Warned Today Off The Police

If you'd of lost your birds they wouldn't of given a toss mate . . if you took advice of today's police you'd leave the property unsecured a glass off mulled wine & a couple of mince pies for the intruders :) . . Keep the vigil up mate hopefully they'll of learned a lesson but don't drop your guard

ATB mate

• Like 2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive kept birds of prey for years,but with the increase of birds being stolen in our area and dogs being taken ive set a few traps in my garden that would only hirt some one coming with the intent to s

And if the police had any sense they'd call round the local doctors, hospitals, walk in centres etc, to check if anyone had come in for treatment for injuries along those lines....but that'd be too mu

Well my garden is staying the way it is.and if any one gets injured in it while trying to steal from me then so be it I will take my chances with the local magistrates if convicted for protecting my o

I've checked eBay for

Anti personal mines

No joy yet

I reckon with a little initiative some sort of tripwire activated spring loaded gizmo these could do the job.. It really does suck that your in the wrong for protecting your own private property

j j m, on 22 Sept 2015 - 8:28 PM, said:

Well my garden is staying the way it is.and if any one gets injured in it while trying to steal from me then so be it I will take my chances with the local magistrates if convicted for protecting my own property.I know one of the scum bags will of needed hospital treatment I don't think plod were interested in following it up as no complaint had been made bye the thief

And if the police had any sense they'd call round the local doctors, hospitals, walk in centres etc, to check if anyone had come in for treatment for injuries along those lines....but that'd be too much like hard work!

• Like 9

The police are probably sympathetic,they could have arrested you,sounds like it really was just a word of advise imo.

I wouldn't leave any trap that will hurt anyone even if it was legal,imo you should make that call,it could be anyone.

A thick coat of anti vandal tar,a security light and a good lock are enough for me,but i have nothing of value here.

you can get alarms which alert your mobile when they go off,might be worth looking into.

I thought that farmer who shot somebody for breaking into his house a good few years ago fought for a law to be brought it to protect your property.these 2 lads broke into his place twice one got shot dead and he wounded the other but his excuse was he thought it was a deralict building.and when the farmer done his time he was trying to get something passed in court to protect your property.

It's sad to say that in this day and age if that thief had serious enough injuries combined with a hard neck (and most of them do) he could sue you.

One of the main worry's about booby traps is if a child was to go into your garden for a ball etc. and got injured.

If I was in your position there's 2 reason I'd change the traps , 1. the police know where they are and might be back to check and 2. the thieves know where they are they might be back.

Unless you're birds are in view of the public then the chances are the thief has been in your place or he's got info of someone who knows your place so keep an eye out for someone in the fraternity or their mates who are limping.

• Like 2

If you had a guard dog which injured an intruder, would you be liable to prosecution?

Genuine question. Years ago I had a german shepherd which chewed an intruder late at night. How I would have stood if the b*****d had made a complaint?

If you had a guard dog which injured an intruder, would you be liable to prosecution?

Genuine question. Years ago I had a german shepherd which chewed an intruder late at night. How I would have stood if the b*****d had made a complaint?

One of the lads at work has just told me they have to prosecute you for ya dog chewing a trespasser now,basically the thief has more right to do what the feck they want in your property and there's nothing you can do.this country is fecked now,the only way can get away with it is if they are in your house but upstairs then it's fair game until then ya fecked

ive kept birds of prey for years,but with the increase of birds being stolen in our area and dogs being taken ive set a few traps in my garden that would only hirt some one coming with the intent to steal not near any paths and the property is protected bye a 6 foot fence all around it with cctc in operation 24 7 ,with a few flas bangs here and there where i think a intruder would try to enter,well in the early hours 2 people entered the premises with the intent to steal birds they come with pillow cases large ones,the first flash bang went off they ran back to the connifers for cover,when no lights went on they waited then tried there luck with the first double door the door was rigged with i will only say would make you think twice and did give a fairly nasty injury to the legs but not life threatening,but made you take to your heals even if it was with a hell of a hobble,when a neighbour called our friendly pc plod as i was out shooting,they visited today they viewed the footage and warned me about protecting my property in such ways i told them they had no right to be on my property and i would not be changing my ways to protect birds and other property they left with the advice well we have told you,lucky for them the woukd be thieves they had balaclavas on so face images were no good,what lengths would you go to protect your premises

When you say flash bangs I assume youre talking about alarm mines that take a blank shotgun cartridge? I have a few of these myself.

Im lucky where I am as well as having a big noisy dog myself my next door neighbours have a few terriers which bark at any movement in my garden so thieves would have a hard time getting to any of my gear.