rightly parents consent will still be needed in event of a child's death.

One way to look at it is that for once a government are looking at how to save lives.

I know that if it was my child needing a transplant I'd be grateful for them to receive due to the opt out system.

• Like 5

Canny believe anyone would moan about such thing. When I'm dead they can take what they like.....probably not know nothing about it but to help someone out or even better save a life would be a great feeling.

Should be mandatory with an op out scheme...??

• Like 3

It is a good idea all ways wanted to do it but some how for some odd reason couldn't put pen to paper now I don't have too and the wife knows I am up for it. When you see little kids in hospital waiting for what ever how could you not really

Edited by terryd
  • Like 4

I'm on the donor list, tbh I can't remember signing up I think it was when I renewed my licence or such like, I ticked a box or something.

Point being?, I probably wouldn't have thought about it, always meaning to do it, probably like a lot of folk I 'm up for it but never got around to it. So opting out is probably a better option.

My view is that, if you would take an organ for yourself or a family member then you should be willing to give yours.

I'd add also, if an organ was available and needed by and suited two different people one on the donor list and one not, the person on the donor list should get priority.

• Like 1

Its a no from me...........Things you cant get an answer to on google.

How many British doctors are registered donors? .............no figures...............42% of Canadian doctors are registered donors.

How Many Welsh doctors have opted out? ...........no figures.

If its such a good thing, a noble act, why aren't all doctors automatically registered as donors?

You aren't dead, organs aren't much use if you're proper dead, very small window to harvest..............the rules are "two experienced doctors have to determine you are clinically dead, or brain stem dead.............muhammed and iqbual aren't getting that option on me, 1, there's a very high demand from ethnic communities for organs, self inflicted by inbreeding, 2, The muslim doctors association of GB oath, "To promote the islamic faith in medicine, and promote the health of muslims in the UK. Should be illegal under race laws, but its ignored by the BMA, government.

Its a bit harsh, but mending naturally faulty people just creates more faulty people, some medical conditions could be completely eradicated or greatly reduced by not letting carriers breed, Hemophilia for eg But no, we want to play god and weaken our own species, its not like we're endangered is it.

Its a no from me...........Things you cant get an answer to on google.

How many British doctors are registered donors? .............no figures...............42% of Canadian doctors are registered donors.

How Many Welsh doctors have opted out? ...........no figures.

If its such a good thing, a noble act, why aren't all doctors automatically registered as donors?

You aren't dead, organs aren't much use if you're proper dead, very small window to harvest..............the rules are "two experienced doctors have to determine you are clinically dead, or brain stem dead.............muhammed and iqbual aren't getting that option on me, 1, there's a very high demand from ethnic communities for organs, self inflicted by inbreeding, 2, The muslim doctors association of GB oath, "To promote the islamic faith in medicine, and promote the health of muslims in the UK. Should be illegal under race laws, but its ignored by the BMA, government.

Its a bit harsh, but mending naturally faulty people just creates more faulty people, some medical conditions could be completely eradicated or greatly reduced by not letting carriers breed, Hemophilia for eg But no, we want to play god and weaken our own species, its not like we're endangered is it.

f****n hell thats a bit grim.